Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 59330 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 11:31:18 »

Agreed, but also none to chuffed if the board accepted a bid for a first team player from them.

We'll see who has the last laugh tho'. Next season he will be playing in Div 2, & I don't think we will. Reminds me a bit of "Homesick & missing Mummy" Beauchump

From the Dark Side
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:09:18 »

Reminds me a bit of "Homesick & missing Mummy" Beauchump

Nah, I respect Constable for his stance. He's never publicly said he wanted out of the Scum, in fact the snippets (tweets, facebook) suggest he always  though the opposite.

Now he wants to play for a club that seemingly doesn't want him or need the money. Impossible position for him to come out smelling of roses.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:16:27 »

Yeah fair play to him for sticking to his guns, even though his employers have been treating him a bit shitty.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:21:24 »

The only ones who come out of this badly are Pox's board and the fans who abused Cuntstubble. We come out of it fine as our bid was excepted, and the player who said no does to.
We move on now with nothing lost whilst they have unsettled a player.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:23:11 »

no spin doctor is going to make this look good.

You're trying your best though, aren't you?

At least some of your fans have the brainpower to decipher the complexity of the situation:

Hahaha some of you lot are hilarious. Bitter or what?

Fair fucks to Constable, he's given us the right old 2 fingers publicly and stuck to his word.

I have to admit that if a Swindon player turned down oxford I'd be chuckling.

As far as I can see, Oxford get to indicate he's for sale, how much they want etc and the added bonus of us looking like chumps when he says no.

I remain to be convinced that a few keyboard warriors would put him off if he was keen hours before as has been suggested.
DMR

« Reply #305 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:34:49 »

The only ones who come out of this badly are Pox's board and the fans who abused Cuntstubble. We come out of it fine as our bid was excepted, and the player who said no does to.
We move on now with nothing lost whilst they have unsettled a player.

Come off it. It's egg on the faces of all our Billy Big Time fans/board/manager who assumed we can go and get who we want.

Until we get out of this cunting league we're no more appealing than any other mugs, thats the bottom line.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:37:59 »

But ask Murray, Benson, Wes, Rooney if we are more appealing.
Flashheart

« Reply #307 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:43:31 »

Until we get out of this cunting league we're no more appealing than any other mugs, thats the bottom line.

Of course we are.

Bigger stadium, bigger crowds, bigger salaries, bigger matches, under the spotlight more and among the most likely to be playing in the league above next season.

Are you just trolling?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:45:10 »

That's all he does isn't it? I thought he was trollbot or something.

The way I saw it was, we all thought it'd be hilarious to get one over the scummers by signing their cult hero. Very few on here were actually raving about his ability.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:47:31 »

Come off it. It's egg on the faces of all our Billy Big Time fans/board/manager who assumed we can go and get who we want.

I know you like playing devils advocate but that is just daft. I don't think anybody assumed we can get who we want.

Your last sentence to some players of course is true to a certain extent though as not all players will be attracted to us. Still more appealing than most clubs in our division i think for sure.
china red

« Reply #310 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:50:25 »

Constable turned us down when he went to Walsall, he's turned us down again.  Who cares, he's just another league two player, who I think will regret his decision in a couple of seasons time.  Don't really give a shit about Oxford, yes it's good to beat them but they really are a shitty little club in a suburb of Swindon.  The old stadium was crap and the new one is a three sided soulless place in the middle of nowhere.
DMR

« Reply #311 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 12:52:35 »

Nah not trolling. Just think people forget we're in League 2 and we're not exactly walking away with it. We're having a decent time of it at the moment but lets get some perspective.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:00:52 »

But ask Murray, Benson, Wes, Rooney if we are more appealing.

Hardly examples of your apparent 'draw' - all players who weren't getting first team football, expecting to start more games at Swindon, are they not?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:04:12 »

Nah not trolling. Just think people forget we're in League 2 and we're not exactly walking away with it. We're having a decent time of it at the moment but lets get some perspective.

I can see the gap in league position between us an Oxford might not be appealing. But the gap between us and a smaller club (e.g.)Barnet) would be. We are in the same league, but have far greater potential to progress upwards.
Flashheart

« Reply #314 on: Friday, January 20, 2012, 13:04:25 »

Hardly examples of your apparent 'draw' - all players who weren't getting first team football, expecting to start more games at Swindon, are they not?

And?...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: