Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Half" season tickets  (Read 6138 times)
guy66

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 10:03:18 »

I was skint when the season tickets went on sale so have been holding out to see if there will be a "half" season ticket go on sale in the new year, has anyone heard if the club will be doing these again this year?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 10:04:31 »

There was another thread about this a week or so ago and the consensus was that the answer is no.

I'll find the thread for you...

see http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,46207.0.html
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 10:26:47 »

Thanks for that Sonic....
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 11:05:27 »

Worth contacting the club to ask though - they seem quite flexible and may be able to sort something
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 11:06:56 »

Thanks Luci, It has to be worth a try...I have just emailed the box office so will keep my fingers crossed. If I get any news I will post it up here.

Thanks,
Guy
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 11:19:59 »

I wouldn't be suprised if its down to the wage cap, We have budgets in place for people paying £20-£25 on the gate. A half season ticket would have to be attractively priced to be worth wanting, which in turn would lower how much we are making from fans paying on the day.
It might only equate to a couple of hundred quid a game but every little matters with tight budgets
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 12:11:21 »

http://www.swindontownfc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/Home/home.aspx

It might be worth registering here and checking what offers they have?
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 12:57:04 »

Thanks Bosey, good idea....I have just had a reply from the Box Office saying the Board have decided against offering half season tickets this year..
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 13:07:35 »

Send an email to Nick Watkins and explain your situation.  He has helped to sort me out previously with ST pricing.  He has always said that he is willing to speak to anyone about individual deals, and I believe there are some on here that struck deals with him for multi year ST's.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 13:13:14 »

Yeah ralphy got a 5 yr ticket

Mad fucker
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 13:40:01 »

Cheers Berniman...I didn't think of going to Nick Watkins, thanks for that. I guess I have nothing to lose and NW does seem open to ideas.

Thanks again,
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 14:07:29 »

LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON........ i KNOW OF A FEW WHO WOULD GET A HALF SEASON TICKET

From the Dark Side
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 14:36:16 »

I had a reply from Nick within fifteen minutes of sending him my email, I explained my situation about buying my daughter one and as we have a 200 mile round trip I needed to spread my costs.

He explained it had been decided not to offer them this season because;
A) The ST costs were kept very low this year and they offered instalments.
B) Take up for half tickets was very low in recent years.

He did say that perhaps in hindsight it had been an error not to announce at the outset that half tickets would not be sold this year.

On the bright side he said there would be certain matches this season were there would be packages to buy several tickets at special rates..

I guess the moral of the story is I should have got one at the time..
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 14:41:00 »

Is it just the once this year the club have offered bundles on tickets? If half season tickets are a non-starter then hopefully they'll do some offers to buy tickets for the next 4 home games for a discounted price.

wish I'd gone for a season ticket this year after all
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 14:55:36 »

I had a reply from Nick within fifteen minutes of sending him my email, I explained my situation about buying my daughter one and as we have a 200 mile round trip I needed to spread my costs.

He explained it had been decided not to offer them this season because;
A) The ST costs were kept very low this year and they offered instalments.
B) Take up for half tickets was very low in recent years.

He did say that perhaps in hindsight it had been an error not to announce at the outset that half tickets would not be sold this year.

On the bright side he said there would be certain matches this season were there would be packages to buy several tickets at special rates..

I guess the moral of the story is I should have got one at the time..

Fair play to him for replying and giving you a proper answer - I guess they are fair points.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: