Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1993 That's Football! - Channel 4 Swindon Town Documentary  (Read 22531 times)
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 19, 2011, 16:31:53 »

Yes, lovely place that Prenton Park!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 19, 2011, 16:39:24 »

Two 3-2 defeats in at Tranmere had very different emotions.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 19, 2011, 16:47:09 »

How about spotting you at the CG these days during our period of current resurgence instead of egotistically informing us of your happy days as a plastic in the early 90's ?

How about fucking fuck off you preachy cunt and mind your own fucking business?

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 19, 2011, 17:25:42 »

Wow, hadnt seen that before but that brought back a lot of "shiver down the spine" memories even though i was only 11 at the time.

I just hope we see a season as good as that again sometime soon.  Its a bit of a cliche but so many aspects of football were better in those days.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 19, 2011, 20:24:18 »

Nice to watch that again, I was a bit afraid that the camera would focus on me at Wembley on the final whistle - a bit pissed and very very teary...

Special mention for the closing titles, the cameraman was called Ant Sprung.... I found that immeasurably funny for some reason..
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 19, 2011, 22:59:37 »

I should say that I can't take credit for linking it as Mark Hanrahan posted it on twitter, which prompted me to watch it. I can't wait to watch it again.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 00:33:30 »

Just finished watching it, brilliant stuff full of mostly great memories !
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 00:59:55 »

I remember being at the second leg play off at Tranmere when a lot of the Tranmere fans ran on to the pitch at the final whistle and charged towards the Swindon end, me thinking that it's going to kick off, only for them to stand in front of us applauding and wishing us well - I'll never forget that, or my mate making diving impressions out the back window of the coach to the Leicester fans  outside Wembley, taking the piss out of Chalkies 'dive' for the penalty that Bodin then converted  to win the final - I thought we were going to die - Happy days!!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 17:55:14 »

I remember being at the second leg play off at Tranmere when a lot of the Tranmere fans ran on to the pitch at the final whistle and charged towards the Swindon end, me thinking that it's going to kick off, only for them to stand in front of us applauding and wishing us well - I'll never forget that, or my mate making diving impressions out the back window of the coach to the Leicester fans  outside Wembley, taking the piss out of Chalkies 'dive' for the penalty that Bodin then converted  to win the final - I thought we were going to die - Happy days!!

One of my favorite footballing moments that.....I've always had a soft spot of Tranmere because of it.... especially when you contrast it with another pitch invasion on a rather rainy, cold and disappointing night at the Withdean Athletics Stadium.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 20:31:14 »

Can't be arsed to watch it. Can someone tell me how it ends?
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 20:34:27 »

tremendous viewing...leefer-think I saw you on terraces at tranmere about 1hour in?....also anyone else see the young lad (after the wembley game)with glasses that still goes now? he still wears glasses but has grown about a foot :-)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 20, 2011, 21:27:26 »

also anyone else see the young lad (after the wembley game)with glasses that still goes now? he still wears glasses but has grown about a foot :-)

soapy tit wank, I thought exactly the same when I watched saw him. See him at pretty much every away game I go to.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 14:19:25 »

Any chance of a copy on DVD please....will pay costs..
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 15:10:25 »

Any chance of a copy on DVD please....will pay costs..

If someone is doing this, please add me to the list too

Was a great time to be a Town fan, I'm not sure that we appreciated it as much at the time as we should have
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2011, 15:45:38 »

If someone is doing this, please add me to the list too

Was a great time to be a Town fan, I'm not sure that we appreciated it as much at the time as we should have

Same. The club could get in touch with c4 and sell it. It would sell.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: