Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Morecambe Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19877 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:20:56 »

We had a player years ago called David Geddis who was nicknamed Douglas Bader and Magera is the same.
Geddis was a good player and quick....Ten years before he joined us when he was at Ipswich!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:24:25 »

Suggs is the bollocks!

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:34:10 »

Bet they didn't run out of refreshments in there today

Probably did, this is window town.

Clems Army!
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:43:23 »

So  much for Suggs needing to be rat arsed for us to win!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:44:10 »

Never seen an away team have so much of the ball but yet do absolutely nothing with it.... We seemed a bit bothered for the first ten minutes when they started pinging it around like Brazil, but as soon as we realised that there would be no end product we seemed quite content to let them have possession.

I was getting quite irate for a while just waiting for them to finally give the ball away (after their sixteenth sideways pass) so we could crack on and attack - their possession really was that bad.

Good header by Jervis for the goal, but seriously, does he honestly think he's good enough for Birmingham? He's barely good enough for us... and Magera, wow, what a strange performance...really really struggled.

Jonathon Smith is an absolute beast, I haven't seen such fine offensive tackling since Chris Kamara last pulled on a Town shirt, on at least 4 occasions his crunchers directly generated a chance on the opposition goal - fantastic stuff from the lad.

On the whole, a good performance, well pleased with 3 points...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 23:42:47 »

Enjoyed today.  Cant be arsed making any constructive points about our performance, just some negative points about the twat of a referee and his linos and whoever that last sub Morecambe bought on was.  So here goes

Officials were shit.  Fussy, inconsistent and frequently just making bad wrong decisions.

Morecambe sub - clearly came on being told to go and rough us up.  Started by elbowing Flint in the stomach a few times, ran round making bad challenges then pointlessly pushing Caddis when he was in mid air.  A disgraceful excuse for a footballer.  Should be ashamed of himself.

Waiting up now for the usual 1 minute 30 seconds of highlights on the FL show taken up by 30 seconds of the teams walking on to the pitch, the three goals and Wes's excellent save.

Roll on Boxing day for a nice day out and 3 more points!

Never knowingly overstated.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 23:58:38 »

I thought de vita was pretty poor, especially the first half, and it looked like an own goal to me. J.Smith was great today, my m.o.m.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 00:21:10 »

After the first 25 mins, which was as poor quality, from both sides, as I've seen this season we bossed the game.
Pattern has been commented on by a lot of posts in this thread.

Looking at the number of different suggestions for MoTM shows that it was a good team performance.

I can't understand those saying deVita was poor.  For me, this was his best game for us and it was between him and Ferry for MoTM.  deVita was contributing a lot today, offensively and defensively, and topped it with a well-taken goal.

This performance filled me with confidence that the rest of the season should be bright, and if only we can resolve the striker issues (all that needs to be said re Magera already has been!) then we'll march on upwards.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 01:30:39 »

Hammer classic horror on at the mo called The Gorgon, they keep mentioning Magera for some unknown reason
Barry Scott

« Reply #144 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 01:36:55 »

just some negative points about the twat of a referee and his linos and whoever that last sub Morecambe bought on was.  So here goes

Officials were shit.  Fussy, inconsistent and frequently just making bad wrong decisions.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. How the referee didn't get more abuse was beyond me. He was absolutely fucking woeful. The referee did his absolute best to assist Morecambe in every way he could and must have been annoyed that despite his best efforts, we still won. I hope he put a lot of money on a Morecambe win.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 01:37:25 »

What a lovely pre-xmas gift, shame Pox won but you can't have everything!

3 more points, gap closed on 2nd place to 4 points and 15 unbeaten! Great stuff!

Maj

#VivaKenBarlow!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 01:46:26 »

shame Pox won but you can't have everything!

Maj

I don't get the fixation. Why worry about something that is not even entering the equation
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 08:09:26 »

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. How the referee didn't get more abuse was beyond me. He was absolutely fucking woeful.

To be honest I though he poor but wasn't the worst we've seen. His decision to book Ferry was baffling, but he was just a bit rubbish otherwise.

The lino on the DRS side needs a special mention though. I know you have to let play go a bit for offside before deciding whether a player is interfering with play. But when there is a single player who is sprinting towards the ball, why wait 10 seconds and only raise your flag when he gets there. He was hardly going to stop mid sprint and say "only joking".
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 09:03:47 »

The only reason the Ref isn't getting a massive slating across the board is that he didn't have a big decision to make, he got most of the less important decisions wrong, missing an obvious handball and then a push right in front of him in quick succession, giving a goal kick when one of their Centre Halves had clearly knocked it over their own bar etc etc.

As most have said, Morecombe played some neat football with no real end result. They made us look very ordinary first half and Morecombe must have wondered how they went in 2 down.  I don't know how much of that is down to their lack of a creative spark and how much is down to the quality of our defence, but on the back of a 15 game run you have to give the back 4 and Wes the benefit of the doubt on that. We seem to have been winning ugly for some time. Heaven help League 2 if we start turning on the style.

Second half I though we were well in control and could have put them to the sword if we'd really wanted to. If we had a decent pairing up front we'd be tearing the league a new arsehole.  Get that sorted in January, keep Wes and Ridenhalgh for at least the season and we're going places.

Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, December 18, 2011, 09:13:24 »

After much debate during the game and having slowed it down on sky+ on the football league show, I maintain the first goal was an own goal. One thing for sure is it didn't come from Jervis' head. Did anyone else notice this?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: