Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Morecambe Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20591 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:17:15 »

Wasn't there today but Magera has impressed me every time I see him. Very unselfish, holds it up, obviously has quality. No, he won't score a lot of goals but he must be great to play alongside.

Not today. For a giant, he's so timid.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:21:26 »

Only 8 pages! We must have done well. No time to write anything constructive, but that was Crewe Part 2. Morecambe outplayed us but were poor going forward. That said, Wes pulled off two miraculous saves to keep us in it. We were deadly on the counter and solid at the back. Excellent performances from Smith, Fod, Ferry, Flint and McCormack.

Oh, and the Ref was shit.

Edit, Murray also played well. Megera didn't.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:23:33 by System » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:27:08 »

People keep saying we were poor but I don't think that was the case really, we didn't play at our best but we didn't need to.  The reason why they had so much possesion was the formation that they played, 3-5-2 so they always had a spare man at the back and then passed it to the wingers.  But after that play they didn't actual do much with that possesion, where as we chased them down and stole the ball quite a few times.

De Vita came on the radio after the game and said that Di Canio told them it was ok for them to have the ball for long periods.  As we kept up with all the players in our half, once again the fitness played a major part in the win!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:28:56 »

After a poor opening half hour, when Morecambe looked a very decent side, I thought we looked great today. Caddis is consistently brilliant at the moment, but there were good performances throughout the side. Magera however, just looks bereft of any confidence. Either that or he just isn't very good...

Agree Magera was poor, but in all honesty, aside from the goal I didn't think Jervis was much better.  For two big men, they don't win nearly enough in the air, aren't strong enough on the ball and don't put enough pressure on the defence.  The cheers when he was substituted won't help with his confidence tho.

A good win, considering Morecambe looked the better team for the first half an hour.  Foderingham made two excellent saves at 1-0 and 2-0. He really is an excellent keeper and we need to keep him.  Defence excellent again, McCormack deservedly mom.  Midfield took a bit of time to settle, Smith was the standout for me.

Good that we've gained on the top 3.  The next few weeks could be telling.  If we can continue to gain slightly, we've got more home games than away next year, which should hopefully see us strong enough to get into the autos.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:32:25 »

72 away fans must be close to a record in the league at our place. I assume they counted the drum.

It must have included the drum and the stewards. I swear I counted 63. Where did the extra 9 come from Wink
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:44:34 »

Bet they didn't run out of refreshments in there today

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:47:51 »

long way to come to get stuffed and the weather is shite up there. Bollocks would i have done it
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:53:51 »

Maybe the heard that the bar in the away end was called Bar71, and they thought it was only for 71 fans...but someone extra turned up !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 19:57:58 »

Maybe the heard that the bar in the away end was called Bar71, and they thought it was only for 71 fans...but someone extra turned up !!!

Smiley
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 20:00:21 »

We seemed quite happy to just them have it at the back. We stood off, and Ferry and Smith were constantly just sat off talking to those around them, keeping the shape. It wasn't a 'home' performance, but the scoreboard says it didn't need to be.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 20:19:30 »

Agree with what the majority have said. We were not at our best but scored 3 and their keeper made 2 very good saves. Jervis also appeared to miss a sitter in the 1st half. Morecambe kept possesion really well but, apart from Wes's save in the 1st half, didn't threaten at all. They could have been there until 6 and wouldn't have scored.

I really believe that the only thing that will stop us from gaining auto promotion is our home form in 2012. We now all turn up, not expecting us to batter the opposition, but to at least win the match. It is unlikely that we will win everyone of the last 13 home matches and as a consequence the crowd need to do their bit by not letting their frustration manifest through to the players. I truly believe that we are going to be champions although, at times, it will be a frustrating ride!    

oh a Jonathan Smith was our best player by a mile.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 20:22:56 »

De Vita was quality.....but Caddis was my mom.

A good all round show........UP THE TOWN,
stfcinbmth

« Reply #132 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 20:30:04 »

Currently stuck at Reading station waiting for a train. Just like to say Magera is awful, no pace, can't jump, battery on 3% goodnight till I get home
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 20:33:19 »

De Vita was quality.....but Caddis was my mom.

A good all round show........UP THE TOWN,
Smith or Caddis for me.  I thought De Vita was fairly poor in the first half but once he scored he certainly turned it on in the second period.  STFC must have lost a fair bit of money today, lot of people wanting hot drinks but unable to get served, only two people serving!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, December 17, 2011, 21:05:51 »

long way to come to get stuffed and the weather is shite up there. Bollocks would i have done it

Yes Yes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: