Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet first leg is away  (Read 25408 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:16:25 »

I hope that if we do get to Wembley the club introduce a special white strip with 'The People' sponsor on the front, because that is what we all want!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:19:49 »

Wembley or not, I'm finding it really hard to get even slightly enthused about the JPT. I have this feeling that if we went to Wembley, win or lose, I wouldn't be particularly moved. I think it'll feel like a friendly and my emotions after will be the same - just kind of meh.

Exactly how I feel.

I'd go to the game but because I felt I had to rather than really wanting to.  I just think the competition means nothing, Wembley as a place was an expensive let down last time and has no excitement value for me.

Maybe I'll get the buzz nearer the time but the league games either side of the final would be 10x more important.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:30:27 »

This season only one thing matters. Promotion.

But I'll happily go to Wembley if it means ridding me of impression it made last time. Would winning there, or even just putting in a good performance, make me think that it isn't a white elephant of overpriced and stupidly located concrete?

What I mean is I want to go back to thinking playing at Wembley is special, not something to dread.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:47:22 »

The sooner they ditch playing the tin pot final at wembley the better. Would be much better at villa park or a similar sized ground.
totally agree, it would be much better. not going to happen though, because raping 35,000 or so lower league fans of £40-50 goes a little bit further to paying the wembley costs back
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:49:27 »

I've never seen my team win a trophy other than lifting the divvy 2 title and I was only 10.

I want to see my team win at Wembley as the only time I've been is Millwall and I refuse to let all you old cunts have all the glory.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
corner

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:54:32 »

Sanchez to be interviewd for NI managers job, chances are he would get it, when we get to wembley how many hammers fans would turn up just to see paolo in action?

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:59:58 »

I don't think he'll play mate
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:01:50 »

Sanchez to be interviewd for NI managers job, chances are he would get it, when we get to wembley how many hammers fans would turn up just to see paolo in action?

Very few, if any.

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:03:35 »

totally agree, it would be much better. not going to happen though, because raping 35,000 or so lower league fans of £40-50 goes a little bit further to paying the wembley costs back
Do the Football League not have authority to make their own decision on the venue?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:13:34 »

I hope that if we do get to Wembley the club introduce a special white strip with 'The People' sponsor on the front, because that is what we all want!

No, this years kit will be yellow and blue!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:14:02 »

Do the Football League not have authority to make their own decision on the venue?

No, they signed a long term (20 year) deal with the Devil (the FA) for all their finals to be played at the new Wembley.

So they will all be at Wembley for another 15 years.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:27:07 »

I havent bothered with a piss poor paint pot game for years now - my opinion on its general pointlessness is well know

...and my one and only experience at the new Wembley was horrible - if anything I'd go just to right the wrong of that horrible deflated day.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:31:26 »

Just looking at the FL Trophy wiki page and came across this... never realised at the time!

The 2006 final was branded simply as the Football League Trophy after the new owners of LDV withdrew sponsorship of the competition in March 2006, also meaning no prize money was awarded to the winners
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:41:50 »

Very few, if any.

There were 3 in front of me at Southend on tuesday night. One was holding up his Shirt with Di Canio on the back when Paolo came over to us.

I admit the JPT hardly sets the pulse racing but it meant alot to the people there to come back from a goal down. I still have the scars on my leg from when my shin smashed the seat in front to prove it. We should just enjoy the run for what it is. I know we all like a moan but jeez we must be one of the only sets of fans who don't want to go to Wembley.
DRS

« Reply #74 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 13:44:57 »

There were 3 in front of me at Southend on tuesday night. One was holding up his Shirt with Di Canio on the back when Paolo came over to us.

I admit the JPT hardly sets the pulse racing but it meant alot to the people there to come back from a goal down. I still have the scars on my leg from when my shin smashed the seat in front to prove it. We should just enjoy the run for what it is. I know we all like a moan but jeez we must be one of the only sets of fans who don't want to go to Wembley.
I know what you are sayig.At the evening with DiCanio  there were a few who had traveled down for it. Don't underestimate how uch of a legend the bloke is to West Ham fans
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: