Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barnet first leg is away  (Read 25444 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 09:17:51 »

To be frank, i'd be embarressed if we could not beat Barnet over two legs, especially with the advantage of the second leg at home.

Ok, you can be Frank, but only if I can be Earnest.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 09:33:08 »

Ok, you can be Frank, but only if I can be Earnest.

Can I still be Garth?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 09:49:50 »

I have no doubt in my mind that we'll be heading back to Wembley. Just read Vics latest entry on the Washbag and I have the same bizarre feeling of confidence as he mentions... It's almost unnerving to feel this confident but this team just keeps living up to expectation.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 09:59:00 »

Know exactly what you mean b3nny. The last couple of months have been fantastic, and its been a while since I've gone into every Saturday expecting us to win, regardless of opposition, home or away.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 10:29:11 »

I have no doubt in my mind that we'll be heading back to Wembley. Just read Vics latest entry on the Washbag and I have the same bizarre feeling of confidence as he mentions... It's almost unnerving to feel this confident but this team just keeps living up to expectation.

2-1 up with 10 minutes to go against the league leaders - any other year for the past god knows how long I would have been preparing myself for the last minute equalizer and 2-2 draw.

Tuesday night - I had no fear what so ever that we'd concede.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 10:37:03 »

Yeah when we went one down I said to the Mrs we'd still win, no doubt in my mind.

I did shout Blair Cunting Sturrock out at the time though.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:12:29 »

The sooner they ditch playing the tin pot final at wembley the better. Would be much better at villa park or a similar sized ground.
I think we will make the final but aint really excited at the prospect.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:19:13 by arriba » Logged
DRS

« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:16:29 »

I am excited by it. Very moist infact
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:23:18 »

Think your right regarding the fans arriba but most players in the lower leagues don't get the chance to play at Wembley.
Don't like the new stadium half as much as the old especially when it's only half full. Perhaps the club suggest the town end fans and those who want to stand and sing have tickets allocated together to get some noise from the Swindon fans unlike last time.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:25:58 »

I am excited by the prospect of Wembley as

a) It'll be a great day out on the piss

b) I don't want my abiding Swindon related memory of the new stadium to be the Millwall game
Barry Scott

« Reply #55 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:33:40 »

Wembley or not, I'm finding it really hard to get even slightly enthused about the JPT. I have this feeling that if we went to Wembley, win or lose, I wouldn't be particularly moved. I think it'll feel like a friendly and my emotions after will be the same - just kind of meh.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:40:17 »

Wembley or not, I'm finding it really hard to get even slightly enthused about the JPT. I have this feeling that if we went to Wembley, win or lose, I wouldn't be particularly moved. I think it'll feel like a friendly and my emotions after will be the same - just kind of meh.
Same.

I'll still go.
DRS

« Reply #57 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:48:04 »

I understand that.For me it's the bigger picture though.It may sound silly but irrelevent of what tournament we are in for the first time in a long time we have a team and a manager who seem to give a fuck.

Even after the playoff defeat i had the impression that bar a few of them alot of the players didn't actually give a fuck it's just nice now to watch a team who are trying and taking everything seriously
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:53:06 »

I struggle to get exited about things in general, going on holiday and Christmas etc....  But a couple of days before the butterflies and excitement starts and I enjoy them when they get here.  Football is very much the same for me especially where the JPT is concerned.  I'm sure though when/if we get to the final it will be a great day and it would certainly be fantastic to see Caddis lifting the trophy at full time!
Barry Scott

« Reply #59 on: Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:53:32 »

I understand that.For me it's the bigger picture though.It may sound silly but irrelevent of what tournament we are in for the first time in a long time we have a team and a manager who seem to give a fuck.

Even after the playoff defeat i had the impression that bar a few of them alot of the players didn't actually give a fuck it's just nice now to watch a team who are trying and taking everything seriously

That makes sense and it's a good way to look at it. I'm sure if we get to the final then my feelings will change. After all, if the players and manager are up for it, I really should be too - I'd be letting the side down otherwise!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: