Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Re-development  (Read 29695 times)
DRS

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 3, 2011, 21:41:25 »

Whatever you do dont hold your breath,In 1990 they showed us what they wanted to do on the redevelopment,all that they have done is put a new lemon block in the pisser Smug Fuck Off
With all due respect until recently the last 20+ years we have bee very poor tennants.The council have had every right in my opinion to be cautious of every one of our previous shady chairman and be reluctant to help.The current financial crisis ad the fact we have a decent board who do alot of good stuff for the community could see us be in a much better position this time round
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 5, 2011, 20:08:04 »

I believe that early discussions have been had with the council and the town's MP's and they are very positive towards what the club want to do but it has got to work for the town as well as the football club, I have full faith in Watkins, Wray, Fitton etc to keep us in the loop when there is something worth saying.

There is so much potential at the CG especially with the council looking to redevelop their leisure centre's and the club interested in the CG extension now is probably the right time to strike a deal.

The council have to be seen to be getting the correct price for tax payers as well which I would expect to be a sticking point, as I would expect if the council want a lot of hard cash they are not going to get it but they would get money from all the spin off's the club brings to the town increased walk up, bigger crowds spending more in the town bigger away attendances again spending more in the town and perhaps there may end up a partnership agreement with some of the facilities built at the new CG

Wray did comment on RS that he was in and out of the board meeting due to it being held when the loan window closed so didn't take in a lot
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 17:42:00 »

SPORT: #Swindon Town Chief Executive Nick Watkins tells @BBCWiltshire that redevelopment of the County Ground could begin in a year. #stfc

Brilliant news.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 17:43:13 »

We've heard similar rumblings before.

Fingers crossed it will happen.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 17:44:48 »

Until I see the plans with everything signed off then I won't believe this will actually happen.

#VivaKenBarlow!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 17:47:24 »

JW or NW mentioned a while back that if things went well they'd be starting work on the Town End next summer. Plenty of reason to be sceptical but positive signs at least.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 17:48:03 »

Good to hear, hopefully it will happen
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 17:59:21 »

I can't believe people are coming out with the old "Oooh, I'll believe it when I see it" line. Things have moved on somewhat since Diamond Mike and his cronies thankfully slung their collective hooks. I am personally pretty sure this current lot mean business, as has been very effectively demonstrated in the last 12 months.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 18:01:34 »

I can't believe people are coming out with the old "Oooh, I'll believe it when I see it" line. Things have moved on somewhat since Diamond Mike and his cronies thankfully slung their collective hooks. I am personally pretty sure this current lot mean business.

Why can't you believe it?

The current board have said similar hopeful ETA's and then BAM! relegation.

I think it's completely understandable to hold off excitement until the contractors roll in.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 18:02:56 »

Just getting the plans on paper is a shitload more than the other lot did. Actually talking to the Council is a shitload more again. If this lot say it then I have no reason to disbelieve them. I'm quite happy to trust them.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 18:47:22 »

I think the Town End re-development will be the most interesting aspect as it has the most potential for additional space that can be used to offset the cost of building.  I was looking through and found this booklet from Frank Whittle who are designing the new stands.

democracy.york.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=19763

you'll have to paste it into google i'm afraid....

first time poster blah blah blah

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 18:50:56 »

I salute your nonchalance RS.

I see nothing offensive and yet nothing super exciting from what they've designed so far.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 19:07:23 »

That document is actually a very good read. Shows that some significant incomes can be generated that can essentially make the redevelopment self-funding.

Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 19:12:02 »

Thing is also that the CG is perfectly located for those types of development.

Offices, hotels etc right next to the town center.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 19:32:43 »

the problem is the lack of space around the North Stand and Bank restricts their potential for development in this manner, although there is some scope at the corner by the Town End for something to be done with the North Stand.

I suppose thats why you pay architects though...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: