Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: gary speed  (Read 17250 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:00:32 »

What an absolute dreadful waste and my heart goes out to his family and friends who are left to pick up the pieces.

A friend of mine committed suicide by an overdose 7 years ago next month.  He had split up from his wife and she was being difficult about access to their two young children.  Nobody believes he intended to die, as had his mum and dad returned home at the time they'd said, he probably would have been found in time.  As it was, they went to visit a friend unexpectedly and got home 2 hours later to find him dead .  They've spent the last 7 years torturing themselves about that and feeling they let their only child down.  Truly awful.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:42:38 »

What an absolute dreadful waste and my heart goes out to his family and friends who are left to pick up the pieces.

A friend of mine committed suicide by an overdose 7 years ago next month.  He had split up from his wife and she was being difficult about access to their two young children.  Nobody believes he intended to die, as had his mum and dad returned home at the time they'd said, he probably would have been found in time.  As it was, they went to visit a friend unexpectedly and got home 2 hours later to find him dead .  They've spent the last 7 years torturing themselves about that and feeling they let their only child down.  Truly awful.

My best mate did so many years ago. Effected me then badly.

Dropping me hints that he was going to do it and drove past my house twice. I ran out but missed him he was found dead in Morning.

Still not my place today to bring this up.

RIP Gary Speed a football legend and my heart goes out to his family who will be hurting so bad.
What a tragic story.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:43:04 »

That pretty much says what I think. This really was a shocker.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 21:22:23 »

Life must be very tough when you have the money of an ex-pro footballer...

Very odd, and as has been said didn't seem depressed yesterday.

Depression isn't normally very visible so that's not a big surprise (if indeed he was suffering from it). On top of that you'll often find those suffering from it put on a 'brave face' and keep it to themselves, so you wouldn't know anything was wrong unless you knew the signs to look for.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 23:24:04 »

Truly shocking news.  I couldn't believe it when I heard earlier.  RIP Gary Speed.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 02:09:23 »

RIP Gary. A true club legend. I hope the cunting vultures do not ruin your legacy as a great player and gentleman.

Now, ain't that just like me?
china red

« Reply #51 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 02:50:30 »

Really shocked when I found out about this earlier today.  Us as fans do put a lot of pressure on players and managers to succeed. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 07:45:08 »

Really shocked when I found out about this earlier today.  Us as fans do put a lot of pressure on players and managers to succeed. 

i don 't think this had anything to do with his work, Wales were getting some pretty impressive results under him.

walrus

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 12:19:07 »

God obviously misunderstood Amy Winehouse when she asked for speed.....
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 14:47:12 »

God obviously misunderstood Amy Winehouse when she asked for speed.....

Is it half term already? You and boy about town should form a double act

Sad to say, i must be on my way
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 10:02:16 »

Is it half term already? You and boy about town should form a double act

Spencer_White

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 16:13:18 »

Awful. Very very sad.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 23:08:28 »

GS was almost certainly one of the best players of his generation (and definateky an un-sung hero a lot of the time), but also the most professional, and of subsequent generations.

A sad lost to British football.

God bless your family, and you.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 00:34:08 »

what the fuck has a blessing from God got to do with someone who commits suicide - it's a sin isn't it?

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2011, 11:27:51 »

I am still finding it very difficult to think of Gary in the past tense.

Rest in peace, Gary Sped.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: