Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon Vs Swindon Town - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32601 times)
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 12:15:21 »

And the view was fucking shit. And the titty bar was crap. But I was allowed to smoke in the ground so all was not lost

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 12:21:44 »

I was fucked yesterday

As were we all. I was laughing to myself walking back to the station last night as i caught a view of us in a window shuffling along like something out of the walking dead.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 12:27:31 »

Wasn't a bad game yesterday. Thought a draw was probably the fair result. In the first half we were very poor. Just didn't get anything going at all and it was like watching us back in August where our defending from set pieces looked so dodgy. At one point I felt they were going to score every time they got a corner. Despite all of that we still had a few good chances. Connell should have bagged 2 in the first 45 to be quite honest but their keeper did make 2 decent saves.

In the second half we looked asleep for the first 15 minutes and they were all over us. A 2nd for them would have killed it off but we managed to stick it out and eventually we got going. Not sure how Connell missed that chance that seemed to trickle towards the post/wide. After our goal we were all over them and I thought we could have gone on to win it but it wasn't to be.

2 penalty calls turned down. The first I think is a penalty. Connell is running for the ball and clearly he's going to get there first. The Wimbledon player just clattered into him from behind. I don't think anyone would have stayed on their feet for that as the momentum would naturally knock you over. If that's outside the box it's a free kick. It really frustrates me when refs don't have the balls to blow for a penalty when they'd give the foul anywhere else on the pitch. The Caddis one I didn't see a lot of because of the view but it looked as if he was ready to shoot or flash the ball across goal so can't see why he would have gone down there. A few Wombles fan at the train station after the game even said it should have been a penalty. The ref was pretty shocking all round though and I lost count of how many times Jervis and Connell were pushed only for the ref to play on.

Di Canio's subs were spot on. De Vita was having a mare of a game and Gabilondo was very good when he came on. Smith changed the game. I think PDC should have made that change a bit earlier. Risser seems to go missing a bit too much and Ferry seemed to come into the game more when Smith came on and you can see it's a partnership that seems to be working so I think we should have those 2 starting in CM next week. Connell is much better as an impact player. His hold up play is very good and puts himself about but his finishing is pretty poor at times. We really missed Kerrouche yesterday. I think it showed how important he really is to the team.

And finally the ground. Tiny and the view was very poor. Had to tip toe to see anything in the 2nd half. It wasn't far off being as bad as Supermarine or Ciren. You can see how far AFC have come in the past few years and what a great achievement it has been.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 12:29:47 »

Was in the Paul Stank stand

I come from a land down-under
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 12:31:30 »

As were we all. I was laughing to myself walking back to the station last night as i caught a view of us in a window shuffling along like something out of the walking dead.

I don't remember going home

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 12:54:29 »

Good on ya! It's just not needed, although just a hand shake would've sufficed, apparently.

Yeah it's ok he apologised to my mate because his emotions got the better of him... silly little boy.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 12:56:36 »

I think the smell was due to one of our fans letting off stink bombs, the funny fucker.

Good day out and on the whole our support was top notch. I did have a minor disagreement with one though, who thought it was a good idea to bait the Wimbledon fans by chanting "Franchise, Franchise, Franchise....". which was frankly embarrassing and fucking annoying.

There was a gobbly little cunt to the very right hand side of the away "stand". I bet it was him.   He was an embarrassment.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 13:03:58 »

I saw that guy your on about, what a cunt

« Reply #218 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 13:09:18 »

No doubt my day would have been far better if I was able to join everyone on a proper LDN away day, but personally thought it was shit bar the hour in the pub before hand.

The ground is shit, if it was anyone but the fairytale that is AFCW then it'd be slated. Couldn't see fuck all, half the away terrace with no cover and not a great atmosphere due to it being long and shallow.

As for the game, we done more than enough to win it. The front 2 were rank in the first half but improved massively after the break though, to be fair. Risser had a mare, and Smith was quality when he came on, really showed up Risser. Al Mac and Flint were awesome again, they compliment each other so well and McCormack in particualr is really impressing me at CB.

Probably in the minority in disagreeing in a big way re taking Ritchie off. Was far from our worst player on the pitch and always likely to create, certainly more then Esajas anyway.

And, just to clarify, they were absolutely shite. Like proper shite. We had more than enough chances to win the game but didn't, and Connell alone missed 2 great chances and another 3 or 4 half-chances.

But the run continues, and it's an ok result so long as we back it up with 3 points next week.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 13:17:53 »

I'm happy drawing our away games as long as we keep our good home form up. Someone pointed out in this thread that we still have 13 home games left to play in 2012 and only 10 away. That makes things very interesting. A few decent results on the road and keeping our home form up would result in us being high up the league come May.

As for Ritchie I thought he was getting into good positions and making good runs with the ball but he was always taking the wrong option at the end of it. He's not going to score from 30 yerds every week. Think it was the right choice to haul him off. He needs to know that he's not invincible.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 17:09:01 »

quoting my "the Paul Stank Stand"

Grin

irony being there weren't any stink bombs in the Paul Strank Stand...

Just this bloke, Paul
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 19:02:30 »

I threw a few disgusted looks at the ones singing "you're just a shit M K D o n s"........ embarrassing.

Early on I had to tell a bloke behind me, who must have been twice my age, to button it singing anti-Dons songs, slagging the ground, their fans, and calling them tinpot. There are some very simple people around.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 19:17:04 »

Early on I had to tell a bloke behind me, who must have been twice my age, to button it singing anti-Dons songs, slagging the ground, their fans, and calling them tinpot. There are some very simple people around.
One of the reasons i've stopped going to away games this season is because there is a real knobhead element recently that go just to cause trouble or sing abusive songs which basicly gives the decent town fans who are there to support the team a bad name.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 19:30:47 »

One of the reasons i've stopped going to away games this season is because there is a real knobhead element recently that go just to cause trouble or sing abusive songs which basicly gives the decent town fans who are there to support the team a bad name.

Completely agreed

Some of our so called "fans" are a fucking embarrasment
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 19:32:48 »

Thought our fans were brilliant today so I disagree with people saying its 'embarrasing'...not at all I'd lighten up if I were you...didnt see many of us around LDN town but plenty in the titty bar so happy days...

I was in there too and I disagree

Fucking embarrassment is an understatement
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: