Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Frozen Planet  (Read 1518 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 13:48:26 »

Best programme ever to air in the history of television?  Sea unicorns, unfreezing waterfalls and 200mph Arctic winds.  Got round to watching the second episode last night and was gripped, finding myself wanting to work as a nature cameraman by the end of it.  Or am I just a geek?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 13:56:43 »

If you want to do that you would have to expect to be away from home for 4 years as this is how long it took to do this series.

Brilliant series and i only wish i had HD as i imagine it was superb.....
china red

« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 14:01:33 »

Even downloaded and watched on my MacBook it looks impressive.  Especially enjoying watching the stories about the killer whales and the Polar bear family.

Whats next though?  Don't see how they could make something better.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 14:02:53 »

upgrading my Virgin package and getting Eden was the best thing ever. Got Frozen Planet and Planet Earth on series record.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 14:03:32 »

Outstanding program....setting the standard.

Was in stitches at that penguin stealing those stones in episode 2, those crafty little backwards glances.

Also loving the slow pans taken over several weeks showing the ice develop or recede....would love to know how these are achieved (assumng its just lots of cameras set up and left which are moved by 1/2 a degree or something every month?)

Oh, and walrus, as practice, go and sit perfectly still in your freezer for 4 months looking into a camera, on the odd chance of seeing a snow tiger.
Candy Runt

« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 15:57:07 »

Not seen any of it yet, but have no doubt it's amazing. Good old Dave, he doesn't mess around.

Also... anyone else get a feeling China Red only commented to make a point of owning a MacBook...?
« Last Edit: Friday, November 18, 2011, 16:13:43 by Candy Runt » Logged
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 16:12:17 »

Just about to watch the Autumn episode now, have enjoyed the others immensely.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 21:55:39 »

According to the programme they were only in the Arctic for four months at a time.  They must get paid a fair wedge for that.  Was quite funny watching them get blown over in the wind.

Yes just watched episode 2 - the penguin thief was classic.  It's a bit weird how scientient (sp?) some animals are, as it's easy to think of them as brainless life. 

Treating myself to episodes three and four tonight as got the house to myself (my girlfriend hates good TV)....  Been proper excited all day.  I'm getting old.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 00:05:47 »

The only bit I've seen so far is the penguin thief. Going to have to make some time to catch up. Looked brilliant in HD it must be said.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 00:08:19 »

The Polar Bears fighting was brilliant,they are massive when stood up....you wouldn't stand a chance if pissing one off.
Dazzza

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 19, 2011, 00:13:23 »

As great as it is I haven’t seen so much jizz over a TV show since This Morning’s Breast Cancer special.  Where Leilani of old page 3 fame wapped them out while TV doctor and part time Penfold lookalike Chris Steel massaged old Leilani’s mammaries ike a pair of his mums mozzarellas..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: