Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 49721 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 13:16:01 »

Because I was deadly serious.
Granted you seem far too cool to speak about such debates as the quality of teams match tickets.
Lets face it mate we both write on a internet forum for a football team, therefore we've already lost our credibility with most of society and besides worse things have been discussed on here.

Good points well made! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 17:12:36 »

Does anyone need a train ticket for this from Swindon? Got 3 people for a groupsaver so far but dont know anyone else who has a ticket and group saver with 4 people is cheaper. 

I need two train tickets...probably go from Chippenham but Swindon would be ok.

Message me if you want to link the tickets.

Clems Army!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 21:34:01 »

We all on the standard 9.11 from Swindon to Paddington then lads?

Should be a seriously good weekend for me...got 'ULNO' (the ultimate lads night out; theme hooters, lappers, brothel) at one of my mates birthdays on the friday so getting a train down to bristol parkway for that friday night then up early doors and on the train back sat morning meeting my lot on the 9.11 train....cannot wait! #STFC

#VivaKenBarlow!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 22:37:37 »

Just ordered 4 for the John Smiths Stand and payment went through on an OX post code.

Mate done the same earlier today.

I have a feeling that it could be a good gate and revenue for AFCW Wink
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 23:11:37 »

Just ordered 4 for the John Smiths Stand and payment went through on an OX post code.

Mate done the same earlier today.

I have a feeling that it could be a good gate and revenue for AFCW Wink

Same here (ox post code) - are the tickets going to be posted out or do we collect them at the ground? I bought mine on Monday but they haven't come through as yet. Game is a couple of weeks away so not worried yet, but just  wondered....
bobby

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 23:25:42 »

Will see closer the time what train to get, 9.11 looks ideal time though.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 23:26:23 »

Mine arrived in the post today
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 23:29:43 »

Mine arrived in the post today

Embarrassed   just been told my the better half that mine came this morning too....  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 10:11:49 »

This used to be my stomping ground (Wimbledon from 2000 to 2004 and then a couple of years in Putney).  I used to dream of bumping in to Sam Parkin while out in Putney...allegedly, he used to drink there.  It never happened.

Used to live in Teddington.  Whilst working one Saturday night, my missus, who was entertaining my parents in the local, my old man told her SSP was at the bar.

I was told this the following morning.  We are now divorced.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 17:12:43 »

It sounds like most of us without away tickets are going in the John Smiths stand.  Sure it will be good natured and all, but a designated area for what’s going to be a lot of town fans might be an idea?  Maybe we just all stand in the same part of the stand.  Wimbledon fans seem a friendly bunch, but wouldn’t want to get chucked out if we score after three mins, which we most likely won’t.
Coca Fola

« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 19:13:41 »

It sounds like most of us without away tickets are going in the John Smiths stand.  Sure it will be good natured and all, but a designated area for what’s going to be a lot of town fans might be an idea?  Maybe we just all stand in the same part of the stand.  Wimbledon fans seem a friendly bunch, but wouldn’t want to get chucked out if we score after three mins, which we most likely won’t.
Are you being serious? If you make it known you're an away fan in the home fan the stewards will just chuck you out.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 20:51:30 »

Wasn't a problem when I went with a mate to watch Gillingham there. I'd suggest anyone going in the John Smiths stand to get in to the ground 15 minutes before kick off and making your eat down to the other corner of the stand where you come in. That way you'll be stood next to chaps who actually have a ticket in the away end.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 21:20:39 »

I will keep my head down and not celebrate but if stewards start man handling me or mates for no good reason, or anyone else who underservedly ends up being ejected then I will make my feelings known. They could have done more to allocate us a bigger number of briefs. I will hopefully be meeting with like minded when inside (Town fans plotted in Home end). Trip to the Sir Peel pub on the cards before hand though, maybe a sneaky trip to the Scotsman in Kings X after the game back to the hotel. Anyone recommend a decent area to drink in the evening in London? Thinking either Shoreditch or perhaps Camden area!
« Last Edit: Friday, November 4, 2011, 21:23:27 by Boy About Town » Logged

Now, ain't that just like me?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 4, 2011, 21:26:33 »

I will keep my head down and not celebrate but if stewards start man handling me or mates for no good reason, or anyone else who underservedly ends up being ejected then I will make my feelings known. They could have done more to allocate us a bigger number of briefs. I will hopefully be meeting with like minded when inside (Town fans plotted in Home end). Trip to the Sir Peel pub on the cards before hand though, maybe a sneaky trip to the Scotsman in Kings X after the game back to the hotel. Anyone recommend a decent area to drink in the evening in London? Thinking either Shoreditch or perhaps Camden area!
I think it's a bit rich using the word 'undeservedly' when you're breaking the conditions of entry by going in the home end in the first place. Not that I have a problem with it - I'm thinking of doing it myself, but rules are rules.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, November 7, 2011, 08:02:04 »

Who was the mong who rang cheltenham and asked if it was ok to go in the home end.....and the posted it on here?

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: