Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 49262 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:39:30 »

neareast train station apparantly?! Where is everyone else headed

Things get better but they never get good
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:49:09 »

Think this one finishes early, around 6pm I believe. Then back into London for drinks!
Yeah but I seem to have lost all of my London navigational ability, coupled with a huge amoung of drinking in both Swindon and London that will be required previously, added to the fact that it will be all ticket....a bit fucking shit....

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:50:14 »

Fuck it, I'll come along for the piss-up anyway...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 21:54:21 »

Swindon to Paddington (cans) (quick one in the bishop and the bear padd station)
Paddington to Charing Cross (tube) probs a pub around there-spoons around the corner
Charing Cross to Norbiton...fuk nos, footy ground guide has listed a few pubs

Maj x

#VivaKenBarlow!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 07:40:56 »

If you fancy a few pubes in your pint, head for the Peel near the ground. Personally I'll head into Kingston, a little further away but far better pubs, and only a short bus away.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 07:52:06 »

Swindon to Paddington (cans) (quick one in the bishop and the bear padd station)
Paddington to Charing Cross (tube) probs a pub around there-spoons around the corner
Charing Cross to Norbiton...fuk nos, footy ground guide has listed a few pubs

Maj x

It's Waterloo, not Charing Cross, where you'll need to catch your train to Norbiton.  Still easy enough.  Just stay on the underground for a couple of stops after Charing Cross.

But as Sutton says, Norbiton is a bit of a pub desert.  Kingston and Surbiton are not far away and both have a many more options.  Surbiton also has the benefit that there are fast trains from Waterloo.
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 08:21:57 »

If you fancy a few pubes in your pint, head for the Peel near the ground. Personally I'll head into Kingston, a little further away but far better pubs, and only a short bus away.

I went to watch AFC Wimbledon beat Gillingham the other weeks there. I thought the Robert Peel was a quality boozer, right up there in terms of high quality entertainment on a par with the Flying Scotsman at Kings Cross. I'm sure most Town fans will be happy with it, although it can get a bit pricey when you're having to stick £1 in to a glass every 3 minutes. Very similar to that one at Wycombe as well. If it was a warm day I'd say Town fans should meet at a pub in Kingston, but as it won't be then we might as well go to the Peel.

Gillingham sold their allocation that day but there seemed to be loads of them in the home end with us and there seemed to be no problems with this. I'd expect we'll sell our allocation as well so that's the option I'm going for.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 20:41:55 »

Good man

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 12:02:31 »

I heard tickets will not make general sale, not so good if that is the case, anyone know anything about what we have left of the poxy 700 allocation?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 13:17:31 »

I heard that they sold out yesterday.

Don't imagine we are likely to get any more either
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 14:17:49 »

If that is so then I am fucked. Made accomodation and travel arrangements, does anyone know if AFC normally sell out they're home allocation generally? Will have about four or five of us in the home end if so....!

Now, ain't that just like me?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 14:27:35 »

If that is so then I am fucked. Made accomodation and travel arrangements, does anyone know if AFC normally sell out they're home allocation generally? Will have about four or five of us in the home end if so....!

There's going to be lots in the home end, barely anyone I know has managed to get a ticket.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 14:36:24 »

I didn't even know they had gone on sale until I saw that the official STFC twitter said we had sold 400 by midday so I though I'd better try and get one!

Have no idea why there was such a high demand for them? Should be a great atmosphere though.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 14:37:28 »

At close of play yesterday lad in the ticket office said they had 11 left after my mate managed to scramble the 12th one left at 5.15 so likely they have all gone down...I managed to get down early doors to avoid disappointment but my mate has checked out home end info...they normally sell out, but if get tickets early enough then dont use your swindon postcode as they dont send tickets out to opposing teams area...i suppose if you are one of the London followers that shouldnt be problem.

Hope this helps anyone who didnt get a ticket

Maj x

#VivaKenBarlow!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, October 30, 2011, 16:34:51 »

Tickets look like raffle tickets from village fete

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: