Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new loanee (Christian Montano) from West Ham...goals ahoy!  (Read 11534 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, October 13, 2011, 19:43:03 »

Where else have we followed them then?

Into League Two - although I suppose we didnt follow them here, we kind of met them here.

Like the other loan signing a bit meh.

Our achilles heel is defending set pieces and I cant see how other striker will help that?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, October 13, 2011, 20:23:06 »

He might be half decent, but our squad is becoming ridiculously big  with far too many of the same type of players.  Surely we should try and ship a few who aren't being picked out on loan if anyone wants them?
nochee

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, October 13, 2011, 20:43:49 »

He might be half decent, but our squad is becoming ridiculously big  with far too many of the same type of players.  Surely we should try and ship a few who aren't being picked out on loan if anyone wants them?
I would say that they have tried.....and failed.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, October 13, 2011, 20:51:23 »

I would say that they have tried.....and failed.
That's the worrying thing, especially since we've got to pay their wages for the next 2 years!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, October 13, 2011, 21:21:47 »

Di Canio going for a bit of the old Kevin Keegan magic...we'll beat you by scoring 1 more goal than you score against us...he's realised (atm) we will keep conceding (from set pieces) so he's set out his stall to score 1 more goal than the opposing team!

As long as we win I don't mind  Cheesy ...although my sensible head side thinks the above comment is a load of ballicks and that an experienced CB would have been the preferred loan signing...who knows we still have tomorrow yet and anything happens at STFC!

COYR!

#VivaKenBarlow!
West Ham Fan

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 09:42:20 »

Just wondered how Cristian is doing so far for you Smiley?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 10:15:54 »

I didnt see his first game but saw him play 45 mins saturday and then most of the game Tuesday.

Although its not enough time to judge a player i havent exactly been overley impressed, looks good technically and can do a job but i think we have better options.  I'd be more than happy if he is on the bench Saturday with preference going to 2 from Jervis/Kerrouche/Connell to start.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 10:34:02 »

I've seen him in the last two games and he seems to put in less effort than i'd like. Also, is he actually a striker? That's where he's being played, but he doesn't look like one in the games i've seen.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 11:21:42 »

No better than what we already have. Hopefully sent back shortly.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 11:26:25 »

He's done ok to be honest but not great. Scored on his debut at Accrington and this was undoubtedly his best game out of the 3 he's played. Got taken off at Plymouth at half time in his second then after about an hour in his only home game on tuesday. Both pretty much deserved IMO, hence a few not particularly complimentary comments on here.

His biggest attirubute is that he seems to have very quick feet. Think he needs to work a bit harder, or at least look like he is. Can see why his hero is Asprilla but not looking anything like the same class at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 11:42:40 »

Can't say I've noticed him being lazy. On occasion he's linked up well with our other loan striker Jervis.

The biggest problem though is that he doesn't seem to pose much of a goal threat. Just my opinion like.

In any case I doubt you'd find many that would have him in the starting 11 over Kerouche (he's missed 2 of the 3 games Montano has played in).

That said I'm not trying to be negative because:

1. He's only 19 and will obviously improve.

2. It takes some players more than 3 games to adjust to league football, even in division 4. I remember one of or best loan players ever (Danny Ward) not impressing that much in his first 3 games.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 12:10:34 »

Can't say I've noticed him being lazy. On occasion he's linked up well with our other loan striker Jervis.

The biggest problem though is that he doesn't seem to pose much of a goal threat. Just my opinion like.

In any case I doubt you'd find many that would have him in the starting 11 over Kerouche (he's missed 2 of the 3 games Montano has played in).

That said I'm not trying to be negative because:

1. He's only 19 and will obviously improve.

2. It takes some players more than 3 games to adjust to league football, even in division 4. I remember one of or best loan players ever (Danny Ward) not impressing that much in his first 3 games.
This. And I'd add to all that the fact that at Plymouth our service to the forwards was dire. On Tuesday Montano had a lot of balls pumped up to him which he would sometimes take well... but he just doesn't have the ability to hold up the ball and be a nuisance as Connell and Kerrouche do. If we played more balls into Montano's feet he might look a bit better, but this is League 2.
West Ham Fan

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 13:38:16 »

For our reserves and in a first team friendly he has been moved around, He started as a striker.. Then got stuck on the wing and has also played LB!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, October 27, 2011, 14:57:57 »

Send the bugger back.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 31, 2011, 11:10:10 »

I see the hammers have recalled robbie hall from oxford to cover for injuroes, he was on fire at the scummers

Wouldnt it be oh so funny if he ended up here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: