Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: mattia lanzano  (Read 22792 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 15:08:13 »

Anyone going to suggest Phil Smith would have been crucified if he had made a similar error?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 15:09:29 »

what did he do?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 19:24:37 »

Some of our fans are brain dead. Yes he made a mistake today, but getting on his back was wrong. You could see he was distraught. Don't think he should be dropped.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
phelpsieboy

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 19:40:03 »

Di Canios post match interview suggests he may be dropped, but to be honest that will do much more harm than good. Dropping him would shoot his confidence to bits, and yes I was furious at the mistake he made, but thats foootball and we are in league two, these things happen.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 19:42:19 »

Di Canios post match interview suggests he may be dropped, but to be honest that will do much more harm than good. Dropping him would shoot his confidence to bits, and yes I was furious at the mistake he made, but thats foootball and we are in league two, these things happen.

Happens in the high echelons of top tier football as well. Feel for the chap, he will feel it.

Now, ain't that just like me?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 19:48:18 »

I've thought since the Rotherham game though that it wasn't going to be long before a Lanzano fuck up was going to cost us a goal.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 19:57:01 »

He's just very eccentric in the way he plays, and is very different to your generic league two "insert brute name" goalkeeper, brings a bit of flair about to his goalkeeping and plays more as a sweepers sometimes too rather than a goalkeeper, whether it works in our favour though is a different matter
stfcinbmth

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 19:58:28 »

I've thought since the Rotherham game though that it wasn't going to be long before a Lanzano fuck up was going to cost us a goal.

It's been a few games in coming then OST. Smithy's seemed to be becoming a regular event
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 20:00:02 »

If we had won 5-2 we would be laughing it off,just shows how crucial role a goalkeeper is.

I prefer him to Smith but a few more blunders on this scale will have us all scratching our heads.
Coca Fola

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 20:03:00 »

Smith should come back in. If the shoe was on the other foot Smithy would have been dropped. Hopefully Paolo can get a goalie in on loan.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 20:21:23 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. YOU CAN'T TRUST A KEEPER WEARING SHORT SLEEVES.

It's not right.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 21:00:41 »

Some of our fans are brain dead. Yes he made a mistake today, but getting on his back was wrong. You could see he was distraught. Don't think he should be dropped.
Yes, he did fuck up, but the bigger question was what happened to the team after this cock up?  The team went to pieces.  It is the team's heart that should be questioned.  Instead of collapsing they should be outting in more effort and fighting for the team.

Now dropping Lozano will be a disaster.  We will be back to last season's goalkeeping situation where one week it was Smith and the next week it is Lucas.  We need to decide who the best keeper is and stick by him, unless he is a crock of shit.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 17, 2011, 22:44:14 »

Smith should come back in. If the shoe was on the other foot Smithy would have been dropped. Hopefully Paolo can get a goalie in on loan.
Bollox - Smith has had his day and is bloody lucky to be no 2 at Town. Lanzano is a young lad. I know which one I'd take as keeper now and which one I think will develop. Lanzano may need to curb his eccenticity but at least he's not a fucking jelly quivering on his line.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, September 18, 2011, 06:53:56 »

I dont think goal keepers ever curb their eccentricity.

I've not seen the error and only seen Lanzano play once, definitely worth sticking with for now - chopping and changing goal keeper is never a good idea.

He'll make errors, he's a league two keeper - they all will.

If he continues to make fuck up after fuck up - then you either give Scott a go or look for a new keeper in January.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, September 18, 2011, 09:22:44 »

He's also, what, 20? I missed it as I was still attempting to get food, but as has been pointed out, it happens to every keeper. He will learn from it and move on. Only Me makes a good point, but I would argue that we looked toothless as soon as they scored their first, like the sucker-punch winded us.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: