Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 58306 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 15:45:45 »

I still have kittens every time we are put into a defensive position. I thought Comazzi did well and was so harsh to be sent off.
We played some nice stuff and got better as the game wore on. Can't believe what I'm hearing about Scott, what a total twat.
Raffa did well considering where he was playing. Plenty of running.

Chuffed to bits for Connell - what a beaut.

Had a good feeling about Kerrouche and other than the kick off and the gift that he failed to take he did very little wrong, full of running and has real quality when in possession of the ball.

First time I've seen big Bam Magera, thought he did well and but for a fine save from Logan would've scored a scorcher down into the bottom corner.

Positive and encouraging signs today. Hope we get another CB in - although Cibocchi did well when he came on.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 15:50:12 »

Anyone with a half a brain will understand that Swindon Two won't do anything this season unless we strengthen defensively.

A young loanee doesn't strike me as the answer either. Hopefully the defender that Di Canio has in mind has the the League experience of Andy Frampton but the ability of someone better than Andy Frampton!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 15:54:59 »

I knew Kerrouche clattered their 'keeper quite hard, but I didn't realise it was that hard.

Andy Scott was disappointed after seeing his side slip to a 3-2 defeat against Swindon Town.

The Millers led 1-0 and 2-1, but two goals from Alan Connell ensured Scott's side tasted defeat in League Two for the first time this season.

"We probably deserved a draw," he said after the game.

"At 2-1 up we had a strong shout for a penalty and if we'd scored from that I think we would have won the game.Danny Schofield dived in and got himself sent off, and then we didn't mark at a set piece for their second goal, and from there we were on the back foot.We didn't play well and made a lot of poor decisions defensively to put ourselves under pressure.

"But we showed our quality going forward and scored two goals away from home," he added.

In a game that saw two players sent off, Conrad Logan took a nasty blow to the face and looks likely to require extensive dental treatment after a collision in the opening exchanges, and Scott explained the extent of the injury:

"Conrad has ended up with a broken nose and half of his teeth missing.His nose will have to be set and he'll need some dental work.He must have 10 teeth that aren't in the right place, and for him to stay on was magnificent.He was still bleeding heavily from his nose after the game and his teeth were in a bad state."

http://www.themillers.co.uk/page/ManagersView/0,,10360~2440378,00.html
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 15:56:42 »

I knew Kerrouche clattered their 'keeper quite hard, but I didn't realise it was that hard.

I swear the 'keeper collided with his own player.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 15:56:49 »

I don't think it was Kerrouche, pretty sure it was one of his own players.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 15:56:55 »

We'll probably learn that he really just chipped a tooth.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 15:57:40 »

Good result and massive credit to Connell for his reaction to being subbed off midweek.

A great deal of work needed at the back, Comazzi is no better than Devera and was a fool for picking up that second yellow - however harsh - as he's a senior pro and should have known that their player was going absolutely nowhere. A totally needless challenge. Kennedy is still the weak link for me, would not be surprised to see Cibocchi come in next weekend. Lanzano had a quiet game, didn't stand a chance with either goal due to the piss poor marking. Caddis was steady.

De Vita is not a winger and felt Gabilondo would have been a better option although Rafa did okay in spells. The first time I've really seen McCormack and thought he was poor, gave away posession too frequently and didn't win nearly enough for my liking but still preferable to Smith. Ferry was unfortunate to be substituted but Abdulla acquitted himself well for a young player making his pro debut - he looked very confident.

I was very disappointed with Magera and felt he looked as lazy as Clarke and not much stronger in the air either. I'm sure he'll come good after some match practice but we spent far too much time hoofing the ball up to him today and seeing it come straight back at us. Kerrouche struggled with the physical side of the game today but I doubt we'll play many teams as physical as Rotherham were today, nevertheless he put in a good shift and played fairly well.

Flint and Ritchie both had excellent games. No need to say anything about Connell.

I thought it spoke volumes after midweek that Ritchie et al ran half the pitch to celebrate with Di Canio.

One final thought - could someone tell Paolo that all of our headed goals this season have come from players who aren't big tall forwards?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:03:19 »

I don't think it was Kerrouche, pretty sure it was one of his own players.

Yep, Kerrouche was running towards him but the centre back between them hit Logan (accidentally, obviously) as far as I could see.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:05:53 »

Yep, Kerrouche was running towards him but the centre back between them hit Logan (accidentally, obviously) as far as I could see.

Yeah and then quick thinking by Ritchie nearly created a chance.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:07:56 »

Andy Scott was disappointed after seeing his side slip to a 3-2 defeat against Swindon Town.

The Millers led 1-0 and 2-1, but two goals from Alan Connell ensured Scott's side tasted defeat in League Two for the first time this season.

"We probably deserved a draw," he said after the game.

Someone needs to give Scott a drug test !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Eric Sabins Barn Door

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:12:57 »

having watched andy scott on sky just cements that he is a cunt, "the players are learning from pdc well, even that scottish right back going down like he'd been shot"
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:16:24 »

having watched andy scott on sky just cements that he is a cunt, "the players are learning from pdc well, even that scottish right back going down like he'd been shot"

ha ha, it made me laugh

/
W56196272
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:24:05 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rotherham_utd/9579917.stm

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:30:48 »

Bitter cunt
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 16:31:19 »

The BBC Radio Sheffield reporter, like everyone else, was more interested in asking questions about Di Canio/Swindon.

The interview is essentially:-

"We were poor but Swindon did this and Swindon did that but as I said we were poor but Swindon this/Swindon that"

It is quite funny.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: