Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Rotherham matchday thread.  (Read 58381 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:24:17 »

As victories go, that one feels so good.  Fantastic team performance and some great individual performances as well.  Connell's gives me the most satisfaction.  In the week when we've had to wave goodbye to Clarke and his bad attitude, the manager now has a selection headache to contend with up front.  Perfect response.  Ritchie's and Connell's comments at the end were spot on.  There's proper team spirit there, no doubt about it.

Just desserts.  Relief.

Sums up my feelings exactly.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:33:38 »

Excellent win and no more than deserved over that game and last few. Spirit showing through now - PDC has almost got them to the point of walking through brick walls for him.

Shame about red - can't appeal two yellows. Bad ref.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:33:51 »

What a relief thats over.....big game for us today and they responded really well. The new players looked good, so remainder of the season will surely provide more games like this rather than the Oxford game....just so pleased we won.

Bathtime
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:35:23 »

We deserved it and played some really good stuff going forward. They should have had a penalty at 2-1 but who cares!

Luckily Ritchie's miss didn't cost us.

It's over, we've ended the run and we've beaten a team after going behind twice! Onwards and upwards....
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:38:39 »

Allaaaan !!! Well played town!!! COYR's Beers
corner

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:42:33 »

impressed with kerroche (should have scored) and abdulla. great team performance keep it up, we will win the league!!
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:43:11 »

Smiley Cheesy Grin Beers Clap Pint Banana Woot Jumping Spot On Smiile Maker COYR
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:44:08 »

My thoughts.

Well earned 3 points against a physical and decent league 2 side. I'll start with the negatives -

Our left side needs work. I thought Kennedy wasn't very good and with De Vita in front of him is not a left winger.

Defensively we need a lot of work. Rotherham's crossing was always causing problems. Revell had a free header for the first and Magera should probably have done better with the second.

The keeper? Not sure, his kicking was good although he had not a lot to do although he did do a superman in the first half and missed the ball by miles.

Ferry and McCormack. Neither impressed me today, perhaps an off day against a physical side but I don't think either did themselves any favours.

Why was there no wingers on the bench?

Now the positives -

Flint. A rock at the back and wins everything in the air. Quite a find, cheers DW!! Needs working on his distribution as he played a few ropey passes but is going to command in this league.

Our right hand side. I thought both Caddis and Ritchie were excellent and they are a massive danger the way they work together. I thought Ritchie was quality and but for missing an open goal would probably have got man of the match.

Abdulla. He didn't really stand out but personally I thought he was better than both Ferry and Mccormack and looks like he'll be useful.

Kerrouche. an absolute enigma, this lad is going to excite and frustrate this season. His work rate was brilliant and he never gave anything up. He was getting some rough treatment from the Rotherham players and kept his cool. Should have scored at the end when the keeper gave him the ball! His corners were brilliant and caused havoc.

Magera - showed some neat touches and a wonderful shot which the keeper touched onto the post. When he gets fully fit, this lad is going to be useful I reckon

Connell - Showed that he didn't let being taken off on Tuesday and not starting affect him. Did his job brilliantly today with 2 smashing headers. I think he is going to become a fans favourite.

So, in short if we sort out defending crosses I think we are going to be there or there abouts at the end of the season. I think Rotherham will do well this season as well, Revell is going to do well in this division.

I'm going next week to the Southend match so looking forward to it now!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:45:24 »

Great result, great team effort. Ritchie superb, Flint at fault for 2nd goal in my opinion. Who were you marking- cannot give revell that much space. Why put a striker on him? Apart from that we did really well.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:47:35 »

Big win. Defensive issues still there but we are clicking at the front.

A little worried about Southend though as we look made for a Sturrock side, questionable on crosses and not great down the wings defensively.

Onwards and upwards from here, I hope.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:50:56 »

Ritchie for captain. He talk the talk and walk the walk!
Not when he's blowing out of ass like he was for the last fifteen today, did well though.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:52:37 »

great result and if we can start defending set pieces we can make the top three. Why was there no wingers on the bench?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 13:54:51 »

Enjoyable game and a good advert for lower tier footy.  The ref was an absolute twat though, and you knew he would be when he ordered the kick-off to be taken because a Rotherham player has strayed over, 20 yards away!  With both sets of supporters upset with the ref it was easy to see why.  Town End at their best, baiting Revell . . . and he had the last laugh, well almost.  Good to see him playing with a smile on his face.
North West

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:01:56 »

It was good to see Town taking some of their chances. Pleased also they stood up well against a physical side. All looks good bring on Southend
Bideford_Robin

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 14:03:05 »

Just back from the pub, overjoyed, and made myself a new Swindon supporting mate. We do get about!!

GET IN THERE!!!  Clap Clap Cheesy Yes
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: