Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sat on the scales  (Read 6582 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:08:00 »

Far too premature to write him off.  He was very disappointing on Saturday but given the standard that he has played at and his stature, I'm optimistic that with increased fitness and becoming familiar with the team he will be a great signing for us.

And here lies part of the problem.  Too many players being brought in who were not match fit and not familiar/equipped to play  English lower league football. Potentially it could take a couple of months for that to change.  By then the gap could be too big between top and bottom for us to realistically mount any sort of challenge other than to avoid relegation again.
dannywilliamsisgod

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:10:51 »

And here lies part of the problem.  Too many players being brought in who were not match fit and not familiar/equipped to play  English lower league football. Potentially it could take a couple of months for that to change.  By then the gap could be too big between top and bottom for us to realistically mount any sort of challenge other than to avoid relegation again.
This.
Coca Fola

« Reply #17 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:49:10 »

Foreign players need time to adjust to this league. Di Canio is still learning too. It's too early to be worried, I'm still feeling confident that we can go up. If we're not in the top half by christmas then I'll be worried.
Muffin Man

« Reply #18 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 14:54:52 »

I still think we can turn this around and make it a promotion season, lots of teams in the past have been struggling at Xmas and then gone on a run that has taken them up the table to playoffs and beyond.

Its an old cliche but it does take time for a new side to gel and when these players are not from this country then surely that may well take a little while longer to get them to become a team and not a team of individuals.

As long as we arent being demolished by teams 3 or 4 nil them I think we arent far from getting that formula right.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:41:05 »

The expectation about"exciting new players"is the most worrying factor to me.I haven't seen Magera in action but Im completely underwhelmed by the others so far,especially Risser.I appreciate the passion of Di Canio but worry about the management bit.

How many times have you seen him...twice?

If you can judge a player after two matches i take my hat off to you, Risser is a good player.....i believe i am a better judge than you Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:46:08 »

Its an old cliche but it does take time for a new side to gel and when these players are not from this country then surely that may well take a little while longer to get them to become a team and not a team of individuals.

We started with one foreigner on Sat....De Vita has been around in Britain for a while, so doesn't quite count.

di Canio's proper foreign imports, either not looking up to it or not visible at all.
Muffin Man

« Reply #21 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 15:56:33 »

We started with one foreigner on Sat....De Vita has been around in Britain for a while, so doesn't quite count.

di Canio's proper foreign imports, either not looking up to it or not visible at all.

Lander Gabilondo started as well, so it was 2 actually. But the team do need time to gel and become a team that want to play with and for each other, they are still pretty much strangers on the football pitch no matter what level or league or country they arrived at our club from, not that many new players can fit well into a team after a transfer and 5 of those that started and 6 that finished the game were/are new to this club.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 20:34:32 »

How many times have you seen him...twice?

If you can judge a player after two matches i take my hat off to you, Risser is a good player.....i believe i am a better judge than you Cheesy

Im a manager,obviously at a lower level but County League none the less and I can judge a player after 45 minutes.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Coca Fola

« Reply #23 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 20:47:44 »

Im a manager,obviously at a lower level but County League none the less and I can judge a player after 45 minutes.
Who do you manahe?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 20:59:16 »

Bromley Green in the Kent County League mate.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:01:06 »

I work in Bromley. True story

« Reply #26 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:02:12 »

Nice. Need an assistant manager?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:22:28 »

I'd say that is far too hasty on your part. Of course some players will be out of their depth very quickly,but others may not catch the eye straight away.
Dozno9

« Reply #28 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:40:41 »

Your judgement may not be correct though? Everyone can judge a player whether they're a manager or not they could be miles off.

I don't rate Risser BTW from what I've seen (I hope I'm wrong TBH) but it's a bit black and white to strike a player off after 45 mins. is it not?
« Last Edit: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:53:53 by Dozno9 » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, August 29, 2011, 21:50:39 »

Good shout and good luck with Bromley but seeing as Paolo played to a high level and indeed would have had reports from others on Risser i will stick with his judgement just for now thanks....you watching him a couple of times and telling me he is pants wont wash at present,and in fact the game v Crewe he played fairly well in my opinion.
Of course you may prove to be right in time and i could be eating pie again Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: