Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Realistic ambitions  (Read 5997 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:28:16 »

In 06-07, especially after the flying start, think most people expected us to go up....but this season is different, we're starting from a difficult position with a novice manager. Only the loons and  Clap would expect a top 3 place

You'll have to put me down as a loon then Reg  Cool
Coca Fola

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:31:47 »

I'm a loon too then. As are 95% of people on this forum.  Doh
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:31:59 »

Not worried at all. Still very early days. Remember when Hartlepool came up with us in 06/07 they were 13th around December then come the last game they kicked off in 1st place. When we made the play-off final a few seasons back we didn't click until November. You don't have to get off to a great start to get promoted. Yesterday showed we have potential as a team. We just need sharper and fitter strikers and to learn how to defend set plays. Once we have that along with a settled side we're away.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:32:07 »

You'll have to put me down as a loon then Reg  Cool

There is of course a difference between hoping for and expecting....I had you down as more of a  Clap
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:34:34 »

There is of course a difference between hoping for and expecting....I had you down as more of a  Clap

Well I suppose 'hope' would be more like it than 'expect'. Hope of the realistic kind as opposed to the pie in the sky kind though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:36:54 »

Our ambitions should be to win this league, nothing else is good enough.

Of course last January our ambition should have been to stay up but we did fuck all about it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #36 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:38:23 »

I still haven't got a clue how we'll do this season. I'm happier now we've got two physical strikers but Phil Smith still gives me kittens and we need an organiser at the back - We need a Greer or Vincent - hopefully Comazzi is that man. With McCormakc fit we'll be alright in midfield. I think J Smith will end up the season a decent player. I'd be happier with Manky at RB but he's dissapeared. I think we've got enough options in the team.
Flint looks better than I thought and will end up being the new Shaun Taylor.
I think there is a lot of promise but whether it comes together is another matter. We need to wise up at the back - just like last season.
I didn't think much of the Scum. They created little and they didn't win the game  - we lost it by being fuckwits. Play offs at best for them.    
I hope Crawley go into self destruct. I expect Rotherham to be up there. Wouldn't be surprised if Sturrock was up there as well. Accrington could well be in the PO again.  
Spencer_White

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 19:49:21 »

In 06-07, especially after the flying start, think most people expected us to go up....but this season is different, we're starting from a difficult position with a novice manager. Only the loons and  Clap would expect a top 3 place

Honestly think that the people who expect us to go up most are the board.

They set ticket prices assuming we would have some sort of champagne season.

I still think we can do it (not much point going week in week out otherwise).
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 20:19:25 »

Our ambitions should be to win this league, nothing else is good enough.

Of course last January our ambition should have been to stay up but we did fuck all about it.

Getting back to league 1 will be good enough. Who gives a fuck if we win or not to do it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 20:24:03 »

I don't care if we win the league, finish in the top 3, win the play-offs or get promoted because every other team that finished above us went bankrupt. So long as we get the fuck out of this fucking league.
Dozno9

« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 20:38:19 »

I don't care if we win the league, finish in the top 3, win the play-offs or get promoted because every other team that finished above us went bankrupt. So long as we get the fuck out of this fucking league.

This
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 20:58:52 »

I certainly don't mind other fans of other clubs coming on here now and again for a bit of healthy (not idiotic) banter/pre match build up.

Sadly, far too many mongs have been let in recently - not sure who's responsible for that but it upsets the whole dynamic.  Posters like Oxford Fan are good value but some of the new posters have sadly only managed to illustrate the fact that it definitely is still the school holidays.

Yeah, the admin have got to shoulder the blame for not being fucking psychic.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 21:35:26 »

I forsee a Colin Todd type season.

and Sies right,how can we tell if someones a mong before they mongalise?

/
W56196272
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 11:17:15 »

I would say with a name like keemo it was quite fucking obvious Cheesy
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2011, 11:40:11 »

I reckon Reg is secretly an Oxf*rd fan who's been in hiding waiting for this season to be a wind-up merchant...   Cheesy

We'll come good, but whether or not we click into gear in time to make the top three remains to be seen.  Crawley are off to a flier and with their resources you have to say they'll be there or thereabouts.

On paper, we've a great squad for this league, albeit bulked out by some relative unknowns.  Early signs are good, and I'd be alarmed if we finished outside the playoffs.  Too many League One teams have dropped into this league before silently slipping out the league altogether.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: