Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oxford United FC - Official Matchday Thread - edited...  (Read 48412 times)
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:29:52 »

I am going to defend Phil Smith - the wall set for their free kick had 3 players in it - leaving a huge hole that was just too inviting, sitting in Arkells you could see the goal coming from that free kick, goal keeper had no chance. Devera needs to sit out for a few games, he not up to the pace of the game. DiCanio got to sort out the defence otherwise we will get taken apart by better teams than Oxford. Ferry was ok but we need someone who can feed the strikers with better balls than he`s providing at the moment. Clarke was knackered well before the end. Gabrilonda looked skillful but I thought that of Easyjet at Cheltenham, today he was not really involved enough. Second half the atmosphere died including the Oxford lot. I would hope we would make more noise if winning at theirs.
Another striker on his way, never thought I would say that enough strikers thanks....no problem with all these foreigners, who cares if they are good enough, wish there was more knowledge on the bench of how to play in this league. Unfortunately pretty football not going to get us out of this league, if Oxford and Cheltenham are anything to go by.....

Are we too good to go down...?

Bathtime
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:30:37 »

Ferry mom ran around alot,too weak and did fuck all with the ball except pass it backwards or sideways.
we need better than that i'm afraid.

there's a lot to be said for keeping possession...
Doore

« Reply #362 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:31:07 »

Are we too good to go down...?

3 defeats in 4 answers the question.  No team who doesn't win matches is too good to go down.  It is very early on though so no need to panic.  
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #363 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:33:08 »

We were by miles the better team today. Of course it doesn't count when you don't grab points but we won't be going down on today's performance.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #364 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:37:58 »

Anyone who says they dont want a czech international striker is mad.Yes we need to sort out defence but we are not taking our chances which is just as crucial imo
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #365 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:40:23 »

It will be cunts like Bart who have moaned why aren't we getting the strikers in? who change to where are the decent centre backs when we get strikers in.

Sick of it, I know we haven't been great this season but these dicks need to be put in their place.
Doore

« Reply #366 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:46:21 »

It will be cunts like Bart who have moaned why aren't we getting the strikers in? who change to where are the decent centre backs when we get strikers in.

Sick of it, I know we haven't been great this season but these dicks need to be put in their place.

Agreed - it also seems that he may be part of the "there are great players out there available for free who's lifelong dream is to play for Swindon in league 2" clan.  The truth is that good players tend to attract clubs in higher divisions.  Putting together a team to be successful in our division is a mixture of tactics, systems, hard work and luck.  Brilliant players rarely come in to it.

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:52:02 »

there's a lot to be said for keeping possession...

helps if you can win the ball first

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:53:24 »

We aint anywhere near a promotion side at the moment. 3 points from 4 matches is poor
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:55:54 »

Hear hear Si.

My take on today has been echoed in the previous pages - by far the better team for long periods, Devera had a 'mare in terms of marking from set pieces and De Vita doesn't offer enough up top.

Connell again looked good when he came on, sure he'll get a start before the end of the season. Gabilondo and Clarke also showed promise, there is quality in the squad.

Ferry seems to give us much better link play as well, his passing is better than our other CMs imo.

Would like to see the team that finished today start at Shrewsbury, with Comazzi in for Devera and McCormack for Smith.
Coca Fola

« Reply #370 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 18:06:59 »

Hear hear Si.

My take on today has been echoed in the previous pages - by far the better team for long periods, Devera had a 'mare in terms of marking from set pieces and De Vita doesn't offer enough up top.

Connell again looked good when he came on, sure he'll get a start before the end of the season. Gabilondo and Clarke also showed promise, there is quality in the squad.

Ferry seems to give us much better link play as well, his passing is better than our other CMs imo.

Would like to see the team that finished today start at Shrewsbury, with Comazzi in for Devera and McCormack for Smith.
This
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 18:10:49 »

Anyone else see the Oxford fan get a shoeing in the Arkells after they scored their first? Made me smile.

Yes, the guy was a few rows behind ne, and he deserved everything he got as he was bigging himself up. He got gobbed on plenty of times as he was taken away.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 18:12:32 »

Hear hear Si.

If Comazzi isn't fit I'd rather try Risser at CB. Anything but Devera!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 18:13:28 »

If you wanna stay alive

Stay out the Arkells
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 18:13:49 »

Yes, the guy was a few rows behind ne, and he deserved everything he got as he was bigging himself up. He got gobbed on plenty of times as he was taken away.

this makes me happy
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: