Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oxford United FC - Official Matchday Thread - edited...  (Read 48400 times)
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:04:02 »

Funny you should say that as most Oxford fans I spoke with thought our right back was rubbish today, just shows you how you can have two differing opinions. There was a lot of mouthy Oxford fans, not my cup of tea. That Swindon fan was in a shirt, meaning he was a proper fan, he is gonna get a big ban.

He'll get a life ban I would think.. And apparently the statutory fine for running onto the pitch is £3,000 so I hope he's got an ISA..
ArchieK

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:05:36 »

Just got back. Excellent day and result, thought you were probably the better side but I suppose tthat makes the victory all the more sweeter. As someone said the mind games with Constable during the week from Di Canio obviously backfired as Beano looked up for the challenge and scored 2, after the game he said he's staying for as long as we want him so all is good.
Can't wait for the return fixture in march now.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:06:17 »

He'll get a life ban I would think.. And apparently the statutory fine for running onto the pitch is £3,000 so I hope he's got an ISA..

To be fair, I can imagine that he'll be given legal advice that the police walking him in front of the Oxford fans to get pelted with coins and more when there was a perfectly usable alternative direction might get him a few quid with claims direct.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:08:18 »

Gutted to lose but the performance wasnt that bad. Devera and De Vita arent good enough though sadly. I dont know why Connell doesnt start. Clarke andKerrouche also looked decent as did the spanish dude when he came on. Sort out the set piece defending, drop De Vita ane Devera, get Clarke and Connell match fit and we are good to go. Patience ia crucial here. Its gutting but 4 games in there is no point in over reacting. Their 2nd was very fortunste as well.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:11:16 »

Funny you should say that as most Oxford fans I spoke with thought our right back was rubbish today, just shows you how you can have two differing opinions. There was a lot of mouthy Oxford fans, not my cup of tea. That Swindon fan was in a shirt, meaning he was a proper fan, he is gonna get a big ban.

I can only think you're taking the piss?

"That Swindon fan was in a shirt, meaning he was a proper fan, he is gonna get a big ban."

So anyone who doesn't wear a shirt isn't a proper fan Huh?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:12:00 »

I can only think you're taking the piss?

"That Swindon fan was in a shirt, meaning he was a proper fan, he is gonna get a big ban."

So anyone who doesn't wear a shirt isn't a proper fan Huh?

No, but I presume what he meant was that he wasn't a day trip wannabe hooligan, and probably comes regularly enough for a banning order to inconvenience him.

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:12:14 »

First look at us this season for me today and i aint impressed. The biggest problem is the midfield. Richie apart they were fucking terrible. add that clown at centre back and the keeper who was glued to his line. all piss poor.
Have slated Callum Kennedy in the past but he showed he is worth the start. Himand caddis are fine in the full back slots. liked Clarke's workrate but poor finish infront of the townend.
Enjoyed the pre match goings on outside,and the atmosphere in the first half.
The team needs vast improvement to have any chance of promotion imo.
BLT

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:13:22 »

No, but I presume what he meant was that he wasn't a day trip wannabe hooligan, and probably comes regularly enough for a banning order to inconvenience him.

Exactly what I meant and was not taking the piss.

mmm
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:13:58 »

Agree with IOB, I think Connell deserves a start, Kerroche looked good when he was on. De Vita hasn't done anything of note yet. Ferry and Caddis looked good today, as did Clarke in difficult circumstances. Don't think we deserved to lose, only changes i would make for Wednesday would be Comazzi if he is fit in for Devera and Connell in for De Vita.
Keroooosh

« Reply #354 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:21:47 »

Clarke, Connell and Keroooosh all impressed me tbh and any 2 of them starting is a must, De Vita is not good enough atm unfortunately.
The second goal was such poor defending by Devera, basic defending states you get GOAL SIDE of the player and yet he just let Constable go, very poor.
Thought the fans today were brilliant stuck behind the lads to the end and hoping for a change of luck against city on wednesday!

YOU REDS
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:22:48 »

Obviously the only thing that mattered today was the result and that is big shitter but that was by far the best performance of the 3 i have seen this season.  I am a lot more optimistic about this season than i was before the game.  Yes we have a couple of glaring weaknesses but we are a league 2 team, it’s to be somewhat expected.

Clarke looks like he will be a beast in this league once full match fitness comes.  Ferry didn’t put a foot wrong, not spectacular we did what was asked of him.  Definite concerns about the defensive side of Kennedy, gets caught out of position way too often.

Pox came and did a job, a big physical side, there is something to be said about building a side like that for this league.

Paolo made a right tit of himself today, hope he learns from it.
Doore

« Reply #356 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:23:45 »

Just got back - my first look this season and it wasn't awful, but it wasn't good.  De Vita looked anonymous.  The midfield were not strong enough when needed.  Devera didn't seem to understand defending.  Full backs were fine - a small plus I suppose.  Clarke looked like he might have a bit about him - I really hope he comes good.  No-one stood out as looking good though, which is ominous.

Also - losing to them hurts - a lot.  It hurt nine years ago at the Kassam, and it hurts twice as much now.  I'm going to the fridge for something to alter my state of mind.
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:24:26 »

Someone's been stabbed at the bus station. Don't know if it's related to the footie but it's a bit convenient.
Has this been confirmed?  I hope it's bollocks.

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:25:11 »

Ferry mom ran around alot,too weak and did fuck all with the ball except pass it backwards or sideways.
we need better than that i'm afraid.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 17:28:51 »

Has this been confirmed?  I hope it's bollocks.

Sister's boyfriend's a driver for Stagecoach. They've got the tape up, investigators are down and they're looking at the CCTV.

As I say though still no idea if it's related to the footie. Could have been two random drunks who often find their way to the bus station.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: