Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford allocated the 23rd place....  (Read 32250 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 09:52:07 »

ships wheel isnt it

That's the one...
Muffin Man

« Reply #136 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 09:54:21 »

I agree Alessandro, if it came down to losing to your lot twice and getting promotion I would take that (not easily but I would take it) compaired to beating you twice and losing out on promotion, no contest really.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:02:35 »

Make no bones about it, we would absolutely love to beat you lot.  It means alot to us.

You can't say things like that on here, have you not been reading your fellow supporter, Bananaman's posts? Poxford, Swindon - it's all one big love-in (apparently).

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:02:48 »

Two wrongs don't make a right. I've never talked about "taking" anything. That's for dullards and fools.

Anyone is entitled to defend themselves, but proactively talking about Swindon "lads" attacking Oxford fans should be unacceptable. If it isn't, there's something radically wrong with you.

I guess to be called a "knob" by a cretin like you is something I should appreciate. It shows we don't think the same way - thank goodness.

You talk so differently about the past on your own forum, Surrey.

It's very, very amusing.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:15:39 »

You can't say things like that on here, have you not been reading your fellow supporter, Bananaman's posts? Poxford, Swindon - it's all one big love-in (apparently).

My rational side knows its all a lot of nonsense to hate people I dont know based on them choosing a team down the road. Ultimately there's probably a part of me that knows i prefer your choice to the nonsense of a Wiltshire pleb supporting Man U. I also understand you're probably human beings.

But when it comes to the matchday (not involving Swindon) I happily sing about hating you and cheer your defeats. And I know on the 21st I'll be overdosing on adrenalin and well up for seeing us turn you over for the 3 points. I'll look into the home ends and be a. hating you all and seeing you as sub-human b. Looking for the little pockets of mates I know are sheepishly hiding in there.

I know it will ruin my week if we lose and it will take me that long to realise the season is 46 games long. I know if we win i'll be bouncing for a week.

bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:18:16 »

Make no bones about it, we would absolutely love to beat you lot.  It means alot to us. We're Oxford, not Man United, and we don't get the glories or PRemier LEague titles and European excursions. As such everything becomes relative and beating you lot is something we can cherish, and the atmosphere is always electric.

But if i set up a  poll on the yellows forum, Promotion or beating you lot......promotion would win with ease. That goes without saying. Don't take a few words from some tribalistic enclaves out of context. I imagine the resylts would reflect the same proportions as a similar poll may see on this site.
Sorry i still do not understand why beating Swindon is the highlight of the last decade
You have to remember that STFC has a long History within the Football league our natural rival's have been the Gas and the other team south of the river Avon that also call themselves the Robins
Whilst i would like us to win it is more important to gain promotion rather than beat Headington United
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:21:05 »

My rational side knows its all a lot of nonsense to hate people I dont know based on them choosing a team down the road. Ultimately there's probably a part of me that knows i prefer your choice to the nonsense of a Wiltshire pleb supporting Man U. I also understand you're probably human beings.

But when it comes to the matchday (not involving Swindon) I happily sing about hating you and cheer your defeats. And I know on the 21st I'll be overdosing on adrenalin and well up for seeing us turn you over for the 3 points. I'll look into the home ends and be a. hating you all and seeing you as sub-human b. Looking for the little pockets of mates I know are sheepishly hiding in there.

I know it will ruin my week if we lose and it will take me that long to realise the season is 46 games long. I know if we win i'll be bouncing for a week.
Do you friends have little pockets or are you refering to we are going to take the Townend (yawn)

Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:24:02 »

Sorry i still do not understand why beating Swindon is the highlight of the last decade
You have to remember that STFC has a long History within the Football league our natural rival's have been the Gas and the other team south of the river Avon that also call themselves the Robins
Whilst i would like us to win it is more important to gain promotion rather than beat Headington United

Did you even bother to read the post or are you deliberately being stupid?
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:26:41 »

Did you even bother to read the post or are you deliberately being stupid?
I am sorry i do not read your post,
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:26:59 »

I'm referring to friends of mine who aren't season ticket holders and couldn't get a ticket through our allocation, so have had to purchase tickets in the Arkells but will be bricking it about being sussed and staying very quiet.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 10:31:15 »

I'm referring to friends of mine who aren't season ticket holders and couldn't get a ticket through our allocation, so have had to purchase tickets in the Arkells but will be bricking it about being sussed and staying very quiet.
They will be fine in the Arkells stand as long as they are not near the police line
Dave

« Reply #146 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:05:49 »

You talk so differently about the past on your own forum, Surrey.

It's very, very amusing.

No, I believe I'm fairly consistent in my thinking. Hating small children who wear Swindon scarves is not awfully clever.

Or do you mean factual references to past "incidents", that I don't necessarily condone or get any pleasure from?

Feel free to give some examples though, and make sure they're by me, not "surrey" with a small "s" who posted for a while in an attempt to confuse things.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:08:28 »

No, I believe I'm fairly consistent in my thinking. Hating small children who wear Swindon scarves is not awfully clever.

Or do you mean factual references to past "incidents", that I don't necessarily condone or get any pleasure from?

Feel free to give some examples though, and make sure they're by me, not "surrey" with a small "s" who posted for a while in an attempt to confuse things.

Ah yes, the irony of him calling himself John Lennon is not lost on me...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Alessandro
Scummer

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 12:14:19 »

Ah yes, the irony of him calling himself John Lennon is not lost on me...

Maybe he thinks you're hiding Yoko n that Honda factory of yours. In which case his anger would be very understandable.

In Oxford, it is cosidered a social faux pas to hide people's wives in car factories.
Dave

« Reply #149 on: Monday, August 8, 2011, 16:08:00 »

B3nny (and others who read or post on Yellows Forum) - aren't you just a little embarrassed by the antics of "bigkev"?

His MO is to post "forever in our shadow" at every opportunity, and he's just started a thread entitled "League Two Champions Elect" with a picture of your squad.

What we need from Swindon fans is intelligent debate, witty banter, or simply anything vaguely interesting. bigkev is dull and childish. What do you reckon?

(His latest gem is "Who's Chris Wilder?")
« Last Edit: Monday, August 8, 2011, 16:16:08 by Eric » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: