Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford allocated the 23rd place....  (Read 32228 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 10:27:59 »

The Merlin's ok for a pre match drink. I wouldn't make it my local if I lived in Swindon, but it's easy to park there and just a short walk to the ground. Plus it doesn't usually get that busy (Unless we're playing teams with large away support) which means you can usually get a drink pretty quickly.

Why people get snobby about where you drink pre match puzzles me, the purpose is to get a drink, be able to get a seat and talk to mates and be not too far away from The CG. Or am I missing something?

It's All Good..............
Dave

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 10:31:13 »

What do you expect? A little birdy told me they lost yesterday and are 23rd. No wonder they wish to talk about anything other then football.

Just checked - you're right. We're 23rd. And I notice you're top. Jesus, this season's already a write-off!

Mind you, I couldn't help noticing there are 45 (forty five) more games to go, so anyone trying to make capital from one Saturday's results must need their bumps feeling.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 10:32:08 »

Just checked - you're right. We're 23rd. And I notice you're top. Jesus, this season's already a write-off!

Mind you, I couldn't help noticing there are 45 (forty five) more games to go, so anyone trying to make capital from one Saturday's results must need their bumps feeling.

If the results had been reversed I'm sure the yellow hoards wouldn't say a thing, would they?

Dave

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 10:35:32 »

If the results had been reversed I'm sure the yellow hoards wouldn't say a thing, would they?

Of course they would, plus Di Canio would be virtually out of the door and Wiltshire in the path of a hurricane.

But the smarter, more rational Swindon fans would have pointed out it's one round of games out of 46.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 10:37:42 »

Of course they would, plus Di Canio would be virtually out of the door and Wiltshire in the path of a hurricane.

But the smarter, more rational Swindon fans would have pointed out it's one round of games out of 46.

Rational and football are rarely mentioned in the same sentence. When it comes to rivalry, rational and football in the same sentence is rarer than rocking horse shit.

Dave

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 10:40:15 »

Rational and football are rarely mentioned in the same sentence. When it comes to rivalry, rational and football in the same sentence is rarer than rocking horse shit.

I'm rational. Possibly boringly so. For example, I don't "hate Swindon" as town, or even supporters of the football club. I don't make lame comments about single results of either club, but I do point out the intellectual shortcomings of those who do, from either side.

Yes, I am a saint.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:00:26 »

It's called taking the piss Bananaman; you lost, we won, we're top, you're 2nd from bottom. At least we waited until a ball has been kicked rather than 'gloat' over league positions based sorely on the alphabet

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:08:28 »

Credit where it's due Eric, everyone else appears to have disappeared this weekend. I was expecting some peace and quiet and yet here you are Smiley
Dave

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:09:11 »

It's called taking the piss Bananaman; you lost, we won, we're top, you're 2nd from bottom. At least we waited until a ball has been kicked rather than 'gloat' over league positions based sorely on the alphabet

It's called taking the piss in the mode of a class of 12 year old schoolboys. "We won, you lost, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah."

Plenty of our fans would have done the same, and that would have been equally embarrassing.

So you carry on. Whatever floats your boat.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:09:40 »

Why do I hear banjo music when I read your posts, you thick wannabee hooligan scum?
Twat, the police allocating the Merlin to Oxford could prove a logistical nightmare getting them to the CG, have to go right round the ground from the Magic, sure there will be a few "lads" waiting for them - I won't be one of them, a prior engagement on the Sunday is taking me to Gateshead, fucking police changing the fixture, I was ok for the saturday but driving up on saturday evening.
Dave

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:10:17 »

Credit where it's due Eric, everyone else appears to have disappeared this weekend. I was expecting some peace and quiet and yet here you are Smiley

Yes you're right. I am being a little sad. Wife's out shopping with mother-in-law, West Ham v Cardiff not starting until 1.00 pm ....
Dave

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:11:27 »

Twat, the police allocating the Merlin to Oxford could prove a logistical nightmare getting them to the CG, have to go right round the ground from the Magic, sure there will be a few "lads" waiting for them - I won't be one of them, a prior engagement on the Sunday is taking me to Gateshead, fucking police changing the fixture, I was ok for the saturday but driving up on saturday evening.

"Twat". But you would have been there giving it the biggun from behind police lines? Oh the irony!  Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:51:46 »

Giving the scum the nearest pub apart from the County Groung Hotel to the ground seems and odd decision. The landlord is of course thinking about his takings(i hope they trash the place) but why are the police allowing them to get on the piss pre match? What was the point of an early kick off?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:53:43 »

You seem to be spending a lot of time on here for someone who doesn't like us very much, Eric.
Dave

« Reply #44 on: Sunday, August 7, 2011, 11:59:22 »

You seem to be spending a lot of time on here for someone who doesn't like us very much, Eric.

I've made it abundantly clear that I don't dislike anyone for simply being a Swindon fan.

I wouldn't say I disliked anyone I hadn't met - that would be daft - but some of the more cretinous comments on here will get the response they deserve.  Pint
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: