Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2014 Qualifiers Draw  (Read 1654 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 20:20:47 »

England will face Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, and San Marino in Group H.

Piece of piss then. Lets start the "we'll win it" hype now.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 20:45:35 »

For me it was quite a dull draw for England. Montenegro and Ukraine have been recent opposition in qualifying. Playing Poland also seems recent but it's been 6 years since we played them.

I recall Glenn Hoddle giving David Beckham his first cap against Moldova while it's the first time we've played San Marino since the night of that goal.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 21:25:25 »

Boring draw, would have quite liked France from the second seeds pot, just because I think that pissing qualifying every time (okay, nearly every time) doesn't really help us prepare for anything.

I say us, I care less and less about England with every passing Tournament of absurd hype, ridiculous fervour and immense underperformance that JT and Stevie G and the various assorted twats go through.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 21:28:52 »

I wanted a tough draw too... or at least a Home Nation.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 21:35:07 »

I hate the England Football Team (and every Premiership Club and player whilst Im at it) almost as much as I hate Xmas. If only Xmas came around every 2 years as well, heres to hoping.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 22:53:27 »

I can't hate the England national team. I hate a lot of the players but I can't hate the team. I still go to Wembley occasionally althuogh years ago I used to go every game. John Terry is nowhere near an international class player and fat Frankie's days are well behind him. Gerrard flatters to deceive and Rooney is a shadow of the player he could be. Our golden generation were actually shit both technically and mentally. The thought of any of our players being world class or anywhere near it is ludicrous. They're world class at screwing money out of clubs but thats it. If you picked 5 World Xis then none of our players would get in them.
I know i shouldn't but I'll still get behind them and I'll probably go to a couple of the qualifiers. If we get to the Euros or WC then I'll deck the house out in St George's and then rip them down when we lose but I can't stop hoping.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 23:12:44 »

As a Poland fan i'm resonably happy with the draw.

Glad we didnt get Spain, Holland, Germany or Portugal as they were the best pot 1 teams.  Norway or Greece would been the best to have been drawn against, but England are somewhere in the middle so thats not bad i guess.

England should win the group at a canter with Montenegro, Ukraine and Poland fighting it out for second place.  Then again England should be dicking their current euro 2012 group but arent so i guess miracles can happen. 
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 23:33:54 »

We'll have harry redknapp ruling over this campaign, so fuck knows how we're going to do. Be interesting to see just how much 'team spirit' can overcome a hopless modicum of tactical acumen

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 07:38:14 »

while it's the first time we've played San Marino since the night of that goal.

Ah yes, a night Zippy will want to forget even more than Psycho does:

Living in Wales at the time, and uttering the words "don't worry, he never misses penalties" didn't make me too popular for a bit.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 08:28:43 »

Ah yes, a night Zippy will want to forget even more than Psycho does:

Living in Wales at the time, and uttering the words "don't worry, he never misses penalties" didn't make me too popular for a bit.

I seem to remember that it wasn't long afterwards that Bodin comfortably put a penalty away for Town in a 2-2 draw with Ipswich (night game at the CG).

During the San Marino game I'm pretty sure that the BBC cut to live footage of Zippys most 'infamous' moment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: