Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC Vs Supermarine FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 16181 times)
Retep

« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 22:20:56 »

Did anyone else hear the man in the main stand shouting stuff to the players (Timlin especially) who was being threatened to get kicked out?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 22:22:15 »

He was either hammered or a prat or both
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 22:30:18 »

I thought Callum was the only real worry for me tonight defensively.  To me he looked to be our weak link at the back, still looked the same player he was the last time I saw him play for town, hasn't seem to progressed, but maybe it was just me.

Looked good going forwards though, was he a winger at some point who got converted?
digby

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 22:36:42 »

Quietly impressed tonight ! The team spirit and work ethic were spot on, a far cry from last season in both respects.
Smith (the non-keeper !) stood out for me - he dominated midfield, was feisty and ran non stop. Thought the on-trial winger Esajas looked well worth a contract, and I thought put Atiku into the shade. Really impressed with Flint too !

Very encoraging - looking forward to the next instalment !
Spud

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 23:10:07 »

Brilliant team performance. Jonathan Smith was outstanding and my MOTM!

No idea who that idiot was that decided to shout random bollocks?!!

stfcinbmth

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 23:18:56 »

Keeper looked like he wanted to cry when it went in though!

Straight through his hands..

Poor James, he is a Town fan you know

Thanks for all the reports, sounds like this season could be a tad more interesting than the last
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 23:24:46 »

We were unspectacular tonight but got the job done and thats the main thing, Take nothing away from Supermarine they did well to constantly be closing us down and played some good football in places.

Of the new boys Smith and Comazzi impressed me, The algerian didn't look fit but did have a bit of pace to him, De Vita showed some good touches but gave away a fair few fouls, Devera looked ok, I wonder if the reason the Italian LB has played so few games is due to injury?! Atiku looks like he may be an impact sub but probably too early to tell. Esajas looked good, took his goal well but probably did try to do too much in places.

The old boys all put in a shift, Ritchie looked a bit meatier muscle wise and Ferry looked slimmer have a feeling he wont be a starter again next year though. Timlin looked a bit lost on the wing first half but looked good in CM in the second half. I was actually quite impressed with Bodin, but some people around me weren't.

Next season I can see Kennedy splitting opinion, I just couldn't make my mind up about him tonight looked ok going forward, but thought some of his decision making could have been better and his positioning wasnt amazing, I felt a bit like Devera spent alot of time covering for him first half.

Far too much of our play first half came down the right handside, I hope we can balance that out out before the season starts. i know people have reservations but after tonight I definitely think we need some strength and height up front from which any of those forwards could play off.

On the Funny side
-A person said to me in the queue that he had heard radio Swindon were reporting we were going to sign Constable (bloody rumours site) and that they had heard Sol Campbell said the Algerian was one of the toughest players he had played against...well done whoever updated wikipedia
-In the second half I overheard somone saying Charlie Austin was in rehab because Eddie Howe had caught him doing coke Haha.... Got to love Chinese whispers at football

« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 00:03:54 by Town23 » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 23:44:50 »

-In the second half I overheard somone saying Charlie Austin was in rehab because Eddie Howe had caught him doing coke Haha

Charlie's got other problems to worry about it seems
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 23:46:09 »

Quite impressed with tonight's performance, saw more commitment and passion in the first half than all of last season. Some of the old boys looked leaner and fitter which can only be good. Think the team still needs fine tuning, and some stronger opposition, look forward to seeing the game against Reading

No idea who that idiot was that decided to shout random bollocks?!!

You must have been in the same stand as us(opposite the dugouts), in the second half it looked like the stewards were going to chuck him out and some little old foreign lady (maybe Di Canios mum or nan) started giving him some grief, Funny as feck.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 06:15:51 »

Was he wearing an old town jacket?

If so he was having a gomat her before the game started!

Oh and that twat Phil who talks tk everyone burped in my face and didnt apologise.

Cunt
Spud

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 06:19:06 »

Just about to show some highlights from last nights game on Sky Sports News.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 06:21:58 »

-In the second half I overheard somone saying Charlie Austin was in rehab because Eddie Howe had caught him doing coke Haha.... Got to love Chinese whispers at football

You must have been stood near us, far side of the pitch, left of dug out as you look at pitch.

My mate wasn't too impressed with Bodin, and also spouted the Austin bollards! I think Bodin needs some first team games, but probably isn't yet the striker you'd play along side Connell or any of our other striker options.

Back to the game, a crowd of over 2000 shows the Di Canio effect. Also had a few kittens when Phil Smith tried to turn his man in the box!

Shouty man in the main stand was annoying. I assumed he was special or very drunk.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 06:23:36 by Batch » Logged
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 06:22:07 »

Oh and that twat Phil who talks tk everyone burped in my face and didnt apologise.

Cunt

I didn't burp in your face Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 06:27:04 »

Oh, and I still have absolutely no idea if we'll be great or gash this season.
Spud

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 06:34:15 »

You must have been in the same stand as us(opposite the dugouts), in the second half it looked like the stewards were going to chuck him out and some little old foreign lady (maybe Di Canios mum or nan) started giving him some grief, Funny as feck.

Nah, I was in the far left corner of the pitch that we were attacking in the 2nd half.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: