Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC Vs Supermarine FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 16174 times)
Wandered

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 10:17:21 »

Timlin was alright as was Kennedy.  The right side in the first half linked well with Caddis, Ritchie and Ferry combining well. As for the new boys, I think I need a cheat sheet with pics vs names to make sure I get the right names.  
Roll on squad numbers.
Overall, quite enjoyed it and promising for the league campaign.
Barry Scott

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 10:21:18 »

I really liked how Donatelli was stalking the touchline as the subs warmed up. Putting them through their paces rather than the mates club that'd congregate down at the Bank.

Excellent. That's not something I've ever seen before, I wonder if he'll be on the touchline during the season? I bet those left from last season must be realising they won't get away with pretending to warm up this season.

I can't wait for the season to start.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 11:12:22 »

Kerrouche played some great touches, nice controlled headers and lay offs to another Town player. Almost scored with his first touch too.

There's been some of critisism of Kerrouche but I also thought he had a good game. He stuck his head in where it hurts (when the goalkeeper and defender collided) and nearly scored. His passing and movement was good but he didn't get good enough service to see what he can really do.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 11:26:39 »

There's been some of critisism of Kerrouche

I think its fair to say that even the critics thought judging him on one showing, one day after he arrived and with no pre-season behind him, well it might be a tad premature.

Personally I thought he started brightly but faded. Hardly a surprise. Lets see how he looks towards the end of August.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 12:13:26 »

Glad to see most people have come away from last night with mostly positive impressions, even if it was one game, and against Supermarine.

Hopefully we'll learn a bit more against Ciren and Reading. Can't bloody wait for 6th August now.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 12:31:06 »

My highlights of last night were that Phil bloke coming up to Tans and burping right in his face and the crazy bloke who walked in speaking fluent Italian and then suddenly broke into a Wiltshire accent and had a go at the old dear with him !

It was bizarre !
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 21:24:35 »

Real mixed bag for me.

On the downside.....I shuddered every time Marine went long in the first half, neither central defender seems natural at attacking the ball which didn't do it for me.  Opposite in the second half, when Flint won everything, but his distribution could best be described as limited.  Kennedy was great going forward but defensively I'm not convinced.  Atiku didn't impress at all and the Algerian was hopelessly off the pace.  That's the sound of me giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Played some tidy stuff but often lacked penetration or made the wrong decisions in the final third.  Sound familiar?

Liked....Marine for just about managing to cope - anyone know the crowd?  Caddis / Ritchie, and Timlin for effort as many have said.  J Smith has a lovely shape about his passing, much more cultured than I expected, but don't kid yourself that he is anything like Douglas-class, for example.  Ferry was neat and tidy.  Interesting times up top: I immediately liked Connell, played with an exuberance which will be appreciated at the CG, possibly a L2 Torres type player.  Bodin showed some sublime touches, but really should have scored a couple.  If he does make it, and be patient folks it might take a couple more years, he could be a very special player.

A win - any win was a welcome feeling but as with every game last season, came away with more questions than answers.  Obviously there was no Risser to enforce, but feel that we could still do with a couple of proper L2 brutes, Fallon would do for me.
barry85

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 21:31:11 »

My first ever report so go easy on me. Wink

went to the game last night and am getting excited about the season ahead.  Thought Johnathan Smith was excellent and Calum Kennedy looked good too.  Centre backs looked strong, in the 1st half anyway.  Only concern for me was Smith in goal.  I just hope as well that all are overseas players will still be up for it on a cold Tuesday night in Febriuary.

Im also gunna try and watch some of the youth team games this year as my mates son is one of the new intake.  So far they've played 3, won 1, drawn 1 and lost one. Hopefully going to go and watch them at Southampton this weekend.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 22:41:19 »

I just hope as well that all are overseas players will still be up for it on a cold Tuesday night in Febriuary.

It, famously, being 30 plus degrees all year round in Italy.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 06:59:58 »

One thing I've noticed from the pics on the OS, and hopefully those who went can confirm is that after all the goals the whole team huddled together to celebrate.

Only a little thing, but good to see nonetheless and points to a good team spirit at this admittedly early stage.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 07:35:55 »

Yeah i did notice this show of "unity" which certainly seems to be a good sign.

Oh come on Pets you know you can't beat a good cliche.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 08:02:45 »

Only concern for me was Smith in goal.  

Why ??

He only touched the ball about 3 times
barry85

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 10:35:56 »

Why ??

3 times?  you were watching a different game to me then!

his distribution was very poor just like last season.  Twice he kicked the ball straight into touch when not under pressure.  A couple of his throw outs were also dodgy putting the defence under pressure.  I accept that he only had one real save to make all game and it was a good one
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 10:37:42 »

Why ??

Was that the three when he tried to beat the striker Smiley
barry85

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, July 21, 2011, 11:04:23 »

It, famously, being 30 plus degrees all year round in Italy.

I just knew that you lot wouldnt go easy on me!!  Crying
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: