Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Panic Button  (Read 9877 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:52:05 »

Watching dicanio's interview where he speaks about Knight he knows damn well by the sound of it what he is like and makes it clear he has to be a different person if he wants a contract.

I suspect most haven't watched it at all and are going into meltdown blindly.

Di Canio is not just looking at his skills as a player.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 19:54:46 »

I love pre-season on the TEF.

It's great, innit.

I want us to sign some real blow your sock of players, but a few more 'uninspiring' ones first please.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:04:12 »

We've dismantled arguably our worst team of all time.

No panic here.

David Lucas out next please.

Although, I really dont like Knight and I really dont think he will be a good addition to our squad.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:09:28 »

Having kids (like knight recently has) can change people or it may not.

I think he already had his 2 kids when he was at Rushden, still being a cock.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 20:32:59 »

I think he already had his 2 kids when he was at Rushden, still being a cock.

Third time lucky Smiley
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 22:09:30 »

I know it's been said before, but I'm going to say it again.
WE ARE IN LEAGUE TWO!!

We have not just been promoted, but relegated.
This time last year we were all getting excited about the summer signings and thought we had a team ready for a promotion push. Instead, when push came to shove they turned out to be a load of useless twats not willing (or able) to put up a big enough fight to keep us in League 1. Why then are they going to have any more fight in them to get us promoted back up again.

Good riddance to them if they have neither the desire to stay with us or the balls to want to put things right.

We may not be inspired by the signings but we ARE in League 2 and many players who may excite us will want bigger things. I am sure Di Canio will instill his apparent passion in our new team, so that we have a bunch of 11 men on the pitch who are more ready and willing than last year's dross.

With any luck one (or more) of the L1 clubs they have signed for will themselves be battling relegation at the end of the season.  Cheesy

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 10:15:46 »

Sorry, have I missed something, why have we got a panic button?

Prompted by the 'no need to hit th panic button just yet' comments earlier yesterday.  I wasn't suggesting for a second that anyone should use it.  But thought it would be reassuring for people to know it was there once the hyperventilation had started.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 12:40:03 »

Prompted by missing out on another striker to fucking Gillingham or Dons, i'm now pressing the panic button hard.

Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 12:46:41 »

Get your Boots ready Paolo, You may just become the oldest player manager in the land !!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 12:49:50 »

Not panicking just yet, but disappointed the recruitment process has been such an uphill slog.  Now expecting a measured start to the season instead of an explosive shot out of the blocks.  We'll get this right, but it may take some time.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 14:15:34 »

I know it's been said before, but I'm going to say it again.
WE ARE IN LEAGUE TWO!!

We have not just been promoted, but relegated.
This time last year we were all getting excited about the summer signings and thought we had a team ready for a promotion push. Instead, when push came to shove they turned out to be a load of useless twats not willing (or able) to put up a big enough fight to keep us in League 1. Why then are they going to have any more fight in them to get us promoted back up again.

Good riddance to them if they have neither the desire to stay with us or the balls to want to put things right.

We may not be inspired by the signings but we ARE in League 2 and many players who may excite us will want bigger things. I am sure Di Canio will instill his apparent passion in our new team, so that we have a bunch of 11 men on the pitch who are more ready and willing than last year's dross.

With any luck one (or more) of the L1 clubs they have signed for will themselves be battling relegation at the end of the season.  Cheesy

word

Clems Army!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 15:08:15 »

Can I just point out that the team that got us promoted from League Two, towards the end of the season looked a little something like this...

Phil Smith, Jack Smith, Jamie Vincent, Jerel Ifil, Andy Nicholas, Zaaboub, Peacock, Pook, Roberts, Corr & Blair Sturrock

Fuck me, if that 11 can take us up then the current bunch (with one or two added of course) can!
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 15:10:26 »

Can I just point out that the team that got us promoted from League Two, towards the end of the season looked a little something like this...

Phil Smith, Jack Smith, Jamie Vincent, Jerel Ifil, Andy Nicholas, Zaaboub, Peacock, Pook, Roberts, Corr & Blair Sturrock

Fuck me, if that 11 can take us up then the current bunch (with one or two added of course) can!

True, but have you factored in if Lg2 has improved since our visit and what do we have beyond the first 11 if we get injuries or suspensions?

I hope we are difficult to beat and entertaining.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 15:20:12 »

I watched a bit of League Two when I could last season, and to be honest, apart from Chesterfield every team I saw was fucking shit. My only concern is that some of the teams this year have made some handy signings.

Fitness and attitude is more likely to take us up than having real quality, I think. A team of Pook, Peacock, Sturrock, Corr etc... Not much quality, but tryers who had (for the most part) did a ridiculous amount of fitness work pre season under Wise.
Barry Scott

« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 11, 2011, 15:48:45 »

:shudder:

That team looks like relegation fodder. Roll on the season.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: