Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Joey Beauchamp Testimonial Friday 8th July  (Read 1709 times)
oakleigh2010

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 07:39:40 »

See  http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfordunited/9098134.Windass_signs_up_for_testimonial/

I am personally a bit miffed that poxford are not playing STFC for Joey's testi.

I am thinking of arranging a couple of coaches to go to the match and show support for the lad to repay him for his time at the CG. Anyone interested?
« Last Edit: Friday, June 24, 2011, 07:41:39 by oakleigh2010 » Logged
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 08:10:43 »

See  http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfordunited/9098134.Windass_signs_up_for_testimonial/

I am personally a bit miffed that poxford are not playing STFC for Joey's testi.

I am thinking of arranging a couple of coaches to go to the match and show support for the lad to repay him for his time at the CG. Anyone interested?
Clap Like it!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 08:18:22 »

He was something of a confidence player (which Gorman fully appreciated - hence the kisses & cuddles in front of the North Stand when he scored against Wolves), but when he was good for us, he was very good.  I was living in Oxford at the time and, trust me, their fans hated it that he was turning out decent displays for us.  He was getting death threats from Oxford fans in 1994...and now a testimonial.

All quite bizarre.  He could, and should, have done so much more with his career.  The longevity of his service with Oxford, sadly, was the problem.  Honouring the length of his stay seems quite wrong in a way.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 11:38:02 »

You'll never turn up!

And you'd get a nice welcome if you did.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 24, 2011, 12:26:03 »

Perhaps he needs reminding that his time at stfc has not been forgotteen - what did he do to deserve a testimonial
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: