Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio receiving positive response from fans, says Watkins  (Read 31279 times)
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 16:12:48 »

he was a cunt ?
A fine intelligent response that takes the debate forward in a constructive way. What EXACTLY was it that prompts your detailed analysis?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 16:46:38 »

A fine intelligent response that takes the debate forward in a constructive way. What EXACTLY was it that prompts your detailed analysis?

He was a cunt.

Fred got it right first time. Whatever the reason it had fuck all to do with politics so I don't know where you are taking this.
Coca Fola

« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:01:36 »

Dorset give you shovel a rest mate.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:02:56 »

For what is worth i do appreciate peoples opinions on this,the against camp are in the minority but that could not be to big a majority if we are bottom of lge2 at Xmas!
As i have said in situations like this how far do you go,your doctor,boss could have views you dont agree with,do you change your job or doctor?
PDC likes attention,he is charasmatic and he is a Jeckyl and Hyde person,you could say he was a more inteligent version of Gazza if that is possible,i think it is a good appointment in that he will get us playing proper football again and that is why i welcome him here.

As for Mcmahon the reason he was despised by us fans was is desire to belittle our star players and promptly sell them at the drop of a hat without caring what the fans wanted...he was a later version of Dave Mackay who came in all ego and pissed a lot of people off.
Spencer_White

« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:08:19 »

So what was it that made people hate McMahon? (and yes, I know it wasn't politics)

He culled all the people at STFC who were more popular than him. He gutted the backroom staff (a group of people who cared massively for the club). Without them we became a hollow shell of a club. The club was lucky to survive the damage McMahon did.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #50 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:12:11 »

McMahon tore the heart and soul out of the club.

The cunt
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:49:06 »

McMahon came to be hated due to his actions while at the club, the sacking of wll liked people who had given good service to the club being a prime example.  IN the same way, Diamandis was hated in the end due to the way he did exactly the sam while seemingly keeping his own knackered companies running off the back of what little money the club was bringing in by the end.

Paolo Di Cano has done fuck all while Manager of Swindon to get any level of hatred by our fans.

His political beliefs may be not well received but for 99% of fans that won't even be the case, they just aren't interested.  Even those who find his brand of politcal beliefs repugnunt are generally able to keep that as a personal issue.  A very small handful of supporters feel this is an issue, and that is up to them.

Dorset, let it go, unless you feel strongly enough to protest.  Don't expect much support of your actions, which you should not confuse for people saying they think fascism is a good thing.  You differ by having a very extreme view on this matter the vast vast majority of people.  I am sure more people would be worried if he had a past record of instructing or taking part in acts of genocide, or public displays of racism or anti semitism.  He hasn't, so you can't and will never convince anyone.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 17:54:50 »

I have made my point. I have contacted the club. I have written to Di Canio himself.

From one who couldn't give a toss about other peoples beliefs, I respect your opinion but I do think you have too much time on your hands.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 20:28:28 »

It may not be a detailed analysis but its a very short accurate, incisive summing up.
Is it possible that as well as only going to away games that you could only post on away fans forums?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 20:37:59 »

It may not be a detailed analysis but its a very short accurate, incisive summing up.
Is it possible that as well as only going to away games that you could only post on away fans forums?

That is funny on so many angles
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 23:31:35 »

I am sure more people would be worried if he had a past record of ...public displays of racism or anti semitism.  He hasn't, so you can't and will never convince anyone.
But that's exactly what he did on the three occasions he was photographed giving the fascist salute and got banned for doing it! Fascism is by it's very nature racist and anti-Semitic.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 23:33:16 »

Why? Because I don't want to blow smoke up Di Canio's arse like the rest of you?
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 23:35:32 »

McMahon tore the heart and soul out of the club.
How? I was a supporter at the time and I don't know what you are talking about. Not living in Swindon it's easy to miss some of the things that go on at the club SO I'd really like to know exactly what it was that McMahon did.
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 23:38:38 »

Interesting. Who did McMahon get rid of?
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 23:40:02 »

From one who couldn't give a toss about other peoples beliefs, I respect your opinion but I do think you have too much time on your hands.
Well, judging by the fact that you have nine times more posts than me I guess you must have even more time on your hands than I do.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 10, 2011, 23:41:53 by Dorset Red » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: