Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Di Canio interview  (Read 5307 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:12:12 »

Less willing to gamble would have been a better choice in hindsight.

I'd agree there. Same goal different methods.
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:13:04 »

I was lucky enough to hear the whole press conference live as I was driving in my car with no indicators working.

Anyway, did I hear right that this was Di Canio's first visit to the County Ground and that the interview was at Heathrow?  Feels strange that someone would say yes to joining a club he's never seen, training facilities etc.  
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:16:36 »

No, probably the wrong choice of word.

Less willing to gamble would have been a better choice in hindsight.

Problem with Fitton was his inflexibility. He was certainly prepared to gamble, especially on youth. But Fitton refused to change his plans even though by January of this season that blueprint left us very little chance of avoiding relegation. It was all focused on medium/long term planning, firefighting seemed something he was unwilling to do.

Bit of glamour and excitement now. Hopefully we will get plenty of fans in the ground to see it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:17:00 »

I was lucky enough to hear the whole press conference live as I was driving in my car with no indicators working.

Anyway, did I hear right that this was Di Canio's first visit to the County Ground and that the interview was at Heathrow?  Feels strange that someone would say yes to joining a club he's never seen, training facilities etc.  

I consider the "facilities" statement as a bit of a modern cliche for footballers who don't know what else to praise the club for when they join (instead of saying "I'm here for the money).
« Last Edit: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:24:49 by Costanza » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:20:16 »

I consider the "facilities" statement as a bit of a modern cliche for footballers who don't know what else to praise the club for when the join (instead of saying "I'm here for the money).

Good point

What are training facilities anyway? Cones, balls and a field?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:23:47 »

Hopefully we will get plenty of fans in the ground to see it.
I'm sure there are several Town fans who beileve he would be good at rounding up people and confining them, then torturing them.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 19:27:53 »

I'm sure there are several Town fans who beileve he would be good at rounding up people and confining them, then torturing them.

A new twist to the term "captive audience". Interesting idea.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 23, 2011, 21:41:33 »

Just watched the whole thing

The man was sat down and his passion was truly infectious, just wait until he is stood up on the touchline screaming at people.

He also seems to have an underlying degree of organisation and shrewdness, he answered all questions very well and seemed well prepared.

Jezza also came across very well, he very much wants the club to do well.

Paolo Di Posthelthwaite is clearly a time bomb though. Don't know yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 08:58:12 »

Anyway, did I hear right that this was Di Canio's first visit to the County Ground and that the interview was at Heathrow?  Feels strange that someone would say yes to joining a club he's never seen, training facilities etc. 

With Andy King on 4 AUG 2000 we played a Friendly against West Ham United at the CG I was there and i'm 99% sure Mr Di Canio was too

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 09:08:07 »

i am reserving judgment for the time being. nothing in his interview to get carried away with and any person coming in would have said similar things.
we will learn alot in the first month of the season.i'm looking forward to it
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 09:11:28 »

i am reserving judgment for the time being. nothing in his interview to get carried away with and any person coming in would have said similar things.
we will learn alot in the first month of the season.i'm looking forward to it

Agreed. Even before then it will be interesting to see which players of the current squad he keeps and what sort of player he eventually brings in. A crucial summer to get things right.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 09:13:25 »

With Andy King on 4 AUG 2000 we played a Friendly against West Ham United at the CG I was there and i'm 99% sure Mr Di Canio was too

He was, yeah, and he was good. Danny Invincible stole the limelight though with a storming first appearance in a Town shirt. Surprised it's not etched on Paolo's mind, to be honest Wink
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10:15:17 »

Spoke to a Wovers supporting friend on Sunday & he was green with envy. "Why do Swindon show ambition, whilst we have to make do with run of the mill stuff".
He was hoping that they get Danny Wilson

From the Dark Side
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10:18:44 »

Spoke to a Wovers supporting friend on Sunday & he was green with envy. "Why do Swindon show ambition, whilst we have to make do with run of the mill stuff".
He was hoping that they get Danny Wilson

Because we're Swindon.
And they're Bristol Rovers.

Simple.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10:36:42 »

OK, so he has proven he can talk the talk, now we need to see if he can walk the walk.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: