Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Disappearing members  (Read 372343 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:22:25 »

Hope he gets a good arse raping.

That's a horrible comment.  Regardless of what has gone on here (which is horrific in itself), wishing rape on someone is not acceptable.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:26:37 »

Hopefully getting double doggy as we type. (if there is such a thing)

And that.  Fucking hell, guys.  Don't think I'm being over-sensitive, am I?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:28:48 »

Nope.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:38:49 »

I doubt they were serious comments.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:42:22 »

I don't think that matters.  Turn it around, and imagine a (non-serious) comment about a woman being raped.  How would that look?  No different in my book.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:45:21 »

I think there was a hint of irony in their posts to be honest, as that's the sort of thing that DMR would've come out with.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 14:18:05 »

And that.  Fucking hell, guys.  Don't think I'm being over-sensitive, am I?

If you are a sensitive type, this is the wrong forum for you.

Cunt chops.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 14:20:38 »

I thoroughly disliked DMR. He was fucking horrible to me, I may have been an annoying spotty teenager who deserved it but he was still a prick.

I don't wish ill on him though and I hope he gets the help he needs and can learn from his wrongdoings.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 14:30:28 »

Well raised Ardiles but I think Ginginho has read the tone right, on this. Wishing rape on someone is not a mindset anyone should have. It speaks volumes about themselves and what they feel is acceptable. You weren't being over sensitive but I do also think STFCBird & Sutton were essentially "karma" responding, to possibly how DMR may have done in the past.

On the other side of things, I do wonder...DMR is clearly an intelligent but troubled man. The fact that we were saying the same things about the guy, about needing help, at the time of the gambling case says a lot. While not professionals (I assume) we recognised this then and of course now. I seriously hope that for any true success to come out of this, he not only needs the sentencing but the correct rehabilitation and "societal training" if ever there is such a thing.

He obviously could not accept being unvalidated/rejected by his partner, while clearly still having feelings for her. We all hate being dumped to a degree, yet we still have a line that we do not cross. I'm sure there could be some on here, who may have thought about doing silly things but the "Thin Blue Line" generally deters most from going ahead with any said thoughts. This is why people become artists, writers or other medium that possibly channels their deep inner and sometimes twisted thoughts. Maybe DMR can, with the right kind of guidance be able to channel that. It may also help him to reflect and literally/physically see the error of his ways. If he were to see in a painting, writing or music, how ugly his actions look; there could be a realisation and that can help going forward.

Of course we have to hope this can happen because this will also help the victim and any other associated friends/family affected in this too. The question begging in all of my rambling is this;

Will the state be able to ensure that everything is done to ensure this man does not offend again?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 14:41:05 »

Will it, my arse!

I have some empathy for DMR, and more so for his victim(s).

Do carry on being a bit too decent though, it's a great quality and, imo, takes more strength than hard man forum talk. Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 15:04:42 »

Will it, my arse!

Do carry on being a bit too decent though, it's a great quality and, imo, takes more strength than hard man forum talk. Smiley

Yes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 15:27:45 »

At the root of DMR's problem, is toxic masculinity... sometimes called hegemonic masculinity.

It's one of these things that exercise the minds of alt-right types like Jordan Peterson... as there are many youngish men, who don't understand how to relate to women, and thereby become abusers. stalkers etc.  Sometimes they're not so young.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 15:30:40 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
woolster

« Reply #687 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 16:31:05 »

Well raised Ardiles but I think Ginginho has read the tone right, on this. Wishing rape on someone is not a mindset anyone should have. It speaks volumes about themselves and what they feel is acceptable. You weren't being over sensitive but I do also think STFCBird & Sutton were essentially "karma" responding, to possibly how DMR may have done in the past.

On the other side of things, I do wonder...DMR is clearly an intelligent but troubled man. The fact that we were saying the same things about the guy, about needing help, at the time of the gambling case says a lot. While not professionals (I assume) we recognised this then and of course now. I seriously hope that for any true success to come out of this, he not only needs the sentencing but the correct rehabilitation and "societal training" if ever there is such a thing.

He obviously could not accept being unvalidated/rejected by his partner, while clearly still having feelings for her. We all hate being dumped to a degree, yet we still have a line that we do not cross. I'm sure there could be some on here, who may have thought about doing silly things but the "Thin Blue Line" generally deters most from going ahead with any said thoughts. This is why people become artists, writers or other medium that possibly channels their deep inner and sometimes twisted thoughts. Maybe DMR can, with the right kind of guidance be able to channel that. It may also help him to reflect and literally/physically see the error of his ways. If he were to see in a painting, writing or music, how ugly his actions look; there could be a realisation and that can help going forward.

Of course we have to hope this can happen because this will also help the victim and any other associated friends/family affected in this too. The question begging in all of my rambling is this;

Will the state be able to ensure that everything is done to ensure this man does not offend again?
jerry springer's final thoughts has returned
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #688 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 16:35:03 »

Will it, my arse!

Works for more people than not
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 17:31:16 »

jerry springer's final thoughts has returned

Lovely to know that you missed me and that you could contribute an insight to your own thoughts too  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: