Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fave goal, game and player  (Read 7190 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 16:46:02 »

Simon Cox v walsall
Charlton Play off first leg
Jamie Vincent

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 16:55:33 »

1.  Hoddle's screamer in the opening game of the 1992/93 season at home to Sunderland.  Only goal of the game.  I remember not being able to breathe for several seconds after it went in.  He seemed to have an age on the ball before taking the shot.  (Watch the build up from about 35 seconds in clip below.)

2.  QPR 1-3 Swindon.  Our only ever top flight win away from home.  Anyone who was there that day for the 'relegation wake' will never forget it.

3.  John Moncur.  Midfielder who truly deserves the 'maestro' tag.  Distribution was superb.  (We were spoiled to have him and Hoddle in the same side.)  Could slow a game down and dictate the pace with ease.

If I'm honest, I hate the fact that all my best memories come from the first 5 years that I was watching.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 17:05:17 »

Coxy V Walsall
Charlton Away - Play Offs
Cox
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 19:05:22 »

1. For individual skill, Coxy against Walsall. Best team goal was Hoddle's goal against Leicester on the 93 play-off final, as it starts off with Fraser, and Hoddle sidefoots it in after a patient build up with no Leicester player getting a touch. If Brazil scored a goal like that MotD would be raving about it for years.

2. I'll go for the 'revenge' match against Sunderlan when we won 5-3. There were some absolute belters scored that day. Got to mention the games against Bolton in the League Cup as well.

3. Ooh Shaun Taylor. Might not have been the most gifted, but no-one gave more than Shaun.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 19:18:04 »

Goal: Same as the first post. Craig Maskell's at Wembley in '93. The noise that post made. BANG!

Game: Swindon Town 2-2 Newcastle United, my 10th birthday. 2-0 down at half-time and then two goals in a minute from Ling and Andy Mutch. Brilliant.

Player: Shaun Taylor.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 16, 2011, 19:32:00 by Costanza » Logged
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 19:30:40 »

1) Danny Invicibile's left foot volley vs posh to keep us from relegation

2) Swindon 2 - 2 Man U in the 93/4 premier league season. What a game...It had everything: Cantona sending off, Hughes getting lamped in Shrivvy Road, Nijholt's 50 fouls on Keane throughout the game, Buzzer nutmegging Giggs, Sanchez nearly winning it for us at the death...Christ knows how we drew with Man U with the likes of Frank McAvvenie and Brian Kilkline playing!

3) Nicky Summerbee (had to be, really)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 21:29:49 »

Dave Mitchell v Watford FA Cup 3rd Rd 1992 (I think)
Newcastle 2-1 1993
Duncan Shearer

Ask me tomorrow and I'll come up with a different 3 (well, apart from Shearer. That wouldn't change)
swindonbob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 22:05:31 »

1) Swindon - Cox vs Walsall (best i've ever seen live) but I always loved Ginolas goal against Ferencváros as my favourite TV goal

2) Leeds away in League cup that we lost on Penalties. The most entertaining game i've ever seen - it had everything

3) Odd choice, but Mark Walters. My idol when watching town as a kid...the fact the same dummy fooled every defender.

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 22:12:17 »

1. Charlie Henry Honme vs Gillingham to take us to a play off replay at Selhurst Park
2. Swindon vs Gillingham play off final replay
3. Dave Bamber

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 22:13:27 »

1.   Favourite  Goal - Danny Ward at Charlton Play-Offs
2.   Favourite game (other than Wembley) Charlton Away - Play-offs
3.   Favourite player of all time Stefani Migiloranzi(Spelling???)

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 16, 2011, 23:24:43 »

Dave Mitchell v Watford FA Cup 3rd Rd 1992 (I think)

My favourite goal is also Madge Mitchell's.  Lovely build up, great diving header.
Birmingham 4 v 6 Swindon
Colin Calderwood (although I still have to pinch myself that we had Glenn Hoddle playing for us)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 06:19:07 »

My favourite goal is also Madge Mitchell's.  Lovely build up, great diving header.
Birmingham 4 v 6 Swindon

The above,
Don Rogers for me, a hero to an impressionable youngster when I started watching live football.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 06:51:09 »

Ginola vs Barnsley in the FA Cup for Spurs (closely followed by Giggsy's wonder run against Arsenal the same year)
Wembley '93
Gazza or Ian Culverhouse

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Melksham Red

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 07:04:58 »

stoke away 1990..again,not the best game i've ever seen,but it was the day our play off place was confirmed and the atmosphere was unbelievable

Yep, probably the best atmosphere i've experienced from Town fans, great day. Blackburn away in the PO's of the same season was just as great. I feel sorry for the young'ns who'll never experience those days. Big terreaces under a tin or aspestos roof just going mental and making such noise it makes your ears ring. 
Highland Robin

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 07:40:55 »

Goal:  Yea Cox v Walsall; but really the best was back in the late 60s, Wales v...can't remember, but probably a home international, a header by Ron Davies - I have rarely seen a ball hit with such power even as a shot, but as a header....amazing.

Match:  Has to be the play-off final v Leicester, which I only saw on TV, but always remember Jimmy Greaves saying 'Forget the Cup Final (which as usual had been a bore), give me this game any time any place....'. Even as a nearly 40 year old nearly grown-up, I felt so proud of the team....

Player:  Really hard.... I loved the whole 68/69 team - heroes every one.  Sir Don, of course....but Downsborough, Thomas, Trollope, Butler, Harland, Noble....  But apart from them, Nicky Summerbee, John Moncur, Hoddle, Alan Mac, and I know what Swindonbob means about Walters.....there are so many, and I guess Coxy comes in there somewhere, even in the short time he was there....so many....I must be a romantic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: