Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DSLR Camera  (Read 19533 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 05:39:07 »

You know a lot more about photography than me, but surely there has to be other differences than resolution between cameras? Like differences in whatever handles the encoding of image from lens to digital? Colour reproduction and stuff?
This is true even between DSLR's and is reflected in the price. The trick is to work out what type of photography you want do and match the camera to that - portrait photographers will choose a 1Ds because of it's processing and sensor, sports photographers will choose the 1D because of it's frames per second rate. The 5d is a cheaper version of the 1Ds and the 7D is the 1D sibling.

There will always be differences between cameras and the quality of the lens used will always have an impact on the quality of the image - a cheap 10mp camera will struggle to much something like the G12 canon but if you are only ever going to view the images on screen or print 6x4 images it is unlikely to stand out. It's only when you start to enlarge images that the differences really emerge
« Last Edit: Friday, May 13, 2011, 05:49:47 by triseros » Logged
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 14:50:09 »

This is a must have accessory..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LENSPEN-PRO-KIT-DIGITAL-CAMERA-CLEANING-KIT-DSLR-KIT-/330562132393?pt=UK_Camera_Cleaning_Equipment_Kits&hash=item4cf709d9a9#ht_667wt_1141
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:04:03 »

This is true even between DSLR's and is reflected in the price. The trick is to work out what type of photography you want do and match the camera to that - portrait photographers will choose a 1Ds because of it's processing and sensor, sports photographers will choose the 1D because of it's frames per second rate. The 5d is a cheaper version of the 1Ds and the 7D is the 1D sibling.

There will always be differences between cameras and the quality of the lens used will always have an impact on the quality of the image - a cheap 10mp camera will struggle to much something like the G12 canon but if you are only ever going to view the images on screen or print 6x4 images it is unlikely to stand out. It's only when you start to enlarge images that the differences really emerge

I also like the street scene/landscape/natural shots like yourself  and also taking family shots of the kids playing etc. Something which has a decent shutter speed. so something which suits the action and then captures the light and dof of a street/landscape scene. what would you recomend?

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #33 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:08:02 »

Cameras are all the same to me. Push a button, get a picture.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:11:55 »

Cameras are all the same to me. Push a button, get a picture.

i thought that until i used my friends DSLR.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #35 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:24:08 »

I decided about 3 months ago when I got my new camera I would prefer a bridge camera rather than a DSLR for my needs it suited the purpose well, I take varied pics of pretty much anything and everything.

I decided on the Fuji Finepix HS10.

[url width=350 height=277]http://www.digitalreview.ca/pics/Fuji_2010/Fuji_Finepix_HS10_front.jpg[/url]

10MP with a program for just about every eventuality, ultra fast CMOS sensor, RAW format, 30x (24mm to 720mm equivalent) optical zoom (manually operated not on a button so its very fast at zooming in and out), ISO 100 to 6400, 10FPS shooting speed, 30 seconds to 1/4000th sec shutter speeds and full HD movies.

I would very much recommend it and its way way cheaper than a DSLR at around £230.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:25:59 »

sounds like a nice peice of kit there JJ. will have to read up on it

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #37 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 15:53:48 »

I decided about 3 months ago when I got my new camera I would prefer a bridge camera rather than a DSLR for my needs it suited the purpose well, I take varied pics of pretty much anything and everything.

[url width=350 height=277]http://www.digitalreview.ca/pics/Fuji_2010/Fuji_Finepix_HS10_front.jpg[/url]

10MP with a program for just about every eventuality, ultra fast CMOS sensor, RAW format, 30x (24mm to 720mm equivalent) optical zoom (manually operated not on a button so its very fast at zooming in and out), ISO 100 to 6400, 10FPS shooting speed, 30 seconds to 1/4000th sec shutter speeds and full HD movies.

I would very much recommend it and its way way cheaper than a DSLR at around £230.
Best photo yet.The way you captured that camera mid pose is to be congratulated
Peter Venkman

« Reply #38 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:00:48 »

Best photo yet.The way you captured that camera mid pose is to be congratulated
Cheesy

there are a few pics I took with the camera here....

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,43824.msg956734.html#msg956734

@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:07:26 »

A good starting point for photography the only downsize is the aperture - only good in low light at wide angle (2.Cool going up to 5.6 which will affect your DOF on portraits (the bokeh/blurred background won't be brilliant so subjects may get lost in it) but as an all in one it pretty much ticks all the boxes
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:22:40 »

Cheesy

there are a few pics I took with the camera here....

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,43824.msg956734.html#msg956734
Have to say I am pretty impressed with the image quality at both wide and full zoom for 230 squids
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:24:50 »

Have to say I am pretty impressed with the image quality at both wide and full zoom for 230 squids

Yeah mate I was too, considering that was done totally on automatic as I hadn't even read the manual at that stage! and they were not in RAW format either which is a better quality.

iffy

« Reply #42 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 16:35:37 »

Alternative to jj's one is this one. Similar price:
http://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-fz35/

I'm not good enough to warrant a DSLR, but this can do far more than any compact. The smart iA settings take better photos than I can work out by myself.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:26:43 »

Great, a thread I can fill my boots it.

Have to say I hate Triseros. That's a fairly enviable kit list. Wife is very happy with her 40D, but my 350D is now starting to show its almost 6 years old age. I'd love to upgrade to a 7D, budget says otherwise.....

My advice to axs, go to a camera store (Jessops), ask to play with the Canon, Nikon and Sony models in that price range, find which one you like the best, then scour the net for the best deal. Check out Warehouse Express before you order anything from Jessops

Bear in mind that the lenses in the kits are fairly shite. Like triseros (the bastard), I'm a fan of Sigma lens. The Sigma 17-70 is a far better option to any of the 'kit' lenses offered. I picked one up used last year and its transformed my 350D. You may want to consider stretching your budget just a little and buy the body and lens separate.

I've got shed load of photos to process, I'll add some to the other thread idc.

These two forums may help, the latter is very much Canon biased.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, May 13, 2011, 20:57:20 »

Cheers pumbaa, gonna head into town tomorrow and get to grips with a few.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: