Poll
Question: grahan rix yes or no
yes - 4 (10.5%)
no - 34 (89.5%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Say no to Rix  (Read 5733 times)
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:24:40 »

www.facebook.com/pages/NO-to-Graham-Rix/220472997964421

If you happen to be on Facebook, please "like" this, as the adver will run a story (which hopefully someone from the club will see) once 500+ people have signed up.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 20:25:39 »

People are too busy clashing over Di Canio!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 07:15:56 »

As if the club will listen to a facebook page?! The club will appoint who they feel is good for the club, no matter anyone else thinks.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 10:21:15 »

Rather than setting up a page on facebook why not just email the adver?!

Or have the adver now got to the stage where you have to vote before they run a story? if thats the case then i will set up a facebook page about the dodgy pot hole outside my house
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 11:39:41 »

you'd be surprised.....

Sent: Wed 11/05/2011 15:59
To: Nick Watkins
Subject: Graham Rix?

Hi Nick,

As a guy who's often quite accessible by email (which I applaud as I can't imagine many other football league chairmen are!) I thought I'd let you know of how massively uncomfortable town fans would be with A) former oxford players/managers being in charge and/or B) convicted sex offenders being in charge.

If the media are to be believed, Graham Rix and Jim Magilton are in contention. The former guilty of both and latter only the football related sin.

I appreciate football fans can be hard to please sometimes (especially where new managers are concerned) and I know this is more Jeremy's decision than yours, but if you can just pass on the message to those in power that either of these appointments (especially Rix!) Would have a massive backlash effect with the fans.

As I massive swindon fan who has not yet renewed his season ticket (have had season tickets at least 7 times in my 22 years on this earth), I would find it way too uncomfortable following a team with Mr Rix in charge. If this is something Mr Wray is seriously considering, please just make sure he researches a few facebook pages/fan forums first so he's aware of how people feel about this.

Cheers,

Steve.

Sent:   12 May 2011 06:11:08
To:    steve collins
Steve,

Good morning.

I have read your e mail and taken onboard your comments.

Jeremy and I are aware of these issues and we closely monitor the feelings and views of the fans.

Thank you for your interest and support.

Come on down and buy that season ticket!!

Best wishes

Nick
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 11:44:36 »

Hopefully that counts trollope out too Wink if they say they look at fans views.

Di Canio it is then!
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 12:39:04 »

As if the club will listen to a facebook page?! The club will appoint who they feel is good for the club, no matter anyone else thinks.

The adver said they'd run a story if 500 people signed up.

Sorry for trying to make a difference. It won't happen again.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 12:40:04 »

you'd be surprised.....

Hi Nick,

As a guy who's often quite accessible by email (which I applaud as I can't imagine many other football league chairmen are!) I thought I'd let you know of how massively uncomfortable town fans would be with A) former oxford players/managers being in charge and/or B) convicted sex offenders being in charge.

If the media are to be believed, Graham Rix and Jim Magilton are in contention. The former guilty of both and latter only the football related sin.

I appreciate football fans can be hard to please sometimes (especially where new managers are concerned) and I know this is more Jeremy's decision than yours, but if you can just pass on the message to those in power that either of these appointments (especially Rix!) Would have a massive backlash effect with the fans.

As I massive swindon fan who has not yet renewed his season ticket (have had season tickets at least 7 times in my 22 years on this earth), I would find it way too uncomfortable following a team with Mr Rix in charge. If this is something Mr Wray is seriously considering, please just make sure he researches a few facebook pages/fan forums first so he's aware of how people feel about this.

Cheers,

Steve.

Sent:   12 May 2011 06:11:08
To:    steve collins
Steve,

Good morning.

Jeremy and I are aware of these issues and we closely monitor the feelings and views of the fans.

Best wishes

Nick

Good work Steve!
spacey

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 12:56:41 »

I think that's an automated response because I sent him an email about Di Canio.

Hey Nick,

Wow, this whole Di Canio thing is mental! You might get a few emails going on about his political beliefs, but it's only a bit of fascism for crying out loud! Sir Alex Ferguson has campaigned for the Labour party under Tony Blair and you don't see him getting accused of war crimes.

I say go for it!

Cheers
Spacey

Sent:   12 May 2011 12.01 To:Spacey

Spacey,

Good morning.

Best wishes

Nick
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 13:31:05 »

I think that's an automated response because I sent him an email about Di Canio.

Hey Nick,

Wow, this whole Di Canio thing is mental! You might get a few emails going on about his political beliefs, but it's only a bit of fascism for crying out loud! Sir Alex Ferguson has campaigned for the Labour party under Tony Blair and you don't see him getting accused of war crimes.

I say go for it!

Cheers
Spacey

Spacey,

Good morning.

Best wishes

Nick

Cheesy
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 14:05:49 »

Hey Nick,

I say go for it!

Cheers
Spacey

Spacey,

Good morning.

Best wishes

Nick

Clap
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 16:50:44 »

So, would you say no to Rix if he came with Hoddle as Dir of Football, a whacking big cheque and access to players who have been at or are now at his Spanish academy?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 16:54:31 »

Yes, he's a peadophile, he's ex-oxford, he's a shit manager and he's a cunt :-)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 16:56:10 »

So, would you say no to Rix if he came with Hoddle as Dir of Football, a whacking big cheque and access to players who have been at or are now at his Spanish academy?

Yes.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 12, 2011, 16:58:23 »

you'd be surprised.....

Hi Nick,

Now I might be wrong but would assume that there are no more than 100/150 people that post on this forum. Therefore how can you possibly justify the comment "Would have a massive backlash effect with the fans"?

Personally I couldn't give a fuck who the manager had slept with or played for /managed as long as he gave us promotion.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: