Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: QPR possible points deduction friday  (Read 17607 times)
Spencer_White

« on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:50:50 »

Wondered if the media might draw any parralels to our demotion in 1990? Havnt seen anything yet?

Wouldnt want to be within a mile of Warnock if the decision went against QPR on any possible points deduction. Would be too ironic for words if they were denied promotion after the West Ham/Tevez/Sheff United debacle that he was also a part of. Shows the problems that arise when you dont follow the proper precedents.

The FL/FA are showing all the signs of bottling it and fining QPR. When this issue first arose they said they would quickly come to a decision so it didnt affect the end of the season, and here we are with 1 game to go. The correct penalty for fielding ineligable players is a points deduction, so why are the FL/FA/PL so reluctant to apply the rule in the top 2 leagues? They look totally weak and scared to make a decision.  

All happening at QPR. Watford only gave them the standard away allocation yesterday, which resulted in around a thousand QPR fans in the home end. The players ran towards those fans after the first goal, but the FL show cleverly edited the pictures so you couldnt see them.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 17:59:10 by Spencer_White » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:01:20 »

If they get a points deduction you can call me Susan.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:06:42 »

The football media are so ignorant of their own subject it astounds me. Heard/read loads about this this weekend, and they're all either citing the Tevez thing as precedent or (more correctly) calling it unprecedented because the Tevez thing caused the 3rd party ownership rule to be introduced - this would be it's first real test. But actually that's only one of several charges QPR are facing in relation to this - one of the others, for example, relates to the use of unlicensed agents, which is one of the things Luton were deducted points by the FA (as opposed to the League) when they were hit by a massive 30pt deduction that pretty much sealed their fate in losing their Football League status.

Yet the journos seem completely unaware either of the other charges or this very real precedent. Time and again this weekend I've heard journos claim that to deny QPR promotion for this would be way too harsh and without precedent. You can argue the toss over whether it's too harsh but it's far from without precedent. Luton's punishment was far harsher - and at Luton the cuplrits had all left. At QPR Paladini's still on the board. Fucking hammer them and let Paladini explain to their fans how he's fucked them over again.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:10:54 »

End of day QPR bigger club than us or Luton so I can't see anything worse than a fine.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:16:36 »

The football media are so ignorant of their own subject it astounds me. Heard/read loads about this this weekend, and they're all either citing the Tevez thing as precedent or (more correctly) calling it unprecedented because the Tevez thing caused the 3rd party ownership rule to be introduced - this would be it's first real test. But actually that's only one of several charges QPR are facing in relation to this - one of the others, for example, relates to the use of unlicensed agents, which is one of the things Luton were deducted points by the FA (as opposed to the League) when they were hit by a massive 30pt deduction that pretty much sealed their fate in losing their Football League status.

Yet the journos seem completely unaware either of the other charges or this very real precedent. Time and again this weekend I've heard journos claim that to deny QPR promotion for this would be way too harsh and without precedent. You can argue the toss over whether it's too harsh but it's far from without precedent. Luton's punishment was far harsher - and at Luton the cuplrits had all left. At QPR Paladini's still on the board. Fucking hammer them and let Paladini explain to their fans how he's fucked them over again.

Vote PaulD for FA Chairman!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:26:51 »

Anyone know exactly when QPR came clean and corrected the error? If it was after the start of the season then surely even if they do avoid a points deduction they will be in pretty much exactly the same position as West Ham. Other clubs will claim they lost out on promotion and sue them the same as Sheff Utd did, putting Warnock in a very awkward position.

I can't believe the FA and FL have fucked it up by leaving it so late, why couldn't they have rushed this through?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:37:48 »

End of day QPR bigger club than us or Luton so I can't see anything worse than a fine.

More to the point they've got billionaire owners who'll take the FA to the cleaners if they don't go up. They'll bottle it - irrelevant but hefty sounding fine and a minor points deduction which might stop them being champions but won't stop them going up.

@jonny iirc, QPR didn't come clean, the FA finally realised what they'd done when they regularised the player's ownership in Sept/Oct I think. But yes, the FA are very much at fault for leaving it this long.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:39:27 »

I can't believe the FA and FL have fucked it up by leaving it so late, why couldn't they have rushed this through?

The football community loves a good cliffhanger.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 18:42:33 »

Furthermore, its only thr fans of QPR that are punished if they are denied promtion. It was not right what the FA/FL done to us and we should not wish that on any other set of supporters.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 19:09:27 »

I can't believe that it's 15 years since QPR were last in the top flight.

Also, I predict a small points deduction (something like 5 points) which will still see them promoted.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 10:59:29 »

I can't believe that it's 15 years since QPR were last in the top flight.

Also, I predict a small points deduction (something like 5 points) which will still see them promoted.

I agree...

They wont be fucked over as they are not a little club like Luton and us.....and not a big club like WestHam.....so a fine and piss take points deduction in order.

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 13:24:55 »

When the FA charged them in March, the FA wanted the case heard quickly but QPR wanted to delay it to get their defence ready. But the FA should've put their foot down and said the hearing would take place at the latest mid-April so all appeals could be heard. There were reports at the weekend that QPR are very much guilty, and this morning there were reports that the play-offs could be delayed because of this.

Going back to the original question of parallels to 1990, they were my thoughts exactly. I think the FA will hit them with a points fine, but whether it's enough to deny them automatic promotion we'll have to wait and see. I remember Chesterfield getiing only a small points deduction about 10 years ago, which meant they didn't win the title but still won promotion by finishing 3rd...in other words no real punishment at all.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, May 2, 2011, 17:08:14 »

QPR will play Premiership football next season, that i'm 100% certain.
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 08:56:51 »

Conspiracy theory alert - will the FA use QPR's points deduction to separate Cardiff and Swansea?

A play off final between those 2 (outside the juristiction of the FA) has to be one of the FA's worst nightmares. Manchester derby would have nothing on that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2011, 09:37:54 »

welsh cunts shouldnt even be playing in our leagues
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: