Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: latest from fitton(source BBC)  (Read 12523 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:05:15 »

There's lots of fluff at the start. but it's pretty much all fitton at the end...

Fitton reflected: "The striking problems were never addressed early enough. That's where you win and lose games.

"I'd argue that Paul Hart's record, in terms of conceding goals, is OK. You can afford about a goal a game if you want to do well in League One. Statistically, 46 goals conceded in a season is play-off form, but on the other side you've got to score more.

"Whilst he's done an excellent job at containment football with the resources he had, the one resource he didn't have was a striker that got goals at the other end.

"I think Paul has done much of the job he was asked to do. I accept we haven't got the results, and that's a great disappointment to everybody, but he's done a lot of good things around the club."

Fitton accepts the blame for what has gone wrong in the last 11 months and described himself as feeling "sick to the stomach" when Wednesday scored their second.

He added: "I had accepted relegation two or three weeks ago as the likely outcome, but it doesn't make it any easier when it happens.

"As chairman I have to shoulder a lot of the responsibility because that's what being the man out front is. Maybe I didn't get my message across and maybe we didn't manage to get everybody pointing in the same direction at the same time.

"I don't think anybody doubts that we invested in players. Maybe we made the wrong decisions, maybe we bought in the wrong sort of players. I don't know. What I do know is that I feel I have the burden of responsibility for that.

"But this is a time when there's a lot of planning going on, a lot of discussion going on and I think it's right the club and the fans should get some direction from the board as to what's going to happen next and I'd like to think some announcements will be made during the current week."

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:08:38 »

Nnnnggghhhh... it really does seem like he's here if he fancies it. Not sure if he does though right now.

His lack of 'desire' to stay is another mark against him in my eyes. Usually you have caretaker-type managers jumping at the chance, yet he is avoiding making any noises that he wants to stay longer.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:09:15 »

the little black box next to the interview says it all

SWINDON UNDER PAUL HART
Played 11
Won 1; Drawn 4; Lost 6
Goals for 6; Goals against 12

What are we going to do? defend our way back into league 1??
phelpsieboy

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:11:17 »

If this is the case, then we need to use saturday as the chance to show them our opinion, and give Hart as much abuse as we can so that he decides not to stay, if we all rally together, we can overturn this and get a man in that can take us back up to where we belong, not grinding out a 1-1 draw at bleeding Fleetwood on a wet tuesday night. They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!
Reeeeeves

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:11:42 »

Talking about having to shoulder a lot of the responsibility looks like an apology to me tbh.  Also sounds like the board are intent on righting the wrongs of this season.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:12:27 »

Right, we need to make it abundantly clear just what we think of this vs Oldham.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:15:49 »

I'm all for some honesty in interviews but Hart is just fucking rude. I can't believe there's even a possibility he may stay next season - and I've already renewed my ST

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:17:58 »

If Hart stays on we wont have a transfer budget we will have to spend it all on media & PR training for him
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:20:44 »

A lot of fans disagree with the 'disgraceful' behaviour that will take place saturday after this statement, but I care about this club and I want to make it as difficult as possible for that idiot to stay on next season
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:24:51 »

I'm being thick here, but can someone show me where it says the job is Hart's to turn down?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:25:17 »

I can't watch the video at work but is this the only quote regarding his future?

Following the defeat at Hillsborough, Hart told BBC Points West he was yet to decide on his future: "There are no sticking points. I've just got to make my mind up."

If so, that sounds a bit vague to me... I wouldn't read too much into Fitton's 'praise' as I don't see him as the type to bad mouth someone as they leave the club
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:26:45 »

I really hope the fans do make their feelings clear on Saturday (without getting personal or using violence may I add) if Hart is still here.

Anyone fancy making a huge Hart out banner?  Smiley Angry

I genuinely feel that this club is now moving backward as opposed to moving forward and my faith in the likes of Fitton, Watkins and co is being severley tested.

I'd really like Fitton to come out and clarify exactly what he hopes to achieve at STFC as right now, its really about as clear as mud.
china red

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:27:23 »

Just watched the video of his interview, came across as having zero PR skills and of being pretty arrogant.

mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:29:46 »

I'm absolutely staggered that Fitton has offered him a permanent contract. Does he know Paul Harts record as a football manager? Dear God almighty.....

I think I'm going to go and find a sharp object and inflict pain upon myself  Suicide
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:30:19 »

I don't think I could hack going next season if Hart got the job.

I really hope that's all pleasantries from Fitton. I'm losing faith by the minute after that news.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: