Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: T-shirts - My new career  (Read 5077 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 07:26:44 »

Hi all

I haven't been on here much in the last few months - some of you may recall that I was made redundant just before Christmas, and then my wife and dad both had to go into hospital for operations, so I have had a few distractions.

Anyhow, the reason I am posting this morning is to ask for some help from TEFers in getting some publicity for my new business - as web-site selling T-shirts and other branded stuff around bands/cartoons etc.

The web addy is http://dtees.co.uk/enter_shop

It would be great if as many of you as possible could have a look, like it on Facebook and share it with your FB friends.

I am offering a £1.50 discount for one week, just enter TOWNEND as a coupon at the checkout.

The look and feel of the web-site will improve over the next couple of weeks - my time up to now has been mostly finding and negotiating with suppliers and visiting hospitals! There is more stock and ranges to come over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for you time.

Wiggy

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 07:38:03 »

Fair play wiggy... Best of luck.

Just checked the site on the iPad and iPhone and there is a slight formatting issue with the main body of text running under the facebook column on the right otherwise it looks good
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 07:47:05 »

Cheers Triseros - aware of that. I will be pushing the whole site into a better template soon and that will clear that that up.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 07:53:20 »

fair play Wiggy
also - that slayer teeshirt is ace

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:05:10 »

Good luck Wigster. Good to see you take a positive approach to your redundancy and try something new (I mainly sat whimpering while watching Jeremy Kyle).

I didn't see anything on the website I'd order. Which almost certainly should be taken as an endorsement given my fashion sense/taste in bands! I'll keep an eye on it though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:07:14 »

You doing all the web stuff yourself?

Jonny72 is the man for ecommerce stuff, but haven't seen him around for a while.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:10:16 »

Jonny72 is the man for ecommerce stuff, but haven't seen him around for a while.

Must be holed up in Bill Gates Steve Jobs love dungeon in his iGimp mask.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:19:31 by Batch » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:13:18 »

Surely you mean Steve Jobs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:19:53 »

Yes. Yes I do. Too early.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:20:29 »

Good luck with that wiggy.  There are some really good tees there.  Sadly, as I am what is known in Spain as el bastardo largo, I'd need XXL...48" type size.  Let me know when you get them bigger.

All the best and well done for doing something positive after redundancy (especially as all I managed to do was guide Atletico Madrid to the Spanish title on fm).

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:43:16 »

You doing all the web stuff yourself?

Samdy - yes, I am doing all the web stuff myself - I had commissioned web-sites before, but had no background in design myself. I wanted to get something out of this that I could add to my cv, so am getting to grips with design in Joomla. The idea is that when I am a bit better at it I can do a sideline in designing simple sites for charities and clubs at low cost.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 08:47:03 »

Interesting stuff, always good to see someone else starting their own business- although people making their own websites isn't good for me, you should come and pay me to do it instead...Or maybe a bit of touching up.

Best of luck, I'll have a look through sometime!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 09:24:50 »

Good on you Wiggy,will have a gander.

Best of luck with it.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 09:48:09 »

Good lick wiggy

I have done a bit of writing about online business for a contract of mine that has just finished. I got to learn a thing or two about it.

T-shirts are a very competitive field and many others are doing the same thing. You might want to consider diversifying by adding some niche items that not many others sell, and get it SEO'd so people find you OK.

Just a thought, hope it works out for you.
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 10:21:32 »

Good lick wiggy

I have done a bit of writing about online business for a contract of mine that has just finished. I got to learn a thing or two about it.

T-shirts are a very competitive field and many others are doing the same thing. You might want to consider diversifying by adding some niche items that not many others sell, and get it SEO'd so people find you OK.

Just a thought, hope it works out for you.

Cheers BR

The niche will come eventually by acting as a clearing house for bands to move on old merch. The idea is that I will take all the old stock from a band who I think might break through - they get a cashflow boost for new merch and studio time, and I become the sole vendor of their old designs - a bit of a risk as if the band doesn't make it I am left with dud stock - but it will enable me in time to have a wholesale arm as well. I have done a deal with a local T-shirt printing business who don't currently sell online, so there will be a range of funny/slogan T-shirts added in soon.

Thnks for all your good wishes and advice - a few more facebook likes and sharing the linkon FB would be fantastic though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: