Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheff Wed away  (Read 14608 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 22:18:10 »

Von Miller I like a lot, I think he looks to have a great skill set.  Whoever ends up with him will have signed a hell of a player.

I reckon I might stay up...get the beers and a few snacks in.  Boo whoever the Patriots sign.

(Btw, Tom Brady was 12-2 pre-spygate and 2-3 since...not relevent to anything, but it tells its own story).

Well, I may have mentioned before, the missus is a Pats fan and I do quite like them myself (much to your chagrin I'm sure.) It has been mentioned that they might be interested in Mark Ingram. That would be an interesting, even, dare I say it, exciting pick (and consequently quite un-Patriot like). It would make a lot of sense though.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 22:23:45 »

Well, I may have mentioned before, the missus is a Pats fan and I do quite like them myself (much to your chagrin I'm sure.) It has been mentioned that they might be interested in Mark Ingram. That would be an interesting, even, dare I say it, exciting pick (and consequently quite un-Patriot like). It would make a lot of sense though.

I was unaware of your good lady's (ahem) choice.  Ingram would be excellent if they could get him with their second 1st Round pick, especially if they trade the pick from the Raiders for value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 22:26:04 »

Do NFL players have any say whatsoever in where they're moving?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 22:30:14 »

Do NFL players have any say whatsoever in where they're moving?

They don't really have a say in who drafts them, but they don't have to sign the contracts and (I think) can become free agents after that.

It has happened once (many years ago) that a player basically told the team likely to draft him not to bother as he would never sign for them.  This was in the days of the NFL/AFL (two competing leagues who both had drafts and the player decided which of the two teams that drafted him he'd sign for), so I don't know how common that is now.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

SCM

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 25, 2011, 22:31:58 »

I see, cheers for the info.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 07:44:35 »

They don't really have a say in who drafts them, but they don't have to sign the contracts and (I think) can become free agents after that.

It has happened once (many years ago) that a player basically told the team likely to draft him not to bother as he would never sign for them.  This was in the days of the NFL/AFL (two competing leagues who both had drafts and the player decided which of the two teams that drafted him he'd sign for), so I don't know how common that is now.

John Elway and Eli Manning Yes

I think Marshall Faulk said he wouldn't play for Bengals as well. Not sure about that one though.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 12:29:55 »

John Elway and Eli Manning Yes

I think Marshall Faulk said he wouldn't play for Bengals as well. Not sure about that one though.

Of course! In my defence it was late.  Thinking about it what happened early on in Favre's career, wasn't he at Atlanta for a while?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 13:04:39 »

Of course! In my defence it was late.  Thinking about it what happened early on in Favre's career, wasn't he at Atlanta for a while?

We drafted him as a 2nd rounder. He went 0/4 with 2 INTs in his Falcons career before being traded to GB.

As with you guys Friday off means I get to watch all 3&1/2 hours of the draft rather than that other event.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 13:30:03 »

We drafted him as a 2nd rounder. He went 0/4 with 2 INTs in his Falcons career before being traded to GB.

As with you guys Friday off means I get to watch all 3&1/2 hours of the draft rather than that other event.

Cool, any thoughts about the Falcons draft?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 13:53:49 »

Cool, any thoughts about the Falcons draft?

Got to be D-Line in the 1st, hopefully Clayborn or Heyward will still be on the board. I'd then go WR in the 2nd.

Interested to see where Patrick Peterson goes, best player the in the draft IMO.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 13:56:21 »

Does anyone else have a fucking clue what this conversation is about?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 13:57:26 »

Not me
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:03:27 »

I think we'll see Peterson at the 49ers, if they don't nab a QB (ie. Gabbert)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:15:24 »

Does anyone else have a fucking clue what this conversation is about?

No idea.
Certainly not Sheff Wed away.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 14:47:15 »

Not me
Ditto

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: