Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 68   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 202069 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 21:46:31 »

She's like the fucking zombie dead that woman
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 21:47:05 »

Thanks for the explanation chaps.

I'm happy to say I am none the wiser Cool
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 21:47:11 »

It's the most popular words/phrases across all the tweets people are making across a region. It can mean very different things. People will be writing university theseseseses on the subject for decades.

Yeah, as far as I understand it, it is simply a most popular keyword match across regions. In other words, the things people are tweeting about most at the moment.

People use the # tag to add context across multiple people posting on the same subject. e.g If people use a common hash tag #SwindonTownFc for STFC , then it is possible to search for all tweets on swindon town FC by searching for #SwindonTownFc. Moreover if lots of people are tweeting about #SwindonTownFC it may trend. Though # tags are just convention and hold no more significance than any other word tweeted.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 21:51:06 »

Yeah, as far as I understand it, it is simply a most popular keyword match across regions. In other words, the things people are tweeting about most at the moment.

People use the # tag to add context across multiple people posting on the same subject. e.g If people use a common hash tag #SwindonTownFc for STFC , then it is possible to search for all tweets on swindon town FC by searching for #SwindonTownFc. Moreover if lots of people are tweeting about #SwindonTownFC it may trend. Though # tags are just convention and hold no more significance than any other word tweeted.

Do I have to do anything? Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 21:53:34 »

Do I have to do anything Huh?

eh? No. Just look at what is trending if you want to see what is the most popular topics in tweets. You can look at it on a worldwide basis, or a UK basis, or whatever. There is an option to change scope.

e.g. "Charlie Adam" is trending in the UK at the moment. MOTD just showed Adam miss then score in two penalties. So lots of people probably tweeted on that. Now its trending. Simple!
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 21:55:23 by Batch » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 21:55:54 »

eh? No. Just look at what is trending if you want to see what is the most popular topics in tweets. You can look at it on a worldwide basis, or a UK basis, or whatever. There is an option to change scope.

I think I'll give it a miss. Thanks anyway Cool
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 09:44:11 »

Do I have to do anything? Huh?
Become an ascetic monk and give me all your wordly goods. NOW!
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 14:37:36 »

Do you have to have an account to read other people's tweets/twats?
I wouldn't mind having a read of a few but I can't be bothered to set up an account or whatever it is you do.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
flammableBen

« Reply #323 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 14:39:03 »

Nope I don't think so. Some people have their accounts locked which means you have to be accepted to be their friends, if they're open I think anybody can read.

http://twitter.com/dougieno4
Try that for douglas
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 14:49:26 »

Thanks Ben - it worked.
When it says @ and a name I guess it means they are tweeting to a particular person?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
flammableBen

« Reply #325 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 14:55:59 »

Yeah.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Monday, May 9, 2011, 09:51:49 »

The latest from Michael Rose:

Last journey of the season, gonna be an interestin day! Would love to be a fly on the wall in some of these meetings! #herecomesthesummer

Is this managerial meetings? Or meetings with players? Or something entirely different?  I've been a bit slow on the uptake the last few days.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Monday, May 9, 2011, 09:53:42 »

End of season fitness testing and sit down meetings with Wray and Watkins from what was said on the Radio at the weekend.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Monday, May 9, 2011, 10:38:17 »

Think all the players have meetings with the board today
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Monday, May 9, 2011, 11:48:40 »

End of season fitness testing and sit down meetings with Wray and Watkins from what was said on the Radio at the weekend.

Yup, in case anyone missed it Wray said today's meetings would be to asses player's commitment to playing for the club next season. The final decision who to keep/release will be made by the new manager.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 68   Go Up
Print
Jump to: