Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Rose  (Read 12621 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 19:32:37 »

How long was the contract he signed in the summer? Just the 1 year ?

Hopefully
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 19:32:49 »

How long was the contract he signed in the summer? Just the 1 year ?

Two years with option of a third.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 19:34:26 »

Can't see anyone buying him, he'll be here next year then.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 19:36:26 »

The thing is, I think he commutes from Manchester. Trek.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 19:40:48 »

Personal criticism is out of order. But as you say, criticism about a players performance is 100% part of the job.

Yes they hear more of it nowadays with the internet, but they get paid a lot more too.

True,but why because someone is paid more warrants them getting abuse baffles me.

Would have Rose over Sheehan any day....the run and shot that hit the bar v Walsall was our only bit of class in that game....for me Sheehan was pants yesterday.....Rose for Sheehan was the move to be made...not Rose for Grella.
The cross Rose put in for Benyon was brilliant,alas the finish was shite.
Not saying he is a great defender...but he is better than Sheehan at the present time in my opinion.
Coca Fola

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 19:40:55 »

The thing is, I think he commutes from Manchester. Trek.
I bet he walks it too.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 20:01:51 »

I bet he walks it too.
No wonder he's got plenty of time to Tweet
Spencer_White

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:11:49 »

True,but why because someone is paid more warrants them getting abuse baffles me.

Would have Rose over Sheehan any day....the run and shot that hit the bar v Walsall was our only bit of class in that game....for me Sheehan was pants yesterday.....Rose for Sheehan was the move to be made...not Rose for Grella.
Not saying he is a great defender...but he is better than Sheehan at the present time in my opinion.

Criticism, not abuse. You changed the word.

The players get paid the salaries of company executives, they should react to criticism in a proper manner.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:20:54 »

Fair point.....though i doubt he is a robot..............good on him if people are getting personal and he is dishing it back...........getting stick on the pitch is fair game...if people diss him on twitter then he has every right to give it back.......whether he is a millionaire or on the dole.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:22:23 »

About booing and heckling players of your own team.

When your having a bad time of things, how does being booed and being told ''you're shit'' help? It doesn't, it hinders if anything.

I'm all for constructed criticism but the way certain fans think just because they've paid for a ticket, they can act how the hell they want even if it goes against what's best for the team and the individual players. It's utterly baffling.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 21:36:25 »

I'm guessing, much like the way Rose/Cuthbert reacted, that things get said in the heat of the moment with little constructive thought given. It happens when your club is in the shit.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, March 13, 2011, 22:37:21 »

About booing and heckling players of your own team.

When your having a bad time of things, how does being booed and being told ''you're shit'' help? It doesn't, it hinders if anything.

I'm all for constructed criticism but the way certain fans think just because they've paid for a ticket, they can act how the hell they want even if it goes against what's best for the team and the individual players. It's utterly baffling.

It's different when the fans and players take it onto something like Twitter. That's premeditated by both sides.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, March 14, 2011, 09:14:18 »

Yeah Sonic, the pressure's getting to him I think. He should just have ignored them. By doing what he did on twitter has just made the situation worse. I realise that the majority of the fans who boo/ heckle etc. are just fustrated and just act on the spare of the moment, we're all really pissed off at the minute but shouting at the players doesn't help, it really doesn't. But what I don't get is if a player reacts back, the fans get all defensive and pissed off. It's wrong either way in my opinion but if a fan wants dish it out on the spare of the moment they have to expect the player to aswell.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, March 14, 2011, 10:39:49 »

In Benyons defence it did take a flick of a Dagenham toe on it's way across goal.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, March 14, 2011, 10:56:56 »

.Rose for Sheehan was the move to be made...
When protecting a 1 goal lead, throwing our worst defender into the backline would not be the brightest idea. At least he can't cause us too much damage defensively from left midfield.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: