Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: To moan or not to moan?  (Read 6583 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 23:54:16 »

I think it is fair to say that our season has not been one to cherish, but there seems there is nothing like a pants season to ignite a war of words between the "moaners" and the "realists". For me the "moaners" can come in all shapes and sizes, the ones who are a little put out at the performances on the pitch, to the ones who have a real screw loose  Smiley. The "realists" too can be spread over a fairly broad area, from sympathetic to the plight of town to totally obsessed!
Be honest, where do you fall?  

-3 Cringeworthy groaning
-2 Unrelenting misery
-1 Fed up
0 Still to decide
+1 Comfortable
+2 Happy to carry on as
+3 Great season

I'm currently at -1
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 23:59:34 »

+3
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 00:12:37 »

I would say i was fed up, It's been a miserable season but we don't have the divine right to not be in a relegation scrap , It's swindon town and we all know we can have a good season and then a rubbish one. I think since i supported us from a young age it's alway's been the same and if im honest i enjoyed the eighties most of all when fans got behind the team no matter what and sung their hearts out throughout the game.

Give me 3k who get behind the team rather than 7k where a large majority boo and people cheer when players are subbed any day.

flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 00:12:37 »

bloody football stuff in the non football section -3
PocketScience

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 00:26:22 »

I've been embarassingly hopeful of thinking we will come good, string a few wins together and finish mid table until the last month or so: -1 and falling rapidly
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 00:50:30 »

I sit at the back of the DRS, I went for a slash during the game (rare for me) against Carlisle and all I could hear as I went down the steps was individual groaning. The more optomistic fan I guess would be sat in silence i.e. not much to cheer, but not gonna moan. Following town, the best atmospheres over the years tended to come about due to the fact we were playing a "big" club so you have the David/Goliath atmosphere; or we had to overcome adversity so we got behind the team to see us through. This second part is still there (in fits and starts) I wish it would come back for good  Sad. We all go to football for different reasons....I go for several; to support MY team, be entertained (optional this season  Smiley) and to be surprised i.e. coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2.....at the moment that doesn't seem to happen, hence the reason I am at -1 on the list above.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 03:34:51 »

We're going down.

Board seem to be at +2
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 08:24:03 »

Slightly skewed question if you're describing it as "moaners" vs "realists", especially if +3 "Great season" is an example of "realism" - more like completely bonkers
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 08:52:57 »

I'm at -1 - just completely and utterly fed up!

london_red

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 08:58:42 »

I'd be at a -1 going by your scale. Not sure how anyone could honestly say they were any higher.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 09:07:36 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 09:37:33 »

pi
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 09:39:30 »

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 09:41:44 »

I think I would agree with this!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011, 09:41:53 »

Whatever "i'm not going any more this year, i have better things to do with my time" equates to.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: