Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 next season....who do you want?  (Read 60720 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 09:26:47 »

Plymouth hit a patch where they started to punch well above their weight and got ideas ahead of their station (incl nicking a manager from us and the hilarious bid to host World Cup games).  Now they're returning to their natural level...which, for what it's worth, is more or less our level.  Certainly would not bracket them as being a bigger club than we are in terms of support/potential etc.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 09:48:02 »

Indeed see them as very similiar in size/stature to us. Checked and in fact they're just a few places away from us in the "all time" table

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/all-time-table

One other thing i noticed on there - over 3700 matches and our goal difference is just +17. Decidedly average.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 09:58:46 »

last time in league 2 was quite enjoyable.at least we battered teams and had a super fit team at the rght end of the table.even ifil looked a class act.
obviously if we were not to challenge for honours it would be tedious,as the quality of football in that division is poor.
finally playing oxford again would be fun though
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 10:20:37 by arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 12:59:19 »

Agree Arriba. The problem with relagation is that it isn't always like last time. We can play the big fish in a small pond, but its quite easy to get beached in that pond for far too long.

I'm sure Rovers, O*ford and Bradford fans thought they'd come straight back up too.

In short relagation could be a disaster and one I'm not cotemplating 'til the fat lady sings.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 13:09:26 »

Say what you like about Dennis Wise and Gus but that team was the fittest Swindon team for a long time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 13:22:01 »

Say what you like about Dennis Wise and Gus but that team was the fittest Swindon team for a long time.

Not just that, but organised too. Every player knew their role, I remember hearing an interview with one of them that said that before a sub came on they asked them what their roe was and how they were to go about it. Also impressed with how they handled Christian Roberts both while at the club and with the Chelsea leg-ends match.

My only gripe was the way they left. Everyone has a different opinion on that and I appreciate the working conditions were dire!

I still enjoyed last seasons failure far more than our division 4 promotion though.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 13:37:41 »

I still enjoyed last seasons failure far more than our division 4 promotion though.

I agree with this! Deep down I think we all want this team to stay up, and turn itself around and get promotion next season...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 16:51:23 »

Wise's attention to detail was amazing. I remember on the Ibiza 06 summer tour watching him writing literally essays during the matches. Very professional guy.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 17:05:51 »

Agree Arriba. The problem with relagation is that it isn't always like last time. We can play the big fish in a small pond, but its quite easy to get beached in that pond for far too long.

I'm sure Rovers, O*ford and Bradford fans thought they'd come straight back up too.

In short relagation could be a disaster and one I'm not cotemplating 'til the fat lady sings.

I don't think that if we get relegated that hardly any of the team would stay with us, Douglas, Dossevi, Ritchie, Cuthbert, Sheehan, Ferry, Caddis, Lucas IMO would all leave, not to mention having the Wage Cap in place in the bottom division (Mandatory wage cap in L2 that limits spending on players' wages to 60% of club turnover) which we fell foul of last time and somehow Notts County managed to avoid last season.

Relegation would be very disturbing, even though it is a a reality because we are deep in the shit, but a few wins and we can easily escape it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 17:09:26 »

Wise's attention to detail was amazing. I remember on the Ibiza 06 summer tour watching him writing literally essays during the matches. Very professional guy.

Wise could write Huh? ...Shorthand I suppose ?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 17:22:39 »

Wise could write Huh? ...Shorthand I suppose ?

He drew some nice pictures anyway.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 21:13:37 »

Would anyone have Wise back here as manager again?
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 21:14:07 »

only with poyet too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 21:16:29 »

Never going to happen....it's entirely conceivable that unless tonight improves Paul Trollope will be getting a call from Mr F.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 21:16:38 »

In an instant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: