Poll
Question: For those that have supped.  (Voting closed: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 21:48:03)
Leffe Blonde - 1 (11.1%)
Leffe Brun - 0 (0%)
Carling / Wife beater for me please Barman - 4 (44.4%)
I'd rather drink the piss of Reg Smeeton - 4 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 5183 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 15:16:29 »

Guinness for me. Found 1 place that sells it on draft but it’s €6 a pint. Bought a case of 24 cans for €40 - it’s a decent drink from a can.

Fix, Alfa, Mythos are OK, but if I have to drink lager I’ll go for Peroni.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 15:17:27 »

Kwak is quite nice. If you get it in the right place it comes with a ridiculous glass that has to be held up with a little wooden device.

Other than that there's a decent brewery I discovered in Florida called Point Ybel (named after a nearby lighthouse) that have some decent stouts and IPA's, their flagship is one called Snook Bite which is awesome. Unfortunately they don't ship overseas. I usually bring some back with me when I'm over that way.
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 15:21:57 »

Guinness for me. Or a smooth/creamy ale like Kilkenny.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 18:13:06 »

Oh no Flashheart...Guinness is ok but nothing creamy....that John Smiths Creamflow dogshit...got some as a gift...sorted the Xmas Box for the Posty!

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 18:14:04 »

Can you still buy Caffreys anywhere?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 18:47:17 »

Oh no Flashheart...Guinness is ok but nothing creamy....that John Smiths Creamflow dogshit...got some as a gift...sorted the Xmas Box for the Posty!

Did you have that around Victor Mildew's?  Smiley
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 00:31:34 »

its 'funny' to read Brighton Red having a moan about having to pay over £3 for a pint. (granted it was 16 years ago) I suspect when the pubs do get back to normal at some stage later this year he'll be paying over £6,£6.50 for his beer.

Random one, but on a Monday evening I play Zoom Poker with a couple of old friends from Luxembourg and back in London and I enjoy 2 bottles (330ml) of Warsteiner Pils. Given this is barely over a pint of liquid I need to go for a piss circa 6-8 times during the night, including every 20 minutes or so after going to bed. I don't seem to have this problem when drinking over a bottle of wine during the evening. Is the issue the carbonation perhaps?

Anyway Bamboo to 'answer' your question, I love Asahi, such a crisp tasty beer. I have gone off Efes a little bit, in Turkey I prefer to have Tuborg.

The £3+ a pint bit did make me smile!

Ahh, can't beat a decent game of Poker. I miss nights spent around a table with 6 or 8 of us, rebuying in with whatever we had (cash, beer, wives, fags etc) left over Cheesy It's nuts how certain beers just make you break a seal though ey?! Probably worthy of it's own thread on here haha!

Strange you say that, but the Efes Draft seems more malty and I prefer that to the blue label. Have you ever had Efes Malt? Red label I think...bought some in an Offee in Turkey once...my mistake, it was the equivalent of Gold Label. Tasted fine but had bought 24 bottles of the stuff thinking it was the standard stuff  Beers

Yeah had a fair few bottles of Tuborg in Greece but as Aud mentioned, they were serving up Alfa in a lot of the bars/restaurants out there. I found it alright. The Tuborg was pretty cheap too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 01:50:22 »

I've found myself pulled over to the dark side since moving over here.  I now rarely step away from a good IPA - they tend to be 6% to 10% in strength.   Loads of local breweries as well, most of which supply the local bars and also open up to customers direct.  The local big boys are Sweetwater and I do enjoy them, but there are three or four within 10 miles of me and they can all be found in most bars, even chain places stock them.
Panda Paws

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 10:56:22 »

I've found myself pulled over to the dark side since moving over here.  I now rarely step away from a good IPA - they tend to be 6% to 10% in strength.   Loads of local breweries as well, most of which supply the local bars and also open up to customers direct.  The local big boys are Sweetwater and I do enjoy them, but there are three or four within 10 miles of me and they can all be found in most bars, even chain places stock them.

US beer is miles ahead of everywhere else in the world these days. Not a sentence I thought I'd ever say a few years back!

Visited St Pete's in FL a few years ago - the home of the craft beer scene in the US (along with Montana and Vermont apparently). What a place.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 11:00:37 »

Nothing in the world beats Belgian beers IMO, nothing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 11:39:04 »

US beer is miles ahead of everywhere else in the world these days. Not a sentence I thought I'd ever say a few years back!

Visited St Pete's in FL a few years ago - the home of the craft beer scene in the US (along with Montana and Vermont apparently). What a place.

Siren, Tiny Rebel and Northern Monk are better than anything I've tried stateside. They are good though, don't get me wrong.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 12:12:41 »

Siren, Tiny Rebel and Northern Monk are better than anything I've tried stateside. They are good though, don't get me wrong.

For sure. Charnwood Brewery up this neck of the woods is really good.

As a stout and porter drinker, I would say the UK has the best in terms of quality and variety.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Crackity Jones

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 25, 2021, 13:06:15 »

Very much this; although I do think we are closing the gap now. Some really good beers coming out of Northern Monk as previously mentioned; but also others like Verdant and Polly's brew Co. I would say however that we still lead the way on traditional bitters such as Fullers London Pride and Harvey's Sussex best.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 26, 2021, 07:14:31 »

If we're talking modern craft beer, the north are playing a blinder. Particular favourites are Cloudwater, Track, North, Wylam, and Northern Monk. A weekend split between Leeds and Manchester is brilliant fun.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, June 26, 2021, 20:01:11 »

I bought some Perlenbacher Pils from Lidl.
99p a 500ml bottle and it's so nice I went back and bought a crate of 20 bottles.
I'm off to get some more next week as it keeps disappearing Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: