Poll
Question: Should Danny Wilson get the sack?
No
Yes

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should Wilson be sacked  (Read 46361 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 23:48:12 »

I do not believe that was me, no.

Things get better but they never get good
Lumps

« Reply #91 on: Saturday, January 15, 2011, 23:57:55 »

I reckon glos_robin must've hung himself. Hopefully Lumps'll do the same too.

And I've done what to piss you off exactly? Had a different opinion about the future management of the club?

Yeah, clearly wishing me dead would be the only appropriate response.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 00:12:55 »

Yeah!
purplered

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 02:23:25 »

I would love Paolo Sousa to take over, one of my all time favourites.

he did alright with swansea in the championship, not at QPR though, but dont his teams have difficulty scoring goals? I think we can do better tbh
purplered

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 02:33:56 »

Gary Johnson (My personal choice to take over)
Paul Trollope
Gary Waddock
Paul Peschisilido
Phil Parkinson
George Burley
Paul Bodin
Paolo Sousa
Paul Buckle

Paul Peschisolido
Paolo Sousa
Ray Wilkins
Maurice Malpas
Paul Bodin
Tom Nordlie
Steinar Nilsen

Youve left Brian laws, Gareth southgate and Roy keane off those lists. All 3 would be credible better than wilson candidates.

Ray wilkins (if we could get him with wise aswell that would be a killer team), Gary johnson or Brian laws gets my vote. Fans seem to dismiss brian laws but he got scunthorpe out of this league recently on a budget smaller than ours, and has recent premiership and championship experience, burnely were only 2 points off the play offs when he was sacked which seemed a bit premature for me.
uwe rosler might be an unusual but good choice aswell. the rest of the names on that other than parky dont inspire me at all, definately not trollope.
Robbie savage as player manager been mentioned elsewhere too. Not sure about that one but he'd be high profile.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 02:37:58 »

Best Euro Champions' final ever: Dortmund (incl. Sousa) humiliating Juventus

purplered

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 02:45:12 »

how can Wilson still have 48% of the vote not to be sacked  Bad Mood i find that unbelievable!

I cant be bothered to go into the whys and wherefores, (perhaps I'll fire off a constructive email to the club) other than to say most other teams supposedly going for promotion (and with us having spent a bigger budget than most in this league) WOULD have sacked their manager by now, + hes failed in all the cups. He has to go without question. He cant take us any further let alone up and we're facing a relegation scrap under his tenure. Its not worth the risk waiting until close season to not renew his contract.It also doesnt sound like our starman Austin wants to play for us anymore and several others aswell. Hes lost the dressing room.
 notts co, crawley, oldham, yeovil , after each of these games I was feeling the end was near for wilson.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 08:20:56 »

Beckham as Player/Manager. He'll only play for clubs that wear Adidas kit (hence not signing for Spurs) so we'd fit the bill on that score.

Rather more seriously, yesterday's performance was as bad as anything under Malpas. It appears Wilson has lost the dressing room, they certainly didn't seem to want to play for him yesterday.

It's the midfield that is that big problem for me. Last year we had Ferry and Douglas who were, in my opinion, one of the most effective pairings in the league. Ferry is now not getting a regular game, with Prutton seemingly able to command a place in the team without playing well.  The decision to keep Prutton on and take Ritchie off yesterday was baffling, as was the decision to bring on Timlin rather than any of the attacking options available. Even O'Brien would have made more sense.

Wilson did a cracking job last season, but he's had his chance. Everything he did last season will be wiped out if we go down, which looks likely on our current form.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 16:29:29 by Barnard » Logged
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 09:55:26 »

It's the midfield that is that big problem for me. Last year we had Ferry and Douglas who were, in my opinion, one of the most effective pairings in the league. Ferry is now not getting a regular game, with Prutton seemingly able to command a place in the team without playing well. 

Agree with this.  We've been overrun in midfield most of the season - particularly evident in Bournemouth game and again yesterday.  I still think Douglas is generally playing well but Prutton has really disappointed me.  At times you hardly realise he's on the pitch and I can only recall once all season when I think he and Douglas combined well with each other.  Yet he seems immune to any tinkering from Wilson for some reason.  Until we get this area sorted out I can't see that we'll recover our position.
Spencer_White

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 11:54:25 »

Was that Dave shouting at the town end for singing "your not fit to wear the shirt"? that was brilliant. "call yourselves fucking supporters, you cunts" said the guy leaving the match early Smiley

I left when I heard that. Wasnt me though.

I still dont think all is lost with Wilson. I dont think he is the main problem.

Was the squad ever good enough this season? Yes Im shocked at how bad things have got this season. But sometimes this happens, you aim for the top and when it doesnt happen then things start going seriously tits up.

2 years ago we were in the same position and Danny Wilson put together a great side for the next season.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 12:51:16 by Spencer_White » Logged
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #100 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:27:24 »

My reasons for wanting Wilson sacked are:-

1.Since Leeds away last year we have been shit barring the Play-Off Semi's against Charlton.

2.Questionable tactics and formations.

3.Has his favourites and keeps dropping people like Ferry.

4.Dithers in every transfer window and doesn't get the right people in, Failed to replace Greer & Paynter, Instead hoped people like Pericard would do the job when we all could see that it wasn't going to work.

5.His subsitutions are awful, Prime example again yesterday.

6.Losing/Lost the dressing room, I don't think the players want to play for him anymore.

7.The fans have turned on him and a lot of people now want him out.

8.We risk going down by keeping him in charge/Attendances will drop a bit.

9.Doesn't have a Plan B, Even his Plan A isn't working.

10.Has had more than enough time to sort things out and has failed to do so.

11.Still living off last season.

12.Failed his objectives of going on runs in the cups and the board's target of the play-offs obviously won't be met.

I think that covers most of it.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:35:11 »

My reasons for wanting him to stay.

1. Playoff final last year...and watched some great football.

2.The players he has given the opportunity to have failed him miserably.

3.The wins against Saints,Hudds,Charlton,Wednesday,Rovers show me the players should burden a lot of the blame.

4.Two wins on the TV in the same season Cheesy

5.I always side with an underdog...wich he certainly is at present.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:36:59 by leefer » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:36:09 »

My reasons for wanting Wilson to stay

- Proven experienced manager at this level
- Showed that he could take players previously not performed and got them playing (JPM. Paynter, etc.)
- Playoff final was no fluke. Done it before and will do it again.
- Has attracted good players to the club.
- Has transfer window to find key players, a new man would have naff all time.
- No-one better around. If sacked would probably be replaced Paul Trollope.

I am as pissed off as the next man. I don't think change is the answer. If he has genuinely lost the dressing room then that is different. To me we look a team short on confidence and absent 2 or 3 key players.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:36:23 »

My reasons for wanting Wilson sacked are:-

1.Since Leeds away last year we have been shit barring the Play-Off Semi's against Charlton.

2.Questionable tactics and formations.

3.Has his favourites and keeps dropping people like Ferry.

4.Dithers in every transfer window and doesn't get the right people in, Failed to replace Greer & Paynter, Instead hoped people like Pericard would do the job when we all could see that it wasn't going to work.

5.His subsitutions are awful, Prime example again yesterday.

6.Losing/Lost the dressing room, I don't think the players want to play for him anymore.

7.The fans have turned on him and a lot of people now want him out.

8.We risk going down by keeping him in charge/Attendances will drop a bit.

9.Doesn't have a Plan B, Even his Plan A isn't working.

10.Has had more than enough time to sort things out and has failed to do so.

11.Still living off last season.

12.Failed his objectives of going on runs in the cups and the board's target of the play-offs obviously won't be met.

I think that covers most of it.

Yawn.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:37:59 »

My reasons for wanting him to stay.

1. Playoff final last year...and watched some great football.

2.The players he has given the opportunity to have failed him miserably.

3.The wins against Saints,Hudds,Charlton,Wednesday,Rovers show me the players should burden a lot of the blame.

4.Two wins on the TV in the same season Cheesy

5.I always side with an underdog...wich he certainly is at present.

I added one Grin
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: