Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parkins Sell on Clause  (Read 1987 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 11:19:30 »

The club hope that chelsea let us off the 30% sell on clause for the transfer of ssp. That is one big of a cheek. It won't happen because end of the day football clubs are business'. No business would ever let another off a quarter of a million.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4478

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 11:30:56 »

Unless your business has been swamped with bad PR and constanly being acused of being greedy and owned by a Billionaire......surely come on Roman have a heart and dont put another nail in our cofin we need that money!!

Come on YOU REDS!
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 11:47:17 »

letting swindon keep a bit of money is hardly good PR though. the story wouldnt even make the national news. even if it did people would just think "oh, whatever", and then carry on moaning about the ashley cole thing. nobody cares about lower league clubs anymore. in fact i dont think i've even seen the parkin transfer mentioned in the national news
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 12:05:30 »

It's worth a try, and I disagree - it would be a news feature on Sky Sports which can only be a good thing for Chelsea, who 250K is bugger all.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 12:27:02 »

ha ha, can you imagine sandy gray on sky sports news... "well, erm, i think chelsea have said we might not have to pay it, erm, i'm not too sure what the details are, so, um, i cant really tell you at this stage... ummm...."

our club would look like a right bunch of spastics  
kick_ass1987

« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 12:36:43 »

some things dont change, ha ha ha
magnum150

« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 12:59:02 »

But then every club that owes a sell on clause would think, right i'll ask for it to be waived. I can't see it happening and if it does I doubt we will know about i.t.

I think the most likely outcome is this youngster of ours that they are interested in will probably go in place.
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 13:12:18 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
The club hope that chelsea let us off the 30% sell on clause for the transfer of ssp. That is one big of a cheek. It won't happen because end of the day football clubs are business'. No business would ever let another off a quarter of a million.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4478

I wouldnt call asking a club with more money than sense to write off the sell on clause as cheeky!. :|
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 15:33:39 »

Lets be honest. What is 250k (at most) to a club like chelsea?

I'm not saying they should let us off. It is entirely their decision, but they are in a position where they are able to let us off if they so wish.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 17:08:08 »

Hopefully when SSP signs for Liverpool,we'll be in a position to waive our sell-on clause!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 17:11:42 »

Its a shame Sir Bobby is no longer in charge at Newcastle, as SSP would have been off there for the start of nex tseason as replacement for Shearer for 8 mill.
Amir

« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 18:17:20 »

Kenyon has said he will be running Chelsea much more economically than has been the case in the past few years, so very little chance unless we scratch their back too.
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 19:15:59 »

Quote from: "Amir"
Kenyon has said he will be running Chelsea much more economically than has been the case in the past few years, so very little chance unless we scratch their back too.

Is that why they spent £24million on Drogba!  
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 20:48:30 »

to be honest, if i was roman i'd be thinking "fuck off swindon"
magnum150

« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 27, 2005, 21:29:07 »

So would I.

When we bought Parkin for what turned out to be a bargain 50k we were quite happy with the clause then. Now were chashing in it's a bit of a different story.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: