Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin to leave in January Transfer Window  (Read 32307 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:13:34 »

two wins will put us on the fringes of the top six.

If everyone else loses, even if they're playing each other
Spencer_White

« Reply #166 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:14:13 »

Leefer, Cox was in january, which was an absolutely brilliant bit of business. Austin was November on loan and then full time in January, which turned out to be Football League signing of the season. And I know its not worked out brilliant, but Pericard was highly rated at Carlisle, but we managed to sign him in January.

So Ive got high hopes we can get someone good in January.

Theo Robinson is a classic example of trying to sign a striker in the summer, youve got to pay the top dollar. We overpaid for Paynter really, at the time we couldnt afford a £100k player.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:16:49 »

If everyone else loses, even if they're playing each other

Hence the word fringes...some people have long fringes Panda Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:18:21 »

Leefer, Cox was in january, which was an absolutely brilliant bit of business. Austin was November on loan and then full time in January, which turned out to be Football League signing of the season. And I know its not worked out brilliant, but Pericard was highly rated at Carlisle, but we managed to sign him in January.

Theo Robinson is a classic example of trying to sign a striker in the summer, youve got to pay the top dollar. We overpaid for Paynter really, at the time we couldnt afford a £100k player.

Should have gone for Pitman in my opinion......all history now though.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #169 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:46:20 »

Charlie was never on loan
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:48:24 »

On trial for a small period
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #171 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:49:37 »

I think Spence has assumed the normal football league rules in that you can sign a player on loan until January then buy them when the window opens (although the deal is all arranged up front).
coxyboy

« Reply #172 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:50:32 »

I bet Poole Town were having these exact conversations on their Forums just over a year ago.  Hmmm
stfcinbmth

« Reply #173 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:59:11 »

I think Spence has assumed the normal football league rules in that you can sign a player on loan until January then buy them when the window opens (although the deal is all arranged up front).

Don't think that applies when the club is a lot further down the pyramid, tho I could be wrong
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #174 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 20:02:22 »

Don't think that applies when the club is a lot further down the pyramid, tho I could be wrong

We signed Austin after the summer transfer window which was really the point I think Smiley
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 20:38:54 »

I think i have to agree, although it's gutting to admit, we should enjoy the next few games with Charlie in a Swindon shirt.  Bye

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Liden Chap

« Reply #176 on: Monday, December 13, 2010, 11:04:24 »

I know where he is going but I obviously cant say.

but he will be playing alongside Noone and wright Phillips from Plymouth , all 3 are rumoured to have signed pre agreement contracts for January
Panda Paws

« Reply #177 on: Monday, December 13, 2010, 11:13:35 »

I know where he is going but I obviously cant say.

but he will be playing alongside Noone and wright Phillips from Plymouth , all 3 are rumoured to have signed pre agreement contracts for January

Horseshit. Yes Brighton may have cash, and Plymouth are desperate to sell anyone to any club, so Noone and BWP for a combined 300k sounds about right.

But Austin to Brighton in January? I'll eat my hand if that happens.
Liden Chap

« Reply #178 on: Monday, December 13, 2010, 11:19:54 »

"Horseshit. Yes Brighton may have cash, and Plymouth are desperate to sell anyone to any club, so Noone and BWP for a combined 300k sounds about right.

But Austin to Brighton in January? I'll eat my hand if that happens""

who said Brighton?
Panda Paws

« Reply #179 on: Monday, December 13, 2010, 11:24:09 »

Sorry, I haven't got time to entertain the "I know but I'm not telling you" rubbish, but from what I can gather Noone to BHA looks pretty likely, and then there's the name under your log-in. But hey, maybe I lunged in two-footed and you're right, and you're not on about Brighton.

But for now, I'm just going to go back to presuming no-one on here really knows where he's going.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: