Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 81127 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:46:45 »

is he still here?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:47:07 »

I don't think the problem is the players it's the manager, They probably don't want to play for him anymore which doesn't help things but i think things would improve if Wilson was to go.

If that is true it says more about the players than Wilson.Dont want to play for him?Then they are immature wankers who need to fucking grow up!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
gibbo1012

« Reply #227 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:50:19 »

if we hire trollop the board want shooting.

Gary Johnson would be a good appointment.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:53:51 »

If he's going to leave he must go now, not after January when a new man has no chance of bringing anyone in.

Johnson/Trollope/whoever would not get us far up the table with the current side - it needs new bodies and fast. The problems would still remain.
Bumblebee

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:57:01 »

Gary Johnson would be a good appointment.

Yeah....cause he had a fantastic record at Peterborough for a good defence!!  Doh

Whilst I am severely p1ssed off with Wilson for seemingly having no answers to this terrible run of form, unless we could get someone in of real quality I dont see any point in jumping to sack him, it would certainly lead to knee jerk signings which may not work out.

COME ONE WILSON PULL YOUR FINGER OUT!!!!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 18:58:40 »

If he does go (which I don't want to happen) then Paul Trollope shouldn't be the man to replace him. Gary Johnson or Paolo Sousa.
gibbo1012

« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:02:59 »

Trollope would be a major backward step.

What about Luc Nijholt he is helping with th Qatar national team.

He would bring a bit of bite back to the team
adje

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:05:18 »

Id love to see Nijholt back.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:06:12 »

He'd probably still get a game here.
Lumps

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:08:04 »

It's too fucking late to sack him now.
We need to just pray that we can muddle through to the end of the season and avoid relegation.

I just hope the board can learn the lessons from the last few years and actually make an investment in a new manager in the summer rather than going for a cheap option again.

Bodins left foot

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:08:39 »

I'm really depressed and want change but there's no point getting rid of Wilson now, however he should be shown the door in the summer.

There's nothing to be gained by off loading him now unless he has 'lost the dressing room'. The failures are there for all to see; we should have picked up an experienced centre back as soon as Greer went.

If we get rid of Wilson now we'll have to pay up his contract and be forced into a rushed appointment of someone else who will keep us up but won't get us promoted. One thing is likely, we could end having to offer a higher managerial wage and an 18 month contract.

I still think there are lot of teams worse than us and Wilson is good enough to keep us up. But this years performance is the marker to say if Mr Fritton wants to achieve his plan Wilson is not the man.

I say approach Paul Tisdale in the summer.

« Last Edit: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:10:10 by Bodins left foot » Logged

Bahamas Dave
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:09:26 »

Despite a dire season so far, I want to Wilson in charge until the end of the season (just).  But only so long as he brings in the centre back we have been crying out for all season and bolsters other areas of the squad.

If the board is not prepared to back DW by allowing him to strengthen the squad during the next 9 days, they should let him go this evening.  I think we have tried the current formula for long enough to realise that it's not going anywhere (other than down).
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:14:07 »

if we hadn't of made the play offs last season, wilson would have been sacked by now.

yes

we should have picked up an experienced centre back as soon as Greer went.

and yes
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:14:21 »

Yeah....cause he had a fantastic record at Peterborough for a good defence!!  Doh

Whilst I am severely p1ssed off with Wilson for seemingly having no answers to this terrible run of form, unless we could get someone in of real quality I dont see any point in jumping to sack him, it would certainly lead to knee jerk signings which may not work out.

COME ONE WILSON PULL YOUR FINGER OUT!!!!
Totally agree

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 19:14:28 »

There was a rendition of 'your getting sacked in the morning' after the Rovers 3rd goal. Not a chance.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: