Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42142 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #480 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:00:11 »

Yet if the potential fixture in the 3rd round was one of the big 4 premiership teams, nobody would be complaining.

I expected the ticket prices to be more or less the same as normal. Plus you can hardly blame the club - they drop the prices for the JPT games and the crowd is still crap (silly kick off time or not).
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:01:07 »

In fact the club have dropped prices for league games also.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:11:15 »

Yet if the potential fixture in the 3rd round was one of the big 4 premiership teams, nobody would be complaining.
Eh? What's that got to do with it? I'm one of those who's pleased with the Derby draw and assuming we get that far will be looking forward to it. But I don't see why that makes paying full whack to watch a midweek second round replay against Crawley at a time when I'm strapped for cash because of Christmas/car servicing/etc any more attractive
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:12:46 »

Fact is Crawley charged full whack...so we are....can't complain on this in my opinion.
I know it is hard....i have to pick and choose my matches now(cup and away)....but the club have made a real effort on prices in general.
Of course Crawley charged full price, their fans were watching a (supposed) HIGHER standard of football than normal. But why does that mean people should pay the same price for Swindon vs Crawley as they do for Swindon vs Huddersfield/Charlton/Brighton?

The fact that so many people say the price has put them off shows exactly why the board have got it wrong. Yes they may make slightly more money this way, but if that's coupled with only 3500 turning up to watch it then it's not right.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:14:07 »

The fact only 2 stands are opening show how unattractive it is.

Ill still go if I can mind, in the Town End. I am slightly disappointed at the pricing given its been a lot cheaper for this kind of tie in the past.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:17:04 »

Problem is that lower cup prices have hardly led to bumper crowds in the past.

£12 for me in the Town End is alright, it'll be nice to move from my seat for once. Now where's hat half full glass...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:22:11 »

Of course Crawley charged full price, their fans were watching a (supposed) HIGHER standard of football than normal. But why does that mean people should pay the same price for Swindon vs Crawley as they do for Swindon vs Huddersfield/Charlton/Brighton?

The fact that so many people say the price has put them off shows exactly why the board have got it wrong. Yes they may make slightly more money this way, but if that's coupled with only 3500 turning up to watch it then it's not right.

When you pay £8.60p per match like i do...Town End season ticket then i for one am not going to grumble.....but understand peoples reactions.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #487 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 22:37:15 »

Eh? What's that got to do with it? I'm one of those who's pleased with the Derby draw and assuming we get that far will be looking forward to it. But I don't see why that makes paying full whack to watch a midweek second round replay against Crawley at a time when I'm strapped for cash because of Christmas/car servicing/etc any more attractive

As others and I have said, our cup attendances are pretty crap compared to our league attendances - even with reduced prices. Add the hype surrounding a potentially big tie the next round though and people would forget about paying a fiver more.

I guess the club have made a commercial decision, Crawley fans will be all over this fixture even at these prices. I am sure the same usual core number of town fans would attend even with a reduced price. Ok, maybe we'd get a few hundred more but at reduced prices, but less money when you think about the additional numbers achieved.

Perhaps I would understand more if the club were charging extra but they're not. It's disappointing yes, but it's not really a complete cunt of a decision.
Coca Fola

« Reply #488 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 23:25:47 »

My parents will pay for me, I'm not fussed either way. I see them as an indispensable source of money.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 00:28:01 »

As others and I have said, our cup attendances are pretty crap compared to our league attendances - even with reduced prices. Add the hype surrounding a potentially big tie the next round though and people would forget about paying a fiver more.

I guess the club have made a commercial decision, Crawley fans will be all over this fixture even at these prices. I am sure the same usual core number of town fans would attend even with a reduced price. Ok, maybe we'd get a few hundred more but at reduced prices, but less money when you think about the additional numbers achieved.

Perhaps I would understand more if the club were charging extra but they're not. It's disappointing yes, but it's not really a complete cunt of a decision.
Don't disagree with any of that tbh. I think "disappointing" sums it up - I was just a bit taken aback. I guess I'd expected it to be more around the 15 quid mark and not to have to move. In which case, I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it, I'd have just gone, out of reflex as much as anything. As it is, I've been made to think about whether I want to break my neck getting back from work, rearrange a conference call and pay 20 quid for a game that now that I have to stopped to think about it doesn't really stir my blood too much.

And yes on reflection I agree that reduced prices wouldn't make that much difference to the gate and it does seem a bit off to complain about this one when overall the pricing this season has been fantastic. Meh. I'll probably have to go now, you've made me feel guilty. If it's a shit game, I'll hold you responsible.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 00:43:26 »

It's ok Paul, I cancelled half an afternoon of work and rushed back from Enfield to watch the Brentford JPT game and didn't feel any less pissed off for doing so afterward (despite the cheap price).

I guess the quality of football or lack of will really determine the value for money element.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 08:23:42 »

Not that we will be going anyway, as we struggle to get down for midweek games.

But FWIW, I would have been majorly pissed off to move from a seat with a decent view in the DRS, to a seat in the Arkels with a crap view.

That in itself would put me off, and will probably be the same for some others
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #492 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 13:46:14 »

But if enough fans turned up they'd open the DRS. It's a bit of a double edged sword unfortunately.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 19:52:50 »

I might go to this because I have a chance to go in the TE (my season ticket is in the DRS....and I can get home quicker if we lose  Smiley )
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: