Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 41911 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 17:39:14 »

I for one am not paying those prices and have to move to the cemetery side - Mr Fitton take note!!
Unfortunately it is out of our control - FA Cup rules state that ticket prices cannot be adjusted (either up or down) to ensure that clubs don't cash in on the major ties... not AF's or the club's fault...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 17:47:00 »

Unfortunately it is out of our control - FA Cup rules state that ticket prices cannot be adjusted (either up or down) to ensure that clubs don't cash in on the major ties... not AF's or the club's fault...

Adjusted up or down from where? I mean where did the £20 match day price come from.

I believe you that the clubs hands are tied, just mystified at how the pricing came about.
glos_robin

« Reply #467 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 17:51:25 »

£20 .... bloody hell. In this weather I'll definitely give that a miss. With the Brentford JPT game and now this I'll have missed as many home games this season as I have in the previous 15 seasons.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 17:52:42 »

Well, erm, no.
The clubs have to agree ticket prices, but so long as they agree on something they can charge what they like above a minimum price - which for the Second Round Proper is £10.

I think AF and co have got this wrong. Call me a pessimist, but I can't see too many people being enthralled at paying the usual price to watch Crawley Town.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 18:00:33 »

Well quite. I might have been prepared to pay 20 quid (unlikely I'll grant you) to watch an unattractive replay against a deeply unattractive non-League side who are blatantly cashing in OR I might have been prepared to move from my usual seat to Colostomy Central. But not both. I'm highly unlikely to pay well over the odds to be messed about and watch a shit replay. And I don't think I'm alone in that. Which could lead to a very flat JPT-like atmosphere, and could well count against us. This could backfire badly.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 18:44:37 »

I'll still go but the price is a little dissapointing I have to say.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 19:59:02 »

I probably will as well, on reflection, just purely because I won't want to miss it. Although having missed the Brentford game in the JPT, it was surprisingly easy to do. And the feeling of being pissed about/overcharged to fund Crawley's "project" is proving a massive disincentive.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:09:43 »

This is my only free evening out of 4 due to school christmas concert, works do etc.  I was planning on going, but not likely to now at that price.  Ridiculous decision to charge that much especially approaching Christmas!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:12:46 »

The price means I will not be going

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:29:11 »

I understand why people are peeved...but why should this match be priced differently?
If we had been drawn at home its what we would have had to pay....as has been explained the club are not allowed to change it.............its unfair on the away team.
Fact is if there was a lge match on that tuesday...thats what you would have paid anyway.
Lets be honest the club are getting enough flak about on field matters(rightly so)but they have been tremendous this season on pricing...lots of deals and the season ticket offer...........unfortuanatly this decision is out of there hands.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 20:40:55 »

...as has been explained the club are not allowed to change it.............

Change it from what?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 21:09:33 »

The normal match day prices.....think its because Crawley get a cut.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 21:42:27 »

Change it from what?

I heard that clubs aren't allowed to change prices, or charge less than their normal match day prices.

But I had a good read through the rules for the FA Cup and couldn't see anything that says that. It does set a minimum price for tickets dependent upon the round but otherwise it appears to be up to the two clubs involved to reach an agreement and if they can't the FA arbitrates.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 21:53:05 »

I heard that clubs aren't allowed to change prices, or charge less than their normal match day prices.

But I had a good read through the rules for the FA Cup and couldn't see anything that says that. It does set a minimum price for tickets dependent upon the round but otherwise it appears to be up to the two clubs involved to reach an agreement and if they can't the FA arbitrates.
Exactly. Which is what happened between Southampton and Shrewsbury in the 1st round, if you remember, the FA had to arbitrate as they couldn't agree a price and came down on Southampton's side in favour of the lower price. Don't know where people have got this idea clubs have to charge normal matchday prices from, it might be the default, but I think it's always been the case that clubs negotiate the price between themselves. Seem to remember that's what happened with our game against Forest Green a few years back, that we set a lower price with FGR's agreement, although I may be misremembering that.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Monday, November 29, 2010, 21:58:29 »

Fact is Crawley charged full whack...so we are....can't complain on this in my opinion.
I know it is hard....i have to pick and choose my matches now(cup and away)....but the club have made a real effort on prices in general.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: