Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Deadline Deals  (Read 8831 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:22:22 »

Also he alegedly had a bit of a training ground bust up with JPM recently too.

I suspect that is bollocks. JPM and Sir Charles are very friendly with each other, they are always out on the piss together on a saturday night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:25:08 »

I suspect that is bollocks. JPM and Sir Charles are very friendly with each other, they are always out on the piss together on a saturday night.

Good to know.

If that's right I wonder who is bullshitting then, frient of friend, or person who told friend of friend - someone that should know whether it happened or not (no not JPM or Charlie)......

Either way I bet there are training ground spats evet other day when the team isn't winning.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:28:43 »

The sale of Charlie Austin today would be THE most baffling decision in Swindon Town history or in my 20 years of watching them anyway.

This. I wouldn't rule it out though.
Lumps

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:39:35 »

The sale of Charlie Austin today would be THE most baffling decision in Swindon Town history or in my 20 years of watching them anyway.

Not at all, that would be the decision to spend £400k on a world cup winning central defender and then leaving him to rot in the reserves to avoid paying an appearances based payment on him. Doing this despite being desperate for a centre half in the team, to the extent that you end up playing a centre forward at the back in one of the biggest games of the season (Villa in the 5th round of the FA cup, 16.5k at the County Ground and live on TV).

And of course in doing this completely destroying the players market value and having to eventually let him leave on a free.

Fuck our board were useless cunts in the past.......... Sorry Nestor, the fans loved you.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:41:19 »

Not at all, that would be the decision to spend £400k on a world cup winning central defender and then leaving him to rot in the reserves to avoid paying an appearances based payment on him. Doing this despite being desperate for a centre half in the team, to the extent that you end up playing a centre forward at the back in one of the biggest games of the season (Villa in the 5th round of the FA cup, 16.5k at the County Ground and live on TV).

And of course in doing this completely destroying the players market value and having to eventually let him leave on a free.

Fuck our board were useless cunts in the past.......... Sorry Nestor, the fans loved you.

To be fair it was only 2-1 the villa game wasnt it?
Froggatt scored a screamer iirc.

And the press box got pelted with coins
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:43:51 »

2-1, Froggart, Maltesers from the GWR selection box. Jimmy Hill IS a horses ass.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:50:16 »

I would.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Lumps

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 12:52:44 »

I confess I remember very little of the game as I'd gone to Bristol the day before, intending to come back that afternoon, met a girl and ended up staying over, and didn't have my anti-convulsants with me.

I came around in the medical room at half time having had a seizure and bounced down the Stratton Bank on my head. I think I caught half of the second half from my sofa at home. Mitchell (the makeshift centre half) scored didn't he?

Another point, Adi Viveash was overlooked for a starting place in that game in favour of playing Mitchell at the back. That must have done wonders for his confidence.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 13:50:37 »

and why is that ?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 13:55:10 »

Unless someone makes a stupid offer and we have a ready made replacement lined up then I cannot see Charlie being allowed to leave before January, the interested clubs would just be told to come back in Jan

I'm more concerned at us not getting a centre half in - and a decent partner for Charlie
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 15:03:26 »

and why is that ?

Because if an offer came in that the board see as fit, he'll be off.
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 15:06:02 by mrverve » Logged
Lumps

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 15:28:29 »

Unless someone makes a stupid offer and we have a ready made replacement lined up then I cannot see Charlie being allowed to leave before January, the interested clubs would just be told to come back in Jan

I'm more concerned at us not getting a centre half in - and a decent partner for Charlie

Surely someone can't make any offer until January. That's the fucking point of a transfer window isn't it?

The idea that we'd let him go out on loan, with no chance ofg getting in a replacement until January, especially to a League One rival is just fucking laughable
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 15:48:38 »

Surely someone can't make any offer until January. That's the fucking point of a transfer window isn't it?

The idea that we'd let him go out on loan, with no chance ofg getting in a replacement until January, especially to a League One rival is just fucking laughable

The idea is that a club takes the player on loan but an agreement is made with a fee agreed that the transfer will become permanent on Jan 2, that way they bolster their squad now instead of waiting
Lumps

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:06:02 »

The idea is that a club takes the player on loan but an agreement is made with a fee agreed that the transfer will become permanent on Jan 2, that way they bolster their squad now instead of waiting

My point was that the idea that we'd go for a deal like that, "here have our player, give us some cash sometime in the future" is bollocks.

You can't contractually obligate the other party to go through with the permanent transfer and stick to the price FFS. There's no way Fitton would go for a deal like that.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 16:07:18 »

My point was that the idea that we'd go for a deal like that, "here have our player, give us some cash sometime in the future" is bollocks.

You can't contractually obligate the other party to go through with the permanent transfer and stick to the price FFS. There's no way Fitton would go for a deal like that.
You can
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: